Author Topic: Gary Payton is a scumbag.  (Read 17330 times)

Re: Gary Payton is a scumbag.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Huh? Payton got more hype then rondo ever has and probably ever will, and those sonics teams did not suck

the early ones? yea they did. he went on a whole rant on this on all star night, about how it's horse poop to give guys points for W/L recoreds when he was always, and im quoting, "a great player on a bad team at points, but i only made the all star game wehn we were good"

The only all-star game he missed between the ages of 25 and 34 was a year where he only played 50 games. I don't think he has much of a complaint about getting overlooked.

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 05:17:30 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
He seems to have some an irrational bitterness for the Celtics which I wouldn't mind if he made meaningful contributions. Like someone said he never has a coherent argument.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Its funny he mentions towel wavers when he got his ring as a back-up, towel waving reserve.

As for not getting respect, he was an all-star from 94 on, when the Sonics had good teams. When exactly was he overlooked? Name the year, Gary.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 05:35:25 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I don't think GP is actually that dumb.  I think he's intentionally going the Stephen A. Smith route and saying what he thinks will get the biggest reaction.  And it's working.  If he's getting noticed it's going to create buzz and people will want to see him.  I hated watching him at first, but now I actually want to see what he's going to say next.  He's like the Ric Flair of commentators.  Whoo!

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Huh? Payton got more hype then rondo ever has and probably ever will, and those sonics teams did not suck

the early ones? yea they did. he went on a whole rant on this on all star night, about how it's horse poop to give guys points for W/L recoreds when he was always, and im quoting, "a great player on a bad team at points, but i only made the all star game wehn we were good"

The only all-star game he missed between the ages of 25 and 34 was a year where he only played 50 games. I don't think he has much of a complaint about getting overlooked.

I dont either, im just saying i think the main thing he dislikes about rajon, considered a defensive speclist PG (DISCLAIMER: i am in no way saying rondo is in GP's league as a player, he isn't and won't be. much like barkley, GP may be a knucklehead with a mic, but when he was a player, he was great) is getting talked up as the next big defensive PG at 22, and that early all star buzz, couple'd with his position and team, ticks payton off.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 05:50:24 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Payton is entitled to his opinion.  He just isn't coming across as very bright, espcially in contrast to Sir Charles.

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't think Sir Charles comes across as being very bright. Barkley's forte consists of incomplete statements, obnoxious jokes, bullying, and sobs of racism. is that what classifies as being intelligent?

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't think GP is actually that dumb.  I think he's intentionally going the Stephen A. Smith route and saying what he thinks will get the biggest reaction.  And it's working.  If he's getting noticed it's going to create buzz and people will want to see him.  I hated watching him at first, but now I actually want to see what he's going to say next.  He's like the Ric Flair of commentators.  Whoo!

What ever happened to Stephen A. Smith? I haven't seem him at all this season.

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
his argument about garnett is what reveals him as a celtic hater. he DOES seem a little to angry about rondo but i can see what he's talking about. after all his bashing he is willing to say rondo is a top 10 point guard. do most people here even give rondo that much credit?
 point guards i would put ahead of rondo right now are: devin harris,bibby, mo williams,iverson,tj ford,b davis,nash,parker,paul,d. williams,and billups. that's just my opinion but if he's saying rondo is a top 10 pg then he rates him higher than i do. still.. the garnett stuff reveals what a hater he is.
  i have to add that i'll yack idf jose calderon makes the all star team. there's a guy who's stats are much better than the actual player.

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 09:09:22 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Smith was actually intelligent before he came to ESPN. He used to be with one of the Philadelphia papers and actually wrote decent pieces and did some good guest spots on cnnsi etc.

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2009, 09:14:47 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
i think barkley rarely has anything worth hearing. his whole deal is rooting for frontrunners(unless they're the celtics)and professing his man love for popovich.

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
barkley also dogged it frequently.

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2009, 09:31:40 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i love sir charles

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Rondo says about tonight's performance, "How you like them apples, scumbag?"

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2009, 10:20:24 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i can't stand payton. he's probably still bitter about the celtics trading him.

Become Legendary.