Author Topic: Elton Brand reportedly done for season  (Read 5380 times)

Re: Elton Brand reportedly done for season
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
not to kick someone while their down. I always thought he was really OVERRATED.

Gimmme KG, NOWITZKI, AMARE, JEFFERSON, OKAFOR, BOOZER....he was maybe a top 10 for PFs, but some people think when healthy he is top 10 in the NBA. NO.....WAY!

Career averages: 20 pts, 10 rebounds. A double-double machine. Incredibly consistent, with the exception of the last two seasons, lost to injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=91

Better rebounding numbers than Amare, better scoring numbers than Boozer. The only reason people should think he's overrated is because he signed a huge contract this season, and hasn't produced anywhere near value for it. Otherwise, Brand is one of the great underrated players in the game this past decade.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 06:55:45 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I don't think he's a franchise player, but he's very valuable in that he gets a lot of points without having to have plays called for him.  That's a great kind of player to have as your #2 or lower player.

He's just on the wrong team.  Maybe if Philly reconstructs itself... but I don't see why they would want to rebuild around him instead of Iguodala.  Sadly, I think the Brand experiment has already failed (and might have failed before he played a game).  They should trade him for a running game player if they can.

He plays a completely different style than Andre Iguodala and Andre Miller, the two other best players on the team.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
wow... two seasons in a row... that's tragic. I always liked watching Brand play. He was the lone spot of non-futility on the floor for the Clippers.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78

Gimmme KG, NOWITZKI, AMARE, JEFFERSON, OKAFOR, BOOZER....he was maybe a top 10 for PFs, but some people think when healthy he is top 10 in the NBA. NO.....WAY!

Career averages: 20 pts, 10 rebounds. A double-double machine. Incredibly consistent, with the exception of the last two seasons, lost to injury.

Better rebounding numbers than Amare, better scoring numbers than Boozer. The only reason people should think he's overrated is because he signed a huge contract this season, and hasn't produced anywhere near value for it. Otherwise, Brand is one of the great underrated players in the game this past decade.

He had great numbers, but its not all about numbers, keep in mind where he put those up.  He has blocked his fair share of shots, but he is not a real presence defensively in the paint.  It is one thing to get most of the isolation plays on a team who is losing by 20 and put up good #s, it is quite another to be a key cog on a winning team.  You have to give him his due because of the #s, but I think the #s have also made people overrate him.

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 07:44:35 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

He had great numbers, but its not all about numbers, keep in mind where he put those up.  He has blocked his fair share of shots, but he is not a real presence defensively in the paint.  It is one thing to get most of the isolation plays on a team who is losing by 20 and put up good #s, it is quite another to be a key cog on a winning team.  You have to give him his due because of the #s, but I think the #s have also made people overrate him.

8 straight years of 20 and 10, on bad teams. In some cases the lone bright spot on those teams. I wonder how many double-teams he faced? He never averaged less than 37 minutes in a season. Incredible consistency over the first 8 years of his career.

He also led that 2005-06 Clipper team to its only playoff series victory in the last 30 years.

I still say he was underrated while in Chicago and LA.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague