Author Topic: JA Adande  (Read 6965 times)

JA Adande
« on: February 05, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
watching him now on around the horn, i don't think i've EVER agreed with a statement he's had, i just get so upset with him whenever he talks?

does anyone else think this guy is an ass?

if not, who is?

Re: JA Adande
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 05:11:43 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
JA is a blatent Laker lover. He is an enemy of the green machine.

...and to be honest, i haven't been impressed by anything out of this guy.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 05:13:49 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Bias Lakers homer..and an annoying one at that
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 05:15:59 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just ignore ESPN now if watching the media over look the Celtics makes you mad.  That's all they are going to do.

Listing to the DC ESPN with John Thomson and he had Jud Buchler on talking about how everyone wants to see Lebron vs. Kobe in the finals.  

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
It seems like all ESPN ever talks about is Lebron and Kobe.  They only talk about the C's when the go on a winning streak, or when they play the Lakers.

Also, Does anyone else get irked by Van Gundy when he does the games on ESPN. His voice and the comments he makes make me want to punch kooala bears.
UBUNTU

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:21:08 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
JA is a blatent Laker lover. He is an enemy of the green machine.

...and to be honest, i haven't been impressed by anything out of this guy.

He's written some nice piece about Boston though, especially about the one about dispelling the notion of Boston beeing racist. But overall, he sucks.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
It seems like all ESPN ever talks about is Lebron and Kobe.  They only talk about the C's when the go on a winning streak, or when they play the Lakers.

... or a losing "streak" (losing 7 of 9 games).

If Adande makes you mad, here is a solution: imagine how much money the guy lost betting against the Celtics last June. ;D ;D ;D
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 05:35:15 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
When is ESPN going to hire Bob Ryan to start writing articles. It's a joke they would essentially hire a Lakers beat writer for national exposure.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 05:39:24 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
LA Adande is just a Laker lover, offers no unbiased insight.

However, you asked if we thought he was an ass, and I would agree he is, but the king of all asses at ESPN is far and away... Skip Bayless.

I find him to not only be a misinformed contrarian, but I believe he has a true lack of intelligence. I take his presence on national television as an insult, this is no joke, no witty comment, I find him so stupid it offends me. This isn't just in regards to the Celtics, Patriots, Sox (although he has failed to ever speak intelligently about any of them) he seems to know nothing about any team from any market. Perhaps what is most disturbing is that it's not just that he's off by a little bit, but rather whatever the correct, obvious answer is, he sides against it, and speaks as if it is fact.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Skip Clueless just drives me nuts.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 05:41:30 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49

... or a losing "streak" (losing 7 of 9 games).

If Adande makes you mad, here is a solution: imagine how much money the guy lost betting against the Celtics last June. ;D ;D ;D
That is true. Everytime you turned on ESPN they were talking about the losing streak.
UBUNTU

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
LA Adande is just a Laker lover, offers no unbiased insight.

However, you asked if we thought he was an ass, and I would agree he is, but the king of all asses at ESPN is far and away... Skip Bayless.

I find him to not only be a misinformed contrarian, but I believe he has a true lack of intelligence. I take his presence on national television as an insult, this is no joke, no witty comment, I find him so stupid it offends me. This isn't just in regards to the Celtics, Patriots, Sox (although he has failed to ever speak intelligently about any of them) he seems to know nothing about any team from any market. Perhaps what is most disturbing is that it's not just that he's off by a little bit, but rather whatever the correct, obvious answer is, he sides against it, and speaks as if it is fact.

Sorry to hijack the thread, Skip Clueless just drives me nuts.

He is an idiot, but heres someone who is pretty [dang] close.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just ignore ESPN now if watching the media over look the Celtics makes you mad.  That's all they are going to do.

Listing to the DC ESPN with John Thomson and he had Jud Buchler on talking about how everyone wants to see Lebron vs. Kobe in the finals.  
And of course by everybody they meant David Stern.

Oh, and just about every male NBA fan under the age of 18.

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
J A Adande = West Coast Bob Ryan - the basketball knowledge

Isn't math easy?! ;D

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 06:10:22 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i think steven a. smith is putting on a bit of an act which has gotten him attention. he's annoying but i think it's been a conscious decision to talk like an idiot. i'm not a bob ryan fan. i consider him a fair weather fan. i think he bailed on the c's when they stunk. sadly,i think he, along with a lot of older fans,for a lot of years were more about the name on the back than on the front of the jersey.
   i can understand everyone wanting to see the lakers vs cavs. all of the media is to blame for this. i think nba tv is guilty of this but not QUITE as bad as espn or abc,tnt.although nba tv blundered the whole fan night thing.ha. espn is just the absolute worst. i hate their website. for crying out loud, 10 games into the season there's an mvp race. GOD. PLEASE STOP.abc is horrible with this. i think they are the worst promoters of individual players over teams. then you have tnt where barkley especially makes fun of bad teams along with their gms(how's danny doing now you fat, lazy, frontrunner?)

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
only one i like is legler.....all the other celtics haters can SUCK IT