Author Topic: Quest for G - Garnett, Bolt, Jeter Gatorade Commercial  (Read 13894 times)

Re: Quest for G - Garnett, Bolt, Jeter Gatorade Commercial
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
What a waste of time and money for Gatorade to put together this ad.  Hundreds of thousands are being laid off, people are losing their homes, and this stupid ad is posted, encouraging people to drink that garbage sugar water.  Get a life, people. And athletes.
Ummm....advertising employs people too.   ::)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:47:50 AM by RAcker »

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Yeah, exactly. It's a business, not a charity. If businesses stopped operating when times weren't good, things would be even worse. Who is anyone to tell Gatorade what to do?

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 12:31:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
What a waste of time and money for Gatorade to put together this ad.  Hundreds of thousands are being laid off, people are losing their homes, and this stupid ad is posted, encouraging people to drink that garbage sugar water.  Get a life, people. And athletes.

To paraphrase David Mamet, something that is worthwhile does not need millions of $$ to tell people to buy it.

Internet ****ography advertisement sites employ alot of people as well.  Guess that's good for the economy too, Mr. moderator.

My real point is that the ad seems extravagant, not funny at all, and is ill-timed during these hard times.  There is a national debate on how to spend more wisely, and I submit that it doesn't end with government spending. Businesses should be subject to criticism as well. I just think it is a dumb ad, and have expressed my opinion on it. 

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
Well who are you to judge their ad? I'm pretty sure they're wiser about the market and it's needs than you are. You can dislike the ad, but don't criticize them for making it during these "tough times". I'm sure Gatorade has had its own issues, but they don't have to stop their marketing process because of the economy.

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Well who are you to judge their ad? I'm pretty sure they're wiser about the market and it's needs than you are. You can dislike the ad, but don't criticize them for making it during these "tough times". I'm sure Gatorade has had its own issues, but they don't have to stop their marketing process because of the economy.

To answer your question, whom am I to judge their ad, I am a consumer. I am an American citizen.  And I am free to judge just about anything I please to judge.  I am just as free to judge their ad as pathetic, ill-timed, lacking humor, extravagant, and pointless, as you are free to tell me I have no standing to judge them on how they should spend their advertising budget.

It's a great country we live in!!

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 12:52:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I liked it!  The ending was a little disappointing, but I'm not sure what I was expecting.  Good Monty Python parody.

KG's Celtic/ medieval king getup was pretty sweet.
Yup

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 01:14:56 PM »

Offline 16Bannaz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 18

i'm so glad i don't have to take life so seriously that i can be enraged over a sports drink commercial. some people really need to lighten up

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

To paraphrase David Mamet, something that is worthwhile does not need millions of $$ to tell people to buy it.

Internet ****ography advertisement sites employ alot of people as well.  Guess that's good for the economy too, Mr. moderator.

My real point is that the ad seems extravagant, not funny at all, and is ill-timed during these hard times.  There is a national debate on how to spend more wisely, and I submit that it doesn't end with government spending. Businesses should be subject to criticism as well. I just think it is a dumb ad, and have expressed my opinion on it. 

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but bemoaning the fact that Gatorade is enticing people to spend money on their product during a recession has no merit.  If I don't have enough money to buy Gatorade because I'm unemployed, then I don't buy Gatorade.  It's not as though they're catering to that specific market. 

However, if I am unemployed, can't afford Gatorade, and then I see this ad and decide to take out a loan to, then I probably am too stupid to be employed.  I've got bigger problems than a harmless ad.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 01:51:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but bemoaning the fact that Gatorade is enticing people to spend money on their product during a recession has no merit.  If I don't have enough money to buy Gatorade because I'm unemployed, then I don't buy Gatorade.  It's not as though they're catering to that specific market. 

However, if I am unemployed, can't afford Gatorade, and then I see this ad and decide to take out a loan to, then I probably am too stupid to be employed.  I've got bigger problems than a harmless ad.

I'd love to be the lender looking at that loan proposal!  "uhhhh...I'm broke and jobless, but I saw this great ad for a new sort of Gatorade and I'm pretty sure it's going to change my life the better in every sort of way (not to mention quench my thirst)...so, ummmm, could I have a loan `n' stuff?"
Yup

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 04:15:13 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
Focus on the execs of bailed out companies trying to buy private jets, not Gatorade's marketing budget. They can do whatever they want. I don't get people who doing see this. It's American Business 101.

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166

That's a good point.  We should just stop advertising altogether because we're in a recession.  That way, we can stop encouraging people to buy things, and put more people out of work.  Totally level the playing field. 

Haha that was fantastic. TP

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2009, 02:41:31 PM »

Offline Actionjakson

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Bolt's pet ego is hilarious. All of the vids are funny.  I love all of the other Gatorade "G" commercials too. They are classic and inspirational
“We don't see ourselves as four All-Stars. We see ourselves as one unit. It's like five fingers on a hand. You can do more damage together as a fist than spread out flat.”
- Rasheed Wallace

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2009, 02:49:17 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

ME: I love how you want me to respect your opionion and then you take a giant dump on mine.  Listen here you David Mamet quoting, NPR listening, CNN watching, judgmental, self absorbed and intolerant Celtic blogger...if you feel so strongly about it, don't drink Gatorade. 

YOU: GASP! 

ME: Yes...yes...you can do that.  Just don't buy it. Don't drink it. It's okay.

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
Oh, and by the way, Footey, you don't have to buy lottery tickets either just because they are out there and advertised by state governments.  This is America and you do have choices.  I'm done now. 

Respectively yours,
Common Sense

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2009, 10:06:21 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Someone really compare Gatorade with adult material.... :o
 ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!