Author Topic: least favorite Celtic of all time  (Read 33801 times)

Re: least favorite Celtic of all time
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2009, 03:53:26 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Does anyone remember Chris Herren?

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2009, 03:54:32 PM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
Let's see... John Bagley was up there for me.  Couldn't stand him for some reason.

Blount for sure...
Potapenko annoyed me because A) he was awful B) he represented the pick that could have gotten the Celtics Andre Miller or Shawn Marion C) he represented the classic Pitino stupidity of signing him immediately to an absurd contract

Travis Knight/Andrew DeClerq combo... what's the best sub for a white stiff?  Another big white stiff

Marcus Banks... always complained about playing time, yet when he did get a chance he had ZERO clue as to what was going on out there.  It's still a shock (pleasantly) to me that the reason why Phoenix didn't (couldn't afford to) keep Rondo was because they signed this clown to a ridiculous contract.

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2009, 03:54:46 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

I feel bad for Chris Herren.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
Alla might have been a stiff on the court but off court he's a really good guy. I got to work with him last summer while he did his radio show on Sirius (Full Court Press), funny guy.
He's also a fan of old school hip hop  ;D

Alaa Abdelnaby?

Quoted for truth.

Alaa dated a friend of mine in college.  I went to college about an hour down the road from Duke so Alaa and a bunch of the Duke guys would come down (that way they could have a beer or two without everyone looking over their shoulder) and hang out.  They all were really cool guys.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67

I do.  He had one good play his entire career: picked Iverson's pocket at mid-court, in Philly, around the 2000 season.  Other than that, the only thing that stands out is some random halftime feature they did on him because he takes the T to the Garden to go to the games as a player.

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »

Offline mholt15

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
Tony Allen... hands down.

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
This century...Blount by a landslide

All time...no one has mentioned Xavier Mcdaniel....it was a disgrace that he ever wear a Celtic uniform!!!!

A p.s. though on McAdoodoo....we traded him to Detroit for 3 #1s....one of which we used as comp for signing ML and the other two went to Golden State for Parrish and the rights to McHale

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2009, 04:54:07 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Mark Blount, and it's not really close for me I just couldn't stand the dopey looking, useless piece of crud.

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2009, 05:00:14 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Travis Knight ranks up there, not so much for Travis, but for how anti-climactic the signing was.  The C's miss out on Duncan, but have the hot new coach Pitino ready to save the franchise.  Then they go and sign Travis Knight as "the big acquisition."  I can still remember it going across the bottom of ESPN's Bottom Line:

The Celtics acquire C (getting excited) Travis Knight (getting let down) for 7 years 22 million dollars (deflated). 

Good time with Pitino. 

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Sorry if I'm repeating everyone- I haven't read all the posts, but just off the top of my head-

S. Telfair
B McAdoo
Antoine
Dino Radja

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2009, 05:18:00 PM »

Offline chicagogreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 30
thats easy for me

Ron Mercer

knucklehead, all the athleticism and length and stroke you could want but too lazy and stupid to ever use his athleticism to get to his spots and stroke it -  the off balance J's killed me.  I couldn't even stand him on other teams, he would literally make me cringe.

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2009, 05:23:25 PM »

Offline chicagogreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 30
Let's see... John Bagley was up there for me.  Couldn't stand him for some reason.

Really, I loved Bags.  He might not have been the correct shape for you from an aesthetical level but he could play the point.

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2009, 05:29:10 PM »

Offline AustrianCeltic

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Jiri Welsch - How can a Czech make it to the NBA, let alone to my beloved Celtics, before the first Austrian?!?  :o

Seriously, it certainly is the Ricktator. What an incompetent show-off he was, that only left a pile of broken glass!!! Well, his only good legacy was drafting Paul Pierce, but it´s debatable whether the stupidity of the teams picking before us or even Chris Wallace played a greater role in this windfall.

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2009, 05:32:26 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59

Really, I loved Bags.  He might not have been the correct shape for you from an aesthetical level but he could play the point.

Absolutely, Bags was a really good point guard. Not the greatest player ever, but I thought he was kind of underappreciated.

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2009, 05:40:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Toss up between KG and Larry Bird. I can't stand slackers.