Author Topic: Clemens and Steroids  (Read 5569 times)

Clemens and Steroids
« on: February 03, 2009, 07:41:44 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39

Re: Clemens and Steroids
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:47:06 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think Clemens used steroids, but as legally competent evidence, I don't think this is going to hold up.  I think Clemens has admitted that his trainer injected him with certain shots like B12, etc., so if the syringes have Clemens' DNA on them, that's not a shocker.  If they're now found to contain steroids, as well, Clemens' attorneys will simply argue that the steroids were added after the fact.

Again, I think he's guilty, but this isn't as terrible for CLemens as it may sound.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think Clemens used steroids, but as legally competent evidence, I don't think this is going to hold up.  I think Clemens has admitted that his trainer injected him with certain shots like B12, etc., so if the syringes have Clemens' DNA on them, that's not a shocker.  If they're now found to contain steroids, as well, Clemens' attorneys will simply argue that the steroids were added after the fact.

Again, I think he's guilty, but this isn't as terrible for CLemens as it may sound.

Exactly, until they can find out what is in these syringes it doesn't matter.  I'm more interested in the Barry Bonds situation to be honest.  Whatever he took was legal in baseball when it happened.  I have no idea what's going to happen with him.
do it

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 06:24:46 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i hope he gets away with it. enough is enough already. i DON'T think it was that important that this anti drug message gets to kids the way they say but i'd say the message DID get across. wish they would move along now. i think it's twisted how some sox fans REALLY want clemens to be punished harshly.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 06:36:42 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I agree with Roy Hobbs.  In court, the needles aren't worth much.  There are serious chain of custody issues: McNamee had years to tamper with this "evidence".

Besides, it takes a wierdo to save a bag of bloody syringes and gauze pads for a decade.  That's the kind of thing an extortionist would do, or a guy trying to save his own butt from prosecution.