Author Topic: What do you think about getting Marcus Camby.....  (Read 8619 times)

Re: What do you think about getting.....
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 01:17:33 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
how about a guy like collison from okc? or channing frye from portland? or gadzuric or haywood, etc., etc. etc. (...)

No to Gadzuric or Frye, meh to Collison.

How the heck is Haywood so underrated? Especially by Boston fans, who can certainly understand the value of a good defensive center.

Is Haywood even playing this year? I thought he was pretty much out for the season.

Yeah, he's been out and probably won't come back till the end of the season, but it's not the first time I see him mixed with guys like Gadzuric or people saying they prefer Collison or some other player to him.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 01:27:38 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
aaand what exactly do we trade for Mr. Camby?  I'm sure the Clips would be happy to have some combo of Veal, Tony Allen and a year's supply of Boston Baked Beans?

We could also throw in a couple kegs of Sam Adams, a few pounds of lobster and Lucky.

Is there even a Lucky anymore?

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 01:42:09 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
how about a guy like collison from okc? or channing frye from portland? or gadzuric or haywood, etc., etc. etc. (...)

No to Gadzuric or Frye, meh to Collison.

How the heck is Haywood so underrated? Especially by Boston fans, who can certainly understand the value of a good defensive center.

Is Haywood even playing this year? I thought he was pretty much out for the season.

He's done for the season.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I'd rather have Scot Pollard back. If healthy. He's big and plays smart. Tends to get under other bigs skin. Can hit that 10-12 foot jump sot.

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
aaand what exactly do we trade for Mr. Camby?  I'm sure the Clips would be happy to have some combo of Veal, Tony Allen and a year's supply of Boston Baked Beans?

We could also throw in a couple kegs of Sam Adams, a few pounds of lobster and Lucky.

Is there even a Lucky anymore?

haha the rights to a future lucky
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
MARCUS CAMBY!!

Since the Celtics are still in search of a big man to back up Perk and KG I think that Marcus Camby can be a strong asset that can contribute off the bench to help out with rebounding, length and shot-blocking (something that is missing at times with BBD and Powe)

He avg. 11.7 PPG, 13.2 RPG, and 2.2 BPG

What do you think of trading for or Camby? I know its a long shot with the amount of $$$$ he makes but the idea is a little worth disscussing right? He'll be more of a key component for playoff time too.
We might could get Bynum on the cheap right now.

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 11:14:59 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
MARCUS CAMBY!!

Since the Celtics are still in search of a big man to back up Perk and KG I think that Marcus Camby can be a strong asset that can contribute off the bench to help out with rebounding, length and shot-blocking (something that is missing at times with BBD and Powe)

He avg. 11.7 PPG, 13.2 RPG, and 2.2 BPG

What do you think of trading for or Camby? I know its a long shot with the amount of $$$$ he makes but the idea is a little worth disscussing right? He'll be more of a key component for playoff time too.
We might could get Bynum on the cheap right now.

yeah...maybe this spells the end of their season and they'll consider unloading pau or kobe in a fire-sale for next to nothing in return.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:57 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd rather have Scot Pollard back. If healthy. He's big and plays smart. Tends to get under other bigs skin. Can hit that 10-12 foot jump sot.
after last year collecting a full salary for basically no play, Pollard should pay the C's to play for them again. 

Pollard was ok in his limited minutes last year, not terrific.  even if he was available I don't think they'd waste the roster spot on him again.

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 11:59:38 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
That can't be true I've read here multiple times that Scott Pollard provided more to last years team than POB has to this years team.  Of course I remember him being hurt the whole year as well. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 12:20:11 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
That can't be true I've read here multiple times that Scott Pollard provided more to last years team than POB has to this years team.  Of course I remember him being hurt the whole year as well. 

While he was injured for much of last year, he still played in 22 games, and was part of the rotation for a good number of those.  POB has done nothing like that.

When healthy, Pollard is a decent backup center in this league.  Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to stay healthy for a while.

Re: What do you think about getting Marcus Camby.....
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:01 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I wouldn't mind Pollard. I remember he did a nice job against Dwight Howard the few minutes he got to play against him. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson