Author Topic: Should I go to the Cavs game (March 7) or the Heat game (in Miami on March 11)  (Read 5058 times)

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Before you answer "Cavs no brainer!" I have a few things you should take into consideration.

1. I will probably end up sitting in awful seats for the Cavs game in Boston due to the outrageous ticket prices and will not be able to move closer to the court at any point during the game.

2. I am in Florida (Naples area) for spring break to see Red Sox Spring Training during the week of the Celtics @ Miami game.  It's only a 2 hour drive from where I'm at to American Airlines Arena in Miami and the Red Sox have an off day that day and do not play at home in Ft. Myers the next day. So I won't be missing any Sox games.

3. I am guessing I will be able to move closer to the court at some point during the Heat game in Miami AND will spend less for better tickets.

What should I do?

???

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'd say do the Miami game.

Sounds like you could have yourself quite the nice Spring Break going with the Sox and Celts. 

Judging by the crowd at the last Heat-Celtics game, you shouldn't have any problem getting real close to the court. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Both!

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Before you answer "Cavs no brainer!" I have a few things you should take into consideration.

1. I will probably end up sitting in awful seats for the Cavs game in Boston due to the outrageous ticket prices and will not be able to move closer to the court at any point during the game.

2. I am in Florida (Naples area) for spring break to see Red Sox Spring Training during the week of the Celtics @ Miami game.  It's only a 2 hour drive from where I'm at to American Airlines Arena in Miami and the Red Sox have an off day that day and do not play at home in Ft. Myers the next day. So I won't be missing any Sox games.

3. I am guessing I will be able to move closer to the court at some point during the Heat game in Miami AND will spend less for better tickets.

What should I do?

???

I'm a quality over quantity guy, Cav's no brainer.  You can't miss that matchtup, which is building by the day into the only legitimate rivalry in the east (Sorry, not buying the Magic at all).  One last thought, if the Cavs knock us out, we're all going to have to look within ourselves to decide who we want to win it all more: Kobe or LeBron...kill me now.  For the sake of all that is holy, this cannot happen...

On the flipside, I'm 50/50 to watch a Celtics/Heat game on tv as it is...

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla

What should I do?

???

I'm a quality over quantity guy, Cav's no brainer.  You can't miss that matchtup, which is building by the day into the only legitimate rivalry in the east (Sorry, not buying the Magic at all).  One last thought, if the Cavs knock us out, we're all going to have to look within ourselves to decide who we want to win it all more: Kobe or LeBron...kill me now.  For the sake of all that is holy, this cannot happen...

I'm usually quality over quantity too.  But I've also been thinking to myself "When's the next time I'll get to see a Celtics road game?"  (This is my last year in college, no more spring breaks for me) 

I'm also taking into consideration the high ticket prices and terrible seats and how that will dimimish the quality of my game experience, haha.  Sure it'll be a great atmosphere, great opponent... but it'll be like watching ants from where I'm likely to be sitting.

I can always go to a Celtics/Cavs Celtics/Lakers game next year.

That's my argument/rationalization for seeing the Heat game instead of the Cavs game.

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Quote from:  rrc589link=topic=25188.msg413985#msg413985 date=1233178972

I'm usually quality over quantity too.  But I've also been thinking to myself "When's the next time I'll get to see a Celtics road game?"  (This is my last year in college, no more spring breaks for me) 

I'm also taking into consideration the high ticket prices and terrible seats and how that will dimimish the quality of my game experience, haha.  Sure it'll be a great atmosphere, great opponent... but it'll be like watching ants from where I'm likely to be sitting.

That's my argument/rationalization for seeing the Heat game instead of the Cavs game.

Hey, there's no wrong way to be a fan, only you can decide which one you'll enjoy more.  I think you've lost your marbles though...

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
Quote from:  rrc589link=topic=25188.msg413985#msg413985 date=1233178972

Hey, there's no wrong way to be a fan, only you can decide which one you'll enjoy more.  I think you've lost your marbles though...

Yea . . . I'm being way too overanalytical, I know.  8)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:31:34 PM by rrc589 »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

What should I do?

???

But this is a Celtics/Cavs regular season game.  It will likely be a good game, but probably not anything super special.  Really how many memorable regular season games are there?  (Of course I say that now and it will probably end up being something historic).

This is a tough one (because I too would love to see the Celtics/Cavs game live), but I think I would choose to add another notch on my NBA arena belt.  It's always cool to say you've been to a lot of arenas.

Personally, I've seen the C's play in

Boston
New York
New Jersey
Dallas
Utah
Toronto

And I've also seen non Celtics games in

Denver
San Antonio
Indiana

I want to see the C's play in every city I can, I think I would take the Miami game just to add to my list personally.

On a side not, it's killing me that I just missed out on a trip to visit a friend who lives in Florida, 2 hours away from Miami, about 2-3 from Orlando. I would of gone down for the back-to-back Miami and Orlando games last week.  Now that would have been a nice little trip.  I'm also working on a business trip to Chicago in mid-March where I'll get to go to the Milwaukee/Boston game on 3/15 and the Chicago/Boston game on 3/17, we'll see if I can pull that one off.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:47:51 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
@ bdm860

Yea I was really set on the Cavs game a week ago just because they're such a high quality team. But after giving it some thought I started to lean the Miami route, and I'm still leaning that way now.

That sucks that you couldn't get down to FL for the Orlando/Miami trip!  The Milwaukee/Chicago games should be alright though if you can get that worked out.

Offline Ian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 61
i've sat in the absolutely worst seats in the Garden with my back to the wall and behind the hoop and i still say that i'd rather see the Cavs from there than the Heat from court side in Miami. you're gonna remember the game, not the seats.

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I'd go to Miami; it's pretty nice in early March.  ;D  Plus, you can hit the beach before the game, and the South Beach night life scene after--the stadium is convenient.  I did that when the Heat were playing Milwaukee when Ray Allen was there, an eternity ago.

I got "the best tickets available" at the box office before the game, and was deep in a corner in the lower bowl: so, I'd take the time/$ to go through a ticket agency.

My 2 cents.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

What should I do?

???

But this is a Celtics/Cavs regular season game.  It will likely be a good game, but probably not anything super special.  Really how many memorable regular season games are there?  (Of course I say that now and it will probably end up being something historic).

This is a tough one (because I too would love to see the Celtics/Cavs game live), but I think I would choose to add another notch on my NBA arena belt.  It's always cool to say you've been to a lot of arenas.

:-\ Um, I may have given you some bad advice on this one.  That was a pretty good game.  Atmosphere seemed awesome.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class