Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 42656 times)

Re: Dexter
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Just watched season 1, episode 1

I'm ready to see more.

That was an excellent first show.
Yup

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2010, 11:21:54 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
You should watch all episodes. This show is definitely worth it.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I liked episode 5x06, the tension was at its peek at some point!

Quote from: spoilers
Although I was a bit disappointed by the resolution of the scene. The idea was good but it looked unrealistic because on one shot you see Debra and Masuka one step away from Dexter and then on the next scene he has had time to put the two bodies together and get back from the scene to make it look "natural"...

Anyway I liked Lumen's development. Now I'm pretty sure all the tension and drama will only "explode" in the last two episodes, Quinn won't spot Dexter until then (or maybe he will but he won't catch him before these episodes). And I'm also convinced Dexter's true nature will be revealead to one of the main characters at the end of the season... I'm going with Debra!

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Looks like he's going to have some very serious problems very soon.

BTW, Good call Drucci TP, the reveal didn't take long.

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2010, 05:40:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I'm in the middle of season 2...
Yup

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson

Enjoy it, because season 3 is a bit of a chore to watch.... Or maybe its just me. 

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2010, 07:06:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Enjoy it, because season 3 is a bit of a chore to watch.... Or maybe its just me. 

I looked it up earlier.  Netflix has seasons 1 & 2 available for Instant Watch, but the rest you need to queue up for hard copies.  The season 3 cover has Dexter looking a little too stylish or something.  Did he get a perm?
Yup

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2010, 07:27:06 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

I looked it up earlier.  Netflix has seasons 1 & 2 available for Instant Watch, but the rest you need to queue up for hard copies.  The season 3 cover has Dexter looking a little too stylish or something.  Did he get a perm?

I just got Netflix, and just started watching Dexter streaming through the PS3.  Only 4 episodes in but I like it so far.

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »

Offline Bring Back Antoine

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'm on term abroad in Prague right now, literally I got everyone else over here hooked on this show, it's one of the best I've seen

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 08:59:17 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson

Lol, I don't think so, Atleast not in the season. It's just season 3 introduces one very annoying character that I got very tired of quickly. It's a good season, but a few levels below the others (season 4 is the best... so far).

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Another great episode!!!  This seasons getting really good.  Dont wanna spoil anything but man, these last 3 shows are gonna be good.  Someone's gotta find out something, right?!?
Greg

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2010, 05:06:23 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Another great episode!!!  This seasons getting really good.  Dont wanna spoil anything but man, these last 3 shows are gonna be good.  Someone's gotta find out something, right?!?

I thought the last episodes were kind of boring in the sense that the story didn't really involve and there were too many "couples scenes".

But I do agree that episode 08 and especially last night's episode were really great, things are falling in place (or out of place for Dexter) and it looks like the finale will be awesome. I'm convinced now that there is no way Debra doesn't find out the truth about Dexter at the end of the season!

Can't wait for the next episode.

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Episode 11 was great! Laying the ground for the season finale which promises to be awesome...

Quote from: spoilers
Quinn will probably face a big dilemma once he finds out who Dexter really is (and he will thanks to the blood spatter on his boots) : do his job as a cop or hide the truth so he can "keep" Debra?

Also, I think she will find out the truth about Dexter or have some very serious doubts about him at the end of the finale.

I was surprised how "easily" Liddy died but it was well done.
[/color]

Can't wait for the season finale!!

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Drucci-

Spoilers.......

Quinns definitely going to know it was Dexter.  Liddy told Quinn he was going to bust Dexter, then he turns up dead.  Quinn also has pictures taken by Liddy of Dex and Lumen throwing the trash bags into the Ocean.....and they also kind of tipped you off on the previews for the finale when they're all at the crime scene and someone speculates what might have happened to Liddy and Dexter responds with a comment like "or maybe he was sticking his nose where it didnt belong" looking right at Quinn while he was saying it.

My personal prediction is, Quinn ends up doing nothing to Dexter, because after Dexter has now destroyed all video/audio surveillance Liddy took, all Quinn has left is circumstantial evidence.  Not to mention that Dexters house was bugged with equipment signed out in his name, that there was no court order or search warrant for.  So Quinn wont want to risk his job and his relationship with Debra over this Dexter theory that hes already gotten in trouble for.

I think Dexter tracks down Lumen and ends up having a big struggle with Jordan Chase.  Quinn and Debra finally locate Chase, they walk in right when Chase is about to kill Dexter.  Quinn shoots Chase and saves Dexter.  This way, Dexter will back off any anger he has about Quinn over spying on him.  Quinn will have saved Dexter and will be back in Debras good graces and they can have a relationship.  While Dexter explains to Debra that Jordan Chase was trying to make his friend Lumen the next barrel girl and he was trying to save her. Thats my theory.

I just cant see Debra finding out about the serial killer in Dexter and the show being able to go on. 

It's gonna be a great finale though, I'm psyched for it, and I'm glad theyre not showing a repeat next week and making us wait two weeks to see it.
Greg

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
midway through season 3

It is a little too lovey dovey, but I'm hooked!

Was whistling this on and off all day today (the dramatic soundtrack)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCGZ131B1ug&feature=player_embedded#!
Yup