Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 42628 times)

Re: Dexter
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2010, 08:11:41 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
youre gonna love season 4 dude
Greg

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2010, 08:50:36 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Peter Weller better win an award.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2010, 12:51:17 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
It is weird that I almost hate starting a new episode of Dexter the last 2 seasons because he gets himself knee deep in so much crap is it just unfathomable to me that he gets out?

But..he always gets out, and in a way, I don't even look for plot holes or anything, because I'm so attached to the character that I'm just happy the ride isn't over.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 01:13:55 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Spoilers below
Is it weird that I'm a little disappointed in a season finale without a cliffhanger? If the series ended, it would be a good place. It won't because TV people are greedy, and showtime doesn't have anything Dexter's caliber on its roster, but if it did, it would be okay.

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I think this was the second weakest season after season 3. Simply not a Julia Stiles fan: she annoys me.

MCH is the man, though. He'll keep me watching. You need to be the best of the best of actors to pull Dexter off properly and he has just hit out out of the park.

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
You got to be kidding me with this show.  His sister (as a cop) doesn't even attempt to see who the killers are? Give me a break.  That defies any logical sense.  I like the show but, they really need to let it die with this past episode.  It's starting to resemble Weeds where a single mom of 2 who started out dealing dime bags has becomes a gangster who takes out the most evil of the Mexican drug cartel, using her serial killer teenage son as muscle.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I hated this season. It was worse than season 3 and the whole "it's a miracle we made it through all this" was pathetic. His sister let's him go WITHOUT wanting to know who the killers were? Just awful. After having their best season last year, this year was seriously disappointing.

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2010, 01:11:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
You got to be kidding me with this show.  His sister (as a cop) doesn't even attempt to see who the killers are? Give me a break.  That defies any logical sense.  I like the show but, they really need to let it die with this past episode.  It's starting to resemble Weeds where a single mom of 2 who started out dealing dime bags has becomes a gangster who takes out the most evil of the Mexican drug cartel, using her serial killer teenage son as muscle.

I'm glad someone else understands why I stopped watching Weeds 2 years ago.

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Like you guys, very disappointed in the last episode. The season as a whole wasn't really good either. Not as bad as season 3 but definitely far away from season 4 (the best in my opinion).

I was OK with Debra not wanting to know who the killers were, this scene was well done and logical from the characters' personalities standpoint. My problem however was that the whole season was basically made to let you think Debra was going to find out Dexter's true identity by the end of it or at least have big, big doubts about it and yet the finale is the definition of an anti-climax episode... it's almost like she has lesser concerns about Dexter's identity than when the season started!! ::)

The episode in itself was really well done however, but it's definitely a big deception for a finale, especially after all the false leads making us think the finale was going to be huge. It's clearly the worst finale of the entire series, and it's not even close.

I also thought some storylines were concluded too easily (like Quinn is totally cleared just because of the false blood identification... wait, the guy still had his fingerprints all over the van and got the audio and video surveillance equipment at his name!, and also Deb is known as the "barrels case" solver while she didn't find the killers and not even Jordan's body... what the hell?!).

I did like however how Dexter reacted to Lumen's departure and the fact that he feels more alone than ever. It looks like he will be more like "season 1 Dexter" from now on and it's a good thing.

I must admit I have no idea whatsoever of what season 6 is going to look like (I guess the Quinn/Dexter relation may be interesting), but I certainly hope it will be better than season 5, especially by making huge leaps in the principal storyline (Dexter getting caught or at least "busted" by his sister)...

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2010, 01:52:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Like you guys, very disappointed in the last episode. The season as a whole wasn't really good either. Not as bad as season 3 but definitely far away from season 4 (the best in my opinion).

I was OK with Debra not wanting to know who the killers were, this scene was well done and logical from the characters' personalities standpoint. My problem however was that the whole season was basically made to let you think Debra was going to find out Dexter's true identity by the end of it or at least have big, big doubts about it and yet the finale is the definition of an anti-climax episode... it's almost like she has lesser concerns about Dexter's identity than when the season started!! ::)

The episode in itself was really well done however, but it's definitely a big deception for a finale, especially after all the false leads making us think the finale was going to be huge. It's clearly the worst finale of the entire series, and it's not even close.

I also thought some storylines were concluded too easily (like Quinn is totally cleared just because of the false blood identification... wait, the guy still had his fingerprints all over the van and got the audio and video surveillance equipment at his name!, and also Deb is known as the "barrels case" solver while she didn't find the killers and not even Jordan's body... what the hell?!).

I did like however how Dexter reacted to Lumen's departure and the fact that he feels more alone than ever. It looks like he will be more like "season 1 Dexter" from now on and it's a good thing.

I must admit I have no idea whatsoever of what season 6 is going to look like (I guess the Quinn/Dexter relation may be interesting), but I certainly hope it will be better than season 5, especially by making huge leaps in the principal storyline (Dexter getting caught or at least "busted" by his sister)...
Let's not forget the fact that Dexter's phone number can be found on Chase's phone records after he had a stake and investigate order put out for him. Yet no one question's this?

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2010, 02:21:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Let's not forget the fact that Dexter's phone number can be found on Chase's phone records after he had a stake and investigate order put out for him. Yet no one question's this?

Called from Lumen's phone.

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
His sister let's him go WITHOUT wanting to know who the killers were? Just awful.

Yea, I was going to defend this at first from a writers'/directors' perspective, but she easily could've opened the curtain and had that same conversation with them and let them go.

It is an interesting dilemma. The fact that they did allude to the fact that Deb was probably going to find out and everyone assumed that, was a great reason to NOT do that, but it just felt like a mostly sideways season.

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

sweet

finished season 3

the killoff was pretty ununspired

is John Lithgow in season 4?  That's gotta be good.
Yup

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

sweet

finished season 3

the killoff was pretty ununspired

is John Lithgow in season 4?  That's gotta be good.

Yeah John Lithgow is in season 4, and he did a tremendous job.
Greg

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2010, 08:16:11 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
*SPOILERS*

Yeah Like you guys I was pretty disappointed in the finale.  Right after the whole curtain scene with Deb ended I yelled out, LAME!!!  To be honest though, I wasnt too upset with it at the time though because I really thought we were gonna be left with a cliffhanger about how Quinns situation was gonna shake out, and that was gonna be the dominant storyline going into the next season.  Like Drucci said, theres so many factors surrounding Quinns involvement in Liddys murders that it cant be just dropped like that.

It's almost seems like they started shooting that season heading in a certain direction and they backed off of it at the end.
Greg