Author Topic: Has Steve Kerr lost his mind.?  (Read 7624 times)

Has Steve Kerr lost his mind.?
« on: February 05, 2009, 02:26:39 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
"The Suns have begun exchanging trade proposals with teams for Amare Stoudemire, according to Yahoo! Sports"

I don't get it why would Steve Kerr trade Amare right now? He will get an equivalent return and he's the future of the franchise. Am I missing something here?

Re: Has Steve Kerr lost his mind.?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
"The Suns have begun exchanging trade proposals with teams for Amare Stoudemire, according to Yahoo! Sports"

I don't get it why would Steve Kerr trade Amare right now? He will get an equivalent return and he's the future of the franchise. Am I missing something here?

When the poison is in your bloodstream, you don't take time to shop for the doctor with the cheapest antidote.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 02:36:29 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

If he gets Bosh Phoenix is officially a threat in the playoffs. Shaq in the low post, Bosh High post. Richardson set to go off at any moment and Nash and Hill steadying the ship. Color me concerned if that happens.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

If he gets Bosh Phoenix is officially a threat in the playoffs. Shaq in the low post, Bosh High post. Richardson set to go off at any moment and Nash and Hill steadying the ship. Color me concerned if that happens.

You take Bosh over Amare though? Bosh is more finesse and has a better jump shot...

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 02:40:59 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

You take Bosh over Amare though?

Yes, he's more versatile and a better defender. also, he's a better fit in Phoenix. His skill set is a great compliment to Shaq's.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 02:43:45 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

You take Bosh over Amare though? Bosh is more finesse and has a better jump shot...

I would, even as much as I dislike Bosh's game.  Amare is too self-consumed to ever win in this league.  Kerr realizes he has a good roster, and Amare won't buy in.  To maximize his window, why not make the trade?  Both are young cornerstone type guys, and Bosh doesn't have the history of injuries.  Even with as little D as Bosh plays - its probably an upgrade over Amare's lackluster defensive effort.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 02:48:35 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
The thread title made me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK8vVk4_n2Q

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 02:48:47 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
My problem with what they are doing is Shaq isnt their future.  Amare can be. 

I realize with Nash getting older the window is closing (if it isnt already closed)...but I dont think you try and open it by losing your franchise player.  I realize there have been some issues with Amare, but I still think you try and build around him rather then shaq/nash.

and people are mentioning bosh, but if they get him and he leaves via FA, they have nothing.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I realize with Nash getting older the window is closing (if it isnt already closed)...but I dont think you try and open it by losing your franchise player.  I realize there have been some issues with Amare, but I still think you try and build around him rather then shaq/nash.

and people are mentioning bosh, but if they get him and he leaves via FA, they have nothing.

But Bosh is a franchise player also and could be their new future.  Who anybody would rather have is just a matter of preference and style of play.  I personally would prefer Bosh.  If Kerr doesn't like D'Antoni's style of play, then he'd obviously prefer Bosh over Amare also. 
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 03:15:26 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I think Bosh for Stoudemire is a win, win for both teams. Bosh's high post friendly game is what the Suns need to compliment Shaq. Toronto needs someone who can go inside and score consistently for their shooters to truly be affective on a nightly basis.

Bosh's offense is identical to a young KG's a lot of jump shots, fading away, and some face up. Amare's more aggressive, attack the basket approach is just what Toronto needs.

The only problem is I don't see Amare staying in Toronto when he has a choice. :P

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I agree with you. Shaq can't be THE vocal point of your offense. The man weighs 500lbs, can't jump, can't shoot, clogs the middle for Amare, too slow to defend, and is an attention Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. Amare has voiced his unhappiness & intentions to leave phoenix after his contract ends, so kerr will try to get something for him. Another horrible move by Kerr was firing D'antoni and hiring Terry Porter. People thought that Terry Porter would bring some Defense to Phoenix but statistically they are worse & their offensive production is down. Steve Kerr has officially destroyed their chance to win.

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If they can get Bosh for Amare, you do that deal.  Bosh would be even better with Nash running the show for him, and he's absolutely a franchise cornerstone.  Much less of a headcase than Amare.

From Toronto's perspective, if Bosh's people HAVE told Conangelo that he's not going to re-sign in 2010, Amare's probably their best-case in terms of return compensation for a trade.  It's a lot better than expiring contracts and draft picks.

If Phoenix cannot get someone like Bosh for Amare, they need to seriously think about where the team is going and who's untouchable (read: Nash).  Add Bosh to Nash/Shaq/Richardson, you're got a potent combo that should be able to play both uptempo and halfcourt, and MIGHT be improved enough on defense (maybe have to do another deal; Barbosa for a defender) to do something good in the playoffs.  Not better than the Spurs, not better than the Lakers, but good enough to get at least into the second round. 

If they can't get someone like Bosh, they need to think about blowing the whole [dang] thing up, because it's not working right now.  Nash still has trade value, if they can'r bring back another impact player for Amare they need to think about getting value for Nash while they can. 

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 04:13:31 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Amare has a bad attitude. He's not playing defense and he's bailing after 2010 anyways. They should deal him.

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Yes Kerr has lost his mind, eventually he is going to have no one left, he is addicted to trading. The Bosh-Amare trade is a good one for both teams, but Toronto may be hesitant to get back a player who is a malcontent.