Author Topic: Taken (Movie)  (Read 9606 times)

Taken (Movie)
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Liam Neeson (wrong sp I know) as ex-special ops type goes and gets his girl from probably eastern euro criminals

I am hyped about this film, it seems like its right along the lines of "Man on Fire" one of my all time favorite movies (my favorite denzel movie). Anyone else looking forward to this?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Taken (Movie)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm definitely curious about it.  I'll probably wait until the first round of reviews (from regular folks, not critics), but I'm cautiously optimistic.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:08:19 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Liam Neeson (wrong sp I know) as ex-special ops type goes and gets his girl from probably eastern euro criminals

I am hyped about this film, it seems like its right along the lines of "Man on Fire" one of my all time favorite movies (my favorite denzel movie). Anyone else looking forward to this?

My thoughts I can't wait. Hopefully I can see it the first or second week. I've been excited about it ever since I saw it as a preview before "The Punisher: Warzone".

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Cheap theatre or rental.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
I'm not going to say how, but I already watched this movie. It's easily my favorite of the new year by FAR! I was skeptical about some old guy being an action hero, but 15 mins into the movie, I was definitely convinced. The movie is short about an hour and 28 mins. But after the first 10 mins, it's all action and suspense.

If your a guy, this movie will leave you feeling like you can do what Liam Neeson does. If your a parent, you will definitely feel for his motives. Altogether it's a crazy rollercoaster ride from start to finish. Put it this way, I have a perfect quality copy, and I'm still going to see it in theatres this Friday.

EDIT:**
Oh and I almost forgot, I saw it 3 times already. lol

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:49:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm not going to say how, but I already watched this movie. It's easily my favorite of the new year by FAR! I was skeptical about some old guy being an action hero, but 15 mins into the movie, I was definitely convinced. The movie is short about an hour and 28 mins. But after the first 10 mins, it's all action and suspense.

If your a guy, this movie will leave you feeling like you can do what Liam Neeson does. If your a parent, you will definitely feel for his motives. Altogether it's a crazy rollercoaster ride from start to finish. Put it this way, I have a perfect quality copy, and I'm still going to see it in theatres this Friday.

Wow, sounds like you sure do have a torrent of info on this picture.  Looks pretty good, but not theater-worthy for me.  I'll be sure to take a look at it soon.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 07:53:24 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Wow, sounds like you sure do have a torrent of info on this picture.  Looks pretty good, but not theater-worthy for me.  I'll be sure to take a look at it soon.

I just came back from Guatemala and there are sooooo many DVDs there that you can buy mad cheap.  Usually, the ones that are on theater have worse quality, but the ones that have yet to come to DVDs can come in great quality for only $1.25 (and some even better deals).  The funny thing is that we found a copy of "What Happens in Vegas" for only .50 cents!

About the movie, I dont know about the movie but the trailer really is awesome.  That's gotta be the best trailer of the year.  Builds the suspension of what could be a great action movie.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 08:21:15 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102

Man on Fire is an awesome movie and alot of people have never seen it!
TP
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:37:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Liam Neeson(sp?) wins me over in the trailers with nothing more than the absolute calmness and certitude that he uses in telling the kidnappers that he is going to use his acquired skills to find them and kill them. The tone that he uses is spot on scary and believable that a special ops/assassin type guy would use just that tone with someone.

He is without a doubt one of the greatest actors in Hollywood today and I love the diverse roles he puts himself into. Who else could be credulous as a special ops agent, a jedi and an immortal lion.

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 09:35:32 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

My roommate and I said the exact same thing! I really enjoyed "Man on Fire" and I hope this delivers something similar.

We're definitely going to go and see it.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!

Lol. shhhh! anyways, yea I DO recommend watching it in theatres though. The movie had my wife and I on edge the whole time. The reason this is important is because my wife falls asleep to almost every movie, except the REALLY good ones. ie,Dark Knight, Iron Man...(im only listing recent ones)

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 12:14:27 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I just love the part in the trailer when he says, "Listen carefully, this part is important. They're going to take you." Very well done, piqued my interest, enough to pay 11 bucks to see it, I'm not sure yet.

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 01:06:37 AM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
I managed to see this already and was really impressed. Man on fire is a decent comparison but I would liken it more to the Bourne Franchise of movies as far as pacing and visual styles.

I highly recommend it, I am going to end up buying it on DVD for sure and I might go see it in the theater even though I am really broke

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 01:13:00 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Correct spelling  :)

I'll check it out sometime.

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 01:33:08 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm definitely curious about it.  I'll probably wait until the first round of reviews (from regular folks, not critics), but I'm cautiously optimistic.
I'll wait for the critics to review it.

Not the kind of movie I would watch in the theaters though.