Author Topic: OKC trade idea  (Read 1483 times)

OKC trade idea
« on: January 27, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I am convinced that the majority of CB bloggers all want Joe Smith. BUT OKC doesn't want to just buy him out...UNLESS...

Ainge convinces Joe Smith to take a significant pay cut, around 2.3 mil and hope Marbury accepts the vet min, and OKC buys him out. In exchange, we agree to send semi-disgruntled Damien Wilkins for the originally sought after Tony Allen along with their choice of BBD or Leon Powe.

I really think this trade/buy out really help out OKC as well as us. Obviously, we get our big man vet who can shoot, rebound,etc, we clear our logjam of offensiveless short PFs, AND we get a true SF that can hit a 3 for us PLUS the guy can play PG like Ray Allen does from time to time.

OKC pleases 2 vets by putting them with a championship team, PLUS we give them the SG that they wanted to work along side Durant as a slasher/defender, AND we give them a young PF that both can rebound and dunk, but if they don't work out, they expire this season.

Along with this, we could then sign Marbury to finish up and prepare for the Playoffs

Rondo, Marbury, Cassell   -   Pruitt,
Ray, House,               -   Giddens*
Pierce, Wilkins           -   Walker*
KG, BBD/Powe              -   Pat0
Perk, Scal, Smith

*I just notice that this is 16 players, so we would have to include Walker or preferably Giddens in exchange for a draft pick(I'm sure they have a dozen)
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: OKC trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm not against this trade.  We get Smith, move TA who's been disappointing this year (which kills me to admit since I've been a big, big supporter of him since his rookie year) and clear a logjam of Powe/BBD where we don't have to worry about which to resign at the end of the year.

Haven't seen enough of Wilkins to know how much he'd contribute.

say no to Marbury and you have your 15.  If Marbury's a must (I don't think he is), Cassell can retire and be an official coach.  Pruitt and House are more than sufficient to get the job done and bring none of the headaches Starbury brings.

Re: OKC trade idea
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:58:58 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
As much as Marbury might have been a headache last year and maybe the year before...I think the guy a matured alot over the summer plus some during this game that NY is playing on him.
As for Pruitt and House getting the job done...noway
Pruitt provides much less offense and inexperienced defense, and House only shoots 3's and plays pesky defense(too short)
Marbury, not too much taller, but way more experienced, and he did his part for coming into the season in great shape and great mind ready to play. He knows he has to work behind Rondo, and I think he gets that, otherwise he wouldn't spit out Boston's name every other day. As for Wilkins, I have watched him in some games before Durant and after Durant. He plays nice D, runs the floor well, and is a nice scorer. He was like the 3rd or 4th option on offense when Ray and Rashard were still there. This trade would be perfect for us, but I wish and wonder if Ainge and company take interest or even look at the ideas submitted on blogs like this...
Can't stop, Rondo!