Author Topic: Jameer Nelson Injury  (Read 18011 times)

Re: Jameer Nelson Injury
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 11:39:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Geesh, they really are dropping like flies.  Bynum, Nelson, Paul, Deron Williams is out with some injury too...  I guess it's about that time of the season.  Hope the Cs are careful.

On a total sidenote, the Hornets are looking like they're starting to unravel.  If CP3 misses any time they'll be even worse.

Yeah, I guess James Posey really makes a big difference. No wonder our record is so worse this season than last. Oh wait, we have the same record....

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 12:00:42 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Well, I don't want to say "good" but he was probably the least deserving all-star, and I do hope he can't go for the game.

Williams and LeBron Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing will probably get Mo into the game, but who knows, could completely back fire, too. Hopefully Rondo is next in line after Nelson... but as long as it's not him, I'm fine.

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 12:04:20 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Geesh, they really are dropping like flies.  Bynum, Nelson, Paul, Deron Williams is out with some injury too...  I guess it's about that time of the season.  Hope the Cs are careful.

Guys,I don't want to bring bad luck but if you consider the past injuries as well(Cavs' injuries,etc), we are the only title contender whose key players are not hit by an injury! Pierce had some minor injuries but it was nothing important!!
I hope we will just get away with KG's flu, but I'm not sure...

Maybe we should pray a little more to God these days... ::)

Perk was out for a little bit.  Don't forget Scal being a key player being out ;D
No seriously you can't worry about possible injuries.  They happen and there no point dwelling on it.  

I think Orlando might fall back a little now from us, the Cavs, and the Lakers.   I could foresee the Spurs passing the Magic at some point.  The Spurs seem to be playing so well now.  

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 01:04:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nelson's injury is reported as a torn labrum and he will be out at least a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he is done for a lot longer than that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3881430

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 01:16:26 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Nelson's injury is reported as a torn labrum and he will be out at least a few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he is done for a lot longer than that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3881430

I'm not happy that he got injured, would never wish that on anyone, but I don't think he deserves to be an allstar anyway.  Having a good year, yes, but allstar worthy?  Naw.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Honestly, I think this opens the door for Ray Allen.  They don;t have to replace Nelson with a PG correct?  They just have to replace him with a guard

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Honestly, I think this opens the door for Ray Allen.  They don;t have to replace Nelson with a PG correct?  They just have to replace him with a guard

I'm not sure Stern has any restrictions on who he can pick, especially if Jameer was one of the wild card picks.  But it would make sense for him to pick Mo Williams.  It would give 2 reps from each of the top 3 teams.  I think Ray would enjoy the rest.  I know all-star appearances help towards HOF selections, but I think Ray is pretty much a given to get in, especially since he's got a ring now.

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 01:33:29 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
If theres a reason why I picked him as myh starting PG on CB draft, its is beacause I love how he run the PG, not necesarily fitted for every team but my kind of pg just loke andre miller on his prime
I always thought he had all star quality of course I am happy he get it, now i am sad he got injuried and i have double feelings about ray ray or rondo being in the game. Its always nice to have 3 celtics, it is better to rest?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
His loss will really hurt the Magic. I think they'll start to slide.

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 02:30:37 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
Really bad news. Now the Magic have no chance of roughing up Cleveland in the 2nd round.

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I don't know...  Tinsley's as big a cancer as Starbury.  Plus, he hasn't played in forever and has always had his own injury concerns. 

What about Kirk Hinrich?  Chicago wants to unload him still, don't they?  Mike Conley, too, might me interesting. 

They could also make a move for a backup-type, if they think Johnson can hold down the fort.  Earl Watson is available, and isn't Milwaukee looking to move one of their PGs? 

I wouldn't rule out Phoenix unloading Barbosa, either, since he's not a good fit for their new "system" (whatever the hell it is).  He's not a natural point, but he could help. 

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bummer for the Magic.   Nelson shouldn't have been an allstar though.

My comment after his selection was:  "This will probably be Nelson's one and only trip to the allstar game.   The guy is on a hot streak.  He's not an allstar."

With this potential season-ending injury, I'm even more confident in that statement.   He isn't an allstar.

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 03:23:19 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Hmm...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1024~45&teams=19~11&te=&cash=

Battie is essential to the Magic's hopes of winning in the playoffs.

They might be able to package up a bunch of short-term contracts, plus Redick and/or a 1st rounder. Indiana would probably take that kind of return for Tinsley.

This, for instance:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1995~3024~1913~1024&teams=11~11~11~19&te=&cash=

DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2009, 03:33:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
seriously the guy isn't an all-star.   Can anyone really make a definitive declaration that Jameer Nelson is significantly better than Delonte West?  One has career averages of 10.2 points, 3.8 assists, 3.1 rebounds, 1.1 steals on 44% shooting, 38% from three and 81% from the line.

The other has career averages of 12.3 points, 4.5 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal on 46% shooting, 39% from three, 80% fromthe line.

Both are capable players.  Nelson was shooting his head off (which reminds me of Delonte's hot streak from November 2005-Jan 2006).   But I honestly think Nelson could easily come off the bench for any number of teams (much like Delonte).   

Good player... not an all-star.  This was by far the best numbers he'd ever put up in his career and statistically there are 49 players in the league outproducing him. Usually he doesn't even crack the top 100.