Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 42631 times)

Re: Dexter
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2013, 04:36:14 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
First episode was laughably awful.

They should've ended the show with season 4.

season 4 ?? too early. season 7 should have been the last one
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2013, 05:23:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
First episode was laughably awful.

They should've ended the show with season 4.

season 4 ?? too early. season 7 should have been the last one

Gotta disagree there. The ending of season four provides a perfect finale to the whole idea of the character, the world he was inhabiting, and the original thematic premise of the show in the first place.

Not that I think the show was consistently good to begin with, but everything past 4 has been a mess. That's when they lost their first head writer and their showrunner (imagine losing Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge after the 2010 season, and you'll get a pretty good analogy of what went down creatively on that show). The next guy only lasted a season--rightfully so, as 5 was bottom-of-the-barrel bad. 6 was similarly awful, and 7 gets a pass because it was only marginally meh and didn't spin the tires on the story arc for the main characters. Still didn't reach the heights of 1,2, or 4 (season 3 is far and away the weakest of those).
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2013, 11:07:16 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2013, 01:56:27 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Everything after season 4 was a disappointment, but I had to see it through.

Good night, Sweet Prince.

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2013, 12:15:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just a God awful last season.

« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2013, 01:23:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wife and I had to force our way through most of Season 2 and 3, and wound up quitting after the (much better) Season 4.  Reading reviews about the last few seasons and finale makes it sound like we made the right choice. 

Show just seemed like too few ideas, too much ridiculous plotting, and too much of a crush on Dexter to add any actual depth to what could've been a fascinating topic.

/a lumberjack?

« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
The original writers were not around the past few seasons....and it showed.....ridiculous, nonsense plots, with so many idiotic holes....But I still watched, cause we were hooked on the characters.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
everything was just so stupid.  As as much as I loved this show, towards the end of this season I was forcing myself to watch it just for the sake of watching the last season.

I knew the ending was going to be stupid just bc all the signs we're leading to a disappointing finish but it just seems like every loose end they tried to tie up in this final episode left me saying 'really?'

youre gonna disconnect a life support machine and no one notices?  really?

oh youre going to just take a dead body out of the hospital and load it on a boat? no one cares or notices? really?

youre gonna kill an untried suspect who killed your sister in an interrogation room and everyones just gonna be cool with you leaving the country afterward.  no investigation? no internal affairs? really?

youre gonna stab a man in the leg with a syringe in the middle of a crowded quiet bus and no ones gonna notice? really?

and finally, a lumberjack? ??? really??  why not just get another job as a blood spatter analyst in another part of the country, or in another country?  It's a pretty low profile job, it's not like Aaron Rodgers getting killed off and then suddenly reappearing in the CFL throwing bombs.

ugh.  sorry for the long post, just venting.  luckily breaking bad is doing a wonderful job with their ending.
Greg