Author Topic: Has Steve Kerr lost his mind.?  (Read 7620 times)

Re: Has Steve Kerr lost his mind.?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 04:40:47 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
I like this deal for suns. Bosh is better than Amare.. Toronto should be able to grab someone else maybe they can grab lopez too..

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 06:58:50 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I think Bosh for Stoudemire is a win, win for both teams. Bosh's high post friendly game is what the Suns need to compliment Shaq. Toronto needs someone who can go inside and score consistently for their shooters to truly be affective on a nightly basis.

Bosh's offense is identical to a young KG's a lot of jump shots, fading away, and some face up. Amare's more aggressive, attack the basket approach is just what Toronto needs.

The only problem is I don't see Amare staying in Toronto when he has a choice. :P

Very good points, TP.  I think you are right - I really like Bosh, and he does fit in Toronto's sytem, but Amare might fit a little better.  Also I think contractually Bosh is up before Amare, and putting him in a very likeable place like Phoenix might get him to resign when he might not in Toronto.

I do think Toronto should ask for a pick or some small piece in addition though.  Bosh > Amere, even if it is slight.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 07:05:31 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think Bosh for Stoudemire is a win, win for both teams. Bosh's high post friendly game is what the Suns need to compliment Shaq. Toronto needs someone who can go inside and score consistently for their shooters to truly be affective on a nightly basis.

Bosh's offense is identical to a young KG's a lot of jump shots, fading away, and some face up. Amare's more aggressive, attack the basket approach is just what Toronto needs.

The only problem is I don't see Amare staying in Toronto when he has a choice. :P

Very good points, TP.  I think you are right - I really like Bosh, and he does fit in Toronto's sytem, but Amare might fit a little better.  Also I think contractually Bosh is up before Amare, and putting him in a very likeable place like Phoenix might get him to resign when he might not in Toronto.

I do think Toronto should ask for a pick or some small piece in addition though.  Bosh > Amere, even if it is slight.

Throwing a pick in would work for Phoenix, since we know they won't want to pay the player they select anyways.

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 07:52:26 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Kerr should have stuck to broadcasting imo. He seems to run things like its a fantasy team.

Still Amare for Bosh would be interesting.

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Could he work a 3 way and trade Amare for Bosh and D'antoni?  Seriously, I would do this trade in a heartbeat if Toronto would bite.  As talented as he is, I kind of feel like Amare is a loser.  And as for Kerr, the roster is very talented on paper.  It seems like his worst move was hiring a coach that nobody likes.  I bet just getting rid of Amare would change the atmosphere a lot for that team.

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 09:41:36 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
"The Suns have begun exchanging trade proposals with teams for Amare Stoudemire, according to Yahoo! Sports"

I don't get it why would Steve Kerr trade Amare right now? He will get an equivalent return and he's the future of the franchise. Am I missing something here?

When the poison is in your bloodstream, you don't take time to shop for the doctor with the cheapest antidote.

Great analogy, I think you are right.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:16 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
How about Scal, TA, and Giddens for Stoudemire?
Sorry, someone had to say it. :o