Author Topic: Gary Payton is a scumbag.  (Read 17282 times)

Re: Gary Payton is a scumbag.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 03:25:44 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

I don't see how he's any different from Barkley.

Barkley is funny.

I enjoy him and Webber more than Barkley and Kenny.

Do you mean you enjoy them or is a lesser of 2 evils concept?  Because if you actually enjoy them I want to give you a TP for originality.  They are a utter train wreck of monumental proportions and that surprisingly isn't hyperbole.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
He was upset that the Celtics didn't want to sign him last year.  Simple as that.

I think its a bit deeper than that but that is part of it.

Payton was a dynamite gaurd that got stuck on a terrable team, and he was known for alot of the things rondo is when he was young (outstanding defense, drive and kick, and passing) but he never really got any hype because the sonics sucked.

I think this is a case of a guy seeing what he sees as a younger version of himself in some ways getting more hype than he did till much later in his career and it ticks him off.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 03:32:13 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Huh? Payton got more hype then rondo ever has and probably ever will, and those sonics teams did not suck
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
He was upset that the Celtics didn't want to sign him last year.  Simple as that.

Agreed

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
GP sounds like a dope. Man is just hating because Boston didn't want anything to do with him last year. Just another aged vet trying to jump on a team that has a shot to win a ring. Did the same thing in LA...failed...same thing in MIA and was on the right team in the right year. He wouldn't be talking trash about Rondo had he been on the team last season...He'd probably be praising him, and talking about "I instructed Rondo on this & that & he is developing into a top point guard because of me."

I like Barkley & Kenny The Jet's commentary more so than GP/C-Webb.  Barkley & Kenny actually, most of the time, make sense...even Sir Charles, too. He is funny & there is the occasion he can ramble on and on, but a lot of times, he makes sense.  

GP just talks trash or sings praise to high heaven for someone without sufficient cause.  C-Webb once in a while can make a good comment or argument, but consistency goes to Charles & Kenny.

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 03:34:53 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
gotta love Kenny just tearing them up....

GP couldn't even think of Bosh until CWebb fed it to him....

Kenny: Who's a better forward in the EC?

GP: Uhhhh...

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 03:39:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Honestly I just don't think he watches that many games.  I think his comments about Rondo early in the season were alright.  Rondo wasn't really playing that well... and since it seems all GP does is look at stats, you can't blame him for thinking Rondo was overrated.

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
gotta love Kenny just tearing them up....

GP couldn't even think of Bosh until CWebb fed it to him....

Kenny: Who's a better forward in the EC?

GP: Uhhhh...

who's a better PF in the eastern conference?

the eastern conference?

well, thats where it'd have to be.

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 03:47:16 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Honestly I just don't think he watches that many games.  I think his comments about Rondo early in the season were alright.  Rondo wasn't really playing that well... and since it seems all GP does is look at stats, you can't blame him for thinking Rondo was overrated.

yes you can blame him, he's a HOF caliber player that doesn't even understand that something other than scoring can be important to a team.

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 03:47:47 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo

I can agree with that.  His comments about KG going to the AS game as a starter over Bosh definitely can coincide with that.  Bosh may be having a better statistical season than KG, or have a better PER, whatever, what-have-you. However, Kenny Smith made a valid point.  Bosh's team is terrible, and they were predicted to be a playoff team this season after adding J.O.  You swap KG for Bosh, no way Boston has its current record, no way there is the 19 game winning streak.  KG on Toronto would obviously help Toronto's record.  Bosh may be having a better season, but its because he is the primary #1 guy on his team.  Of course KG's numbers aren't what they used to be. He is on a team with 2 other NBA all-stars...everyone's numbers dropped.  Obviously the numbers do have to count for something, but in addition the team's record & the overall effect the player has on the team have got to be in there, too.  Garnett is the driving force, or catalyst behind the Celtics defense.  His intensity alone should vindicate his making it to the AS game.  Bosh doesn't have that intensity, fire, or tenacious D like Garnett.  The only claim he has is better numbers because he is the primary #1 guy on his team, where a team like Boston has 3 guys who can light up at any given time.

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 03:49:53 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

He doesn't watch the games?  He's on NBALive TV and all they do is talk about the games that are going on.  And there hasn't been a part of the season that Rondo hasn't played well and anyone that thinks he's overrated is clueless.  So really his only excuse IMO is stupidity and I guess a maybe some grudge he may or may not have.  
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Scumbag is not profanity here.  Good to know.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 04:36:24 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Scumbag is not profanity here.  Good to know.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, I always say.

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 04:44:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Huh? Payton got more hype then rondo ever has and probably ever will, and those sonics teams did not suck

the early ones? yea they did. he went on a whole rant on this on all star night, about how it's horse poop to give guys points for W/L recoreds when he was always, and im quoting, "a great player on a bad team at points, but i only made the all star game wehn we were good"
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Payton isnt even listening to what any of them are saying, while theyre talking hes already thinking of how hes going to come back.

That last clip was priceless.  He sat there for 3 minutes and tried to argue that Al Jefferson should start over Tim Duncan because hes playing better, and Ernie puts him on the spot and asks him who he wants on his team and not only does GP say Tim Duncan but he says Tim Duncan because hes a better player.....What an Idiot

I had no problem with Barkley, he would make some stupid comments that I didnt like some time but at least he can explain whats going through his head.  GP seems like he has his mind made up about every player in the NBA and is too bullheaded to listen to anyone else.

I can see why this guy could never win a title on a team being 'the man'.  Hes clearly always right in his head, what he says goes no matter what.  With a guy like him being a leader on the team I just imagine a bunch of players passive aggressively rebeling against him.

Someone needs to post that clip where Payton is busting Dwaynes Wades chops in an interview and Dwayne Wade says Gary just remember without me and Shaq you wouldnt even have a ring and completely shuts him up.
Greg