Author Topic: Gary Payton is a scumbag.  (Read 17351 times)

Re: Gary Payton is a scumbag.
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Payton isnt even listening to what any of them are saying, while theyre talking hes already thinking of how hes going to come back.

That last clip was priceless.  He sat there for 3 minutes and tried to argue that Al Jefferson should start over Tim Duncan because hes playing better, and Ernie puts him on the spot and asks him who he wants on his team and not only does GP say Tim Duncan but he says Tim Duncan because hes a better player.....What an Idiot

Not only that, but GP says "Tim Duncan is a better player", and then when Kenny says "You just said he was a better player" GP says "NO I DID NOT SAY HE WAS BETTER PLAYER!"

Sometimes you can get away with contradicting yourself and not sound like a complete moron, but he did it IMMEDIATELY. Lke 3 seconds after. Unbelievable. He has no idea what he's saying, he knows that he's beat, but he can't give it up because then he loses.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2009, 12:08:02 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I really liked webber's outburst about Googs. But then Payton tried it with John Stockton, and you know what GP? John Stockton hold the record for most career assists and steals. Tom Gugiliata was simply an above average player. Man watchin GP is annoying.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2009, 03:04:53 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
But are you guys listening to what GP's argument is?

When you think of All-Star, don't you think of the "best players" or "better seasons"?

Why does winning have to play a roll?

The All-Star game is pure entertainment and has no consequence on playoffs or the NBA title....winning should be disregarded.

I think Chris Bosh is having more of an All-Star season than Kevin Garnett.

I think Al Jefferson is having more of an All-Star season than Yao Ming.

That doesn't mean KG or Yao Ming are not deserving of their AS selections.

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2009, 03:20:48 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

When you think of All-Star, don't you think of the "best players" or "better seasons"?

The All-Star game is pure entertainment and has no consequence on playoffs or the NBA title....winning should be disregarded.

One word: Defense. It is really annoying how this is often forgotten everything is always based on offense and yet defense is why teams win championships. This is not an individual sport so I think team play should come into it. This is why the teams that that they are playing on are usually not that good. The voters got it right when they voted in KG. But I do agree it is mostly a popularity contest.

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

I think Chris Bosh is having more of an All-Star season than Kevin Garnett from the perspective of fantasy league players.

I think Al Jefferson is having more of an All-Star season than Yao Ming from the perspective of fantasy league players.

Fixed.

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2009, 08:57:24 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Winning can't be the sole factor in choosing the all-star players, but it should play a role.  I'm sorry, but Chris Bosh does not deserve to start in the all-star game over Kevin Garnett.  No way.  The Raptors were a trendy pick to challenge the Celtics in the Atlantic, or at least to challenge for home court in the first round of the playoffs.  But instead, they're last in the division, and just from the games against the Celtics you can see what Bosh's problem is.  He may put up some good numbers, but once crunch time comes, he disappears.

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2009, 09:12:32 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

I think Chris Bosh is having more of an All-Star season than Kevin Garnett from the perspective of fantasy league players.

I think Al Jefferson is having more of an All-Star season than Yao Ming from the perspective of fantasy league players.

Fixed.

Exactly thanks.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Winning can't be the sole factor in choosing the all-star players, but it should play a role.  I'm sorry, but Chris Bosh does not deserve to start in the all-star game over Kevin Garnett.  No way.  The Raptors were a trendy pick to challenge the Celtics in the Atlantic, or at least to challenge for home court in the first round of the playoffs.  But instead, they're last in the division, and just from the games against the Celtics you can see what Bosh's problem is.  He may put up some good numbers, but once crunch time comes, he disappears.

Agreed.  GP's idea of an all-star, purely based on stats, not any other outside factors is retarded.  So here's a question?  Let's say the Cavs were complete trash this year, one of the worst 5 teams in the league, except LeBron is still putting up his current numbers...27.9 ppg, 7.50 rpg, 7.0 apg, 2.0 spg, +30.53 EFF rating.  Should he be an AS?  Statistically, GP would say yes...If you disagree, who would you put in his place? 

As I said in an earlier post: obviously, stats need to count, but what about your effect on the team's overall performance, etc? LeBron would put butts in the seats, and ultimately that's all the marketing/business aspect of the league really cares about, but I definitely would put someone in his place that was average 3-5 ppg less, 1-2 assists less, etc. 

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
The only nice celtic jersey (letters and numbers stitched) i own is a payton jersey. I used to enjoy him when he played for us his incessant talking and bizzare behavior was comical and entertaining when the team on the floor was sub par at best. But after watching him turn his back on the team who welcomed him in to all the tradition and history with open arms ive lost all respect for the guy. In fact i think im gonna either burn my payton jersey and put it on youtube or bring it to the game with a big X over it. He just sounds like a sour pathetic litttle loser. Hes whining like a little kid because hes jealous of Rondo. Im actually emberassed for him.

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2009, 11:12:40 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
The only nice celtic jersey (letters and numbers stitched) i own is a payton jersey. I used to enjoy him when he played for us his incessant talking and bizzare behavior was comical and entertaining when the team on the floor was sub par at best. But after watching him turn his back on the team who welcomed him in to all the tradition and history with open arms ive lost all respect for the guy. In fact i think im gonna either burn my payton jersey and put it on youtube or bring it to the game with a big X over it. He just sounds like a sour pathetic litttle loser. Hes whining like a little kid because hes jealous of Rondo. Im actually emberassed for him.

i would watch that on youtube ;D

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

I understand the arguement that winning shouldnt have that much to do with it as far as being an All Star goes, but I think the main point is Why Should Garnett be punished because he shares the ball?  He plays team ball with two, maybe 3 other all star caliber players.  How could you not argue that KG could go to Toronto and be 'the man' and put up similar numbers to Bosh.

The Celts won the title last year without a player averaging over 20 points a game, you cant punish the players for being unselfish.
Greg

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2009, 08:22:41 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. gary payton, Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. him Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. him Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. him

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The All-Star game is more about "fantasy".

It's the collection of the best players ( or best season) in each conference.

No player has been picked as an All-Star because he could just play defense. In an All-Star game, defense shouldn't matter because it has no place in an exhibition game.

The problem with the way the league chooses All-Stars is that it lets the wrong people choose who to go.

Fan Voting is a joke....and assistant coaches making selections is unethical. (Don't tell me there isn't any form of collusion or "you scratch my guy and I scratch your guy").

The league should allow players to select the All-Stars or go purely based on the numbers and what constitutes a All-Star worthy statistical season.

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
watching tnt at halftime of the cavs/magic, and the poll question is who is the best team in the east, cavs/magic/celtics, everyone yells out cavs with alot of confidence, except kenny, who says the magic...
Umm...am I missing something here?  :o ::)

celtics get 0 respect, what was it a fluke they won it all last year and have more wins than any team in the league this year? ::)  punks...or is it because our big 3 are "old" and we have no james posey? ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:40:34 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
so what? san antonio was not seeded first all the years they've won championships... and they still knocked out the hornets last year.

Become Legendary.