Author Topic: Celtics (41-10) at Knicks (21-26) 2/6  (Read 37078 times)

Re: Celtics (41-10) at Knicks (21-26) 2/6
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 08:41:16 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
It hurts my stomach to watch Eddie House run the team. The trade deadline can't come quick enough.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 08:41:40 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper
Wish some one would put some D on harrington

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009, 08:41:45 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Tony with the airball. Really awful first half for Tony.

That might be the stupidest technical foul I've ever seen.

This one is up there but I think that tech on Reggie Evans has to take the cake.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2009, 08:43:05 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Ray's got three fouls in the last minute. Ridiculous.
UBUNTU

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2009, 08:43:57 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Free throws. Can't keep giving them away
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2009, 08:44:12 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well down one after a pretty crappy half by boston...could be a lot worse

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 08:45:05 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
It hurts my stomach to watch Eddie House run the team. The trade deadline can't come quick enough.

Which raises the queston: if Glenn doesn't trust Gabe to play against the permeable Nix, why is he even on this roster? And are Glenn and Danny on the same page?

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 08:46:05 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Ugly with a capital "U". Do we have any guards on this team that can stay in front of their man? And why do the Lakers come into town and blow the Knicks out of the Garden, yet the Celtics are struggling to stay in the game? All of a sudden the bench has reverted to awful. When is Danny going to make a move?

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper
Anyone seen: OKC is up by 17 on portland

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2009, 08:47:01 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i don't understand some of the subbing...why run eddie at the point?? and someone needs to D up harrington...he is streaky....this knicks team will battle tonight

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ugly with a capital "U". Do we have any guards on this team that can stay in front of their man? And why do the Lakers come into town and blow the Knicks out of the Garden, yet the Celtics are struggling to stay in the game? All of a sudden the bench has reverted to awful. When is Danny going to make a move?

all mental....they are still hungover after last night...they will be up for the spurs sunday but i think most of us knew this game would be pretty tough tonight...they need to get things going and play with some swagger

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2009, 08:51:38 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

all mental....they are still hungover after last night...they will be up for the spurs sunday but i think most of us knew this game would be pretty tough tonight...they need to get things going and play with some swagger

I just don't buy it. They already have lost to the Knicks once this year. On the other hand, the Lakers are blew out the Knicks and Toronto before coming to Boston. Wy weren't the Lakers looking ahead to the Celtics? Bottom line is this team is still in need of one or two solid players of the bench, 19- and 12-game win streaks notwithstanding. Tony Allen gives you about one good game out of 4, Leon Powe has become almost totally ineffective (except last night), Eddie House is beyond streaky and cannot run the team (he is a shooter, not a playmaker) and I do not want to have to depend on Big Baby.

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2009, 08:52:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I just don't buy it. They already have lost to the Knicks once this year. On the other hand, the Lakers are blew out the Knicks and Toronto before coming to Boston. Wy weren't the Lakers looking ahead to the Celtics? Bottom line is this team is still in need of one or two solid players of the bench, 19- and 12-game win streaks notwithstanding. Tony Allen gives you about one good game out of 4, Leon Powe has become almost totally ineffective (except last night), Eddie House is beyond streaky and cannot run the team (he is a shooter, not a playmaker) and I do not want to have to depend on Big Baby.

you are right...they need another big and PG off the bench..i sure hope it does get addressed

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

Neither the lakers or cavs blew out the knicks, the knicks got criticized pretty badly for giving up those performances to kobe and and lebron, but they competed in both games, the lakers did pull away in the 4th to make it look like a blowout and they played to the wire against cleveland.
and the lakers didnt blow out the raptors either, that game was tight throughout
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Neither the lakers or cavs blew out the knicks, the knicks got criticized pretty badly for giving up those performances to kobe and and lebron, but they competed in both games, the lakers did pull away in the 4th to make it look like a blowout and they played to the wire against cleveland

I watched that game. The Lakers toyed with the Knicks the entire night and it was clear they knew they could score however many points they wanted to score. The Knicks have one of the worst defenses in the league, yet the Celtics cannot score against them. Go figure.