Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 42654 times)

Re: Dexter
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
Maybe they show how her being murdered actually went down. Her murder may have very little to do with Season 5

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Maybe they show how her being murdered actually went down. Her murder may have very little to do with Season 5

That's a good possibility. She could just be back for the funeral maybe...no speaking lines.

That would be rather lame though.

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
hmmmm never been crazy about her. 10 out of 12 episodes is a pretty significant role. Won't stop me from watching though. I can't wait for the new season. and Weeds too!

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2010, 10:37:38 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've always liked her myself.

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 08:37:13 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
She might be the new antagonist?

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 10:53:17 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Not a word on the Season 5 premiere? :o

I watched it today and I really liked it, great start for the new season. It revolves more around the character's reactions to what happened at the end of season 4, and it shows how dephased Dexter is with the rest of society, which was a recurring theme in the first seasons but got kind of "lost" in the 4th I think.

A very moving episode and some great scenes

Quote from: spoilers
I loved the irony of the scenes where the coroner gives kleenex to Dexter, who seems unaffected by his wife's death, or the one where he announces Rita's death to her kids with his Mickey Mouse's ears on. :P

And the scene where he really let his emotions control him and murders a guy savagely is really "touching".

Can't wait for the next episode!

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 11:23:04 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This is a great show. I find myself getting more attached to the characters than I have on other shows. The ending to last season made me sad and the last episode was also pretty sad.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 09:36:51 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
     I really think this series ends with Dexter either dead or in jail. I don't think it will be a happy ending for him. But I think it will be an amazing ending. Great show.

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Episode 3 aired last night and it was great! Really, I love the humor of the show, the cynism of it, and Masuka's lines (always hilarious). Plus, this season is getting really stressful, and Dexter's imprudence is catching up to him. The cliffhanger at the end of the episode is just great, can't wait for next week!

I was surprised the "dead animal" serial killer only lasted two episodes because at first I thought he was going to last the entire season but I was wrong. I loved Masuka's line about the "lance", and Dexter's "natural born griller" apron :D The scenes at he hospital, when he and the killer are staring off constantly is pretty funny too.

I really wonder how Dexter is going to get out of the mess he got in when his murder was witnessed by the captive girl, though. Looks like a really tough situation to get out since he can't kill her and he can't keep her "out" either... Plus, Quinn is getting dangerously close to identifying him as Kyle Butler.

I'm amazed at how great the show still is after 5 seasons!

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Michael C. Hall is such a great actor. Both Six Feet Under and Dexter are on my short list of great shows and he nailed perfectly both so different characters.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2010, 06:04:09 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
     I think Dex is eventually going down. The drama of his sister finding out is just too intense to pass up, I think. He's such a likeable character but the LAST time Deb was gonna find out it  was sooooo suspenseful but then Dex had the change of heart which I thought just did'nt really ring true for me and I thought it led to Season 3 which was almost a throw away season if you ask me(even though i thoroughly enjoyed every single episode).
     Is this where the show is headed eventually? Deb is the only thing that keeps Dex human.If Deb thought differently about Dex I think he'd either off himself or become a serial killer that WANTS to get caught,toying with the police, dropping clues etc. 

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
I wish I had the willpower to hold off watching so I could watch the entire season but it's just too good. I can't help myself.

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 03:54:59 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
Episode 4x05 was good too, although less captivating than the previous one in my opinion.

I liked how

Dexter took care of the girl he saved and managed to "socialize" with her, although his imprudence almost cost him his cover and could have "destroyed" him. The fact that Boyd had accomplices is a nice cliffhanger and it will be interesting to see how Dexter manages to keep the girl quiet (it looks like he got his confidence but he can't really trust her) and take care of the other rapists...

I was kind of disappointed by Quinn's investigation though, it looks like it's going backwards. He now is almost certain that Butler is Dexter but he is suspende and probably won't be able to advance in his researches. Too bad, I must admit I'm really looking forward to the Quinn/Dexter face to face. Plus I really don't see how Dexter can get out of it this time, he looks "cooked"!

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 04:13:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I watched this for the first time the other night while staying at a place that had Showtime. Not sure where the episode was in the big scheme of things (he killed the roadkill cleanup dude).  I liked it.  Or I guess I should say I liked him, but I thought the whole FBI crew was pretty hokey.  I found myself tuning out for the scenes when Dexter was not on screen.

I'm not certain that I'm ready to pony up for the premium channels to see this, but it was decent.  Michael C. Hall was excellent in 6 Feet Under too.  Solid actor.
Yup