Author Topic: TA and Scals for Przybilla  (Read 7085 times)

TA and Scals for Przybilla
« on: January 29, 2009, 05:06:02 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This works on RealGM and with Oden playing so well, maybe the Blazers would consider this???

Thoughts??

Re: TA and Scals for Przybilla
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 05:07:40 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
No, they wouldn't consider this.  As much as I like what Scal has done for the C's this year, neither player would come close to cracking Portland's rotation, while Przybilla is the best (and that is not an exageration) backup Center in the league.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'd to that in a heartbeat, sadly I don't think Portland would bite.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:23:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
They might consider it with the Miles situation.

Re: TA and Scals for
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I don't really think that's a good trade for Boston. The way Scal is playing no way! Losing two players in our rotation for a big center with limited offense skills one POB is enough. How about TA 4 Przybilla if it's permissible?

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't really think that's a good trade for Boston. The way Scal is playing no way! Losing two players in our rotation for a big center with limited offense skills one POB is enough. How about TA 4 Przybilla if it's permissible?

That is a no brainer for the Celtics.  Unlike POB, he bring defense and toughness. 

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

That is a no brainer for the Celtics.  Unlike POB, he bring defense and toughness. 

Yeah he is good defender, but we already have BBD/Powe/KG playing very well. Signing a big vet with a mid-range shot that can also defend would be less riskier than losing Scal & TA at once. Don't know Who fits in that category besides Joe Smith?

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'd to that in a heartbeat, sadly I don't think Portland would bite.

yeah no way they go for this. joel is an excellent defensive big man paid a very fair wage -- look at what various bad centers are being paid these days.

they could certainly get more for him than two guys whose contracts don't expire until next year.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 05:41:50 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yeah he is good defender, but we already have BBD/Powe/KG playing very well. Signing a big vet with a mid-range shot that can also defend would be less riskier than losing Scal & TA at once. Don't know Who fits in that category besides Joe Smith?

I would take him over Smith any day.  With KG, Scali and (recently) Davis being able to hit jumpshots, not a big of need.

But another true C, that will make sure KG will never have to guard big C's, perfect.

Another true C able to step in a start if Perk was to have the shoulder injury in the playoffs, great (remember how much the Celtics missed him that one game against the Lakers)

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 05:47:31 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
They might consider it with the Miles situation.

Uh? Why? They would never consider this. Przybilla would start for plenty of teams in the league, why would they trade him for Tony Allen and Scalabrine? They wouldn't trade him for our entire bench.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 05:48:12 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

I would take him over Smith any day.  With KG, Scali and (recently) Davis being able to hit jumpshots, not a big of need.

But another true C, that will make sure KG will never have to guard big C's, perfect.

Another true C able to step in a start if Perk was to have the shoulder injury in the playoffs, great (remember how much the Celtics missed him that one game against the Lakers)

We all know Portland would laugh at that offer. But would you exclude Scal in that trade? That trade still won't work cause the salaries doesn't add up.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 05:49:20 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

We all know Portland would laugh at that offer. But would you exclude Scal in that trade? That trade still won't work cause the salaries doesn't add up.

Yeah send Scali. 

KG and Davis would have to handle the PF duties.  I think that will be enough.

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 06:21:20 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
This works on RealGM and with Oden playing so well, maybe the Blazers would consider this???

Thoughts??

2 Thoughts:
(1) Great trade for Boston
(2) Terrible trade for Portland
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Portland might part with a small guy, but not with Przybilla.

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 07:32:33 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Pritchard would have to blow at least a .20 to even consider this lopsided idea.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."