Author Topic: Do you Think either team does this?  (Read 3726 times)

Do you Think either team does this?
« on: January 27, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=194~1982~510~3046~2423&teams=14~14~12~12~12&te=&cash=

Why for Miami: Yes they are saving up for 2010, but after this trade they have given DWade what he needs to stay in Miami, a team that can compete.

Why for Clipps: They probably wouldn't do this unless they were willing to admit that the Bdiddy experiment was a bust.

Re: Do you Think either team does this?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 01:59:41 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=194~1982~510~3046~2423&teams=14~14~12~12~12&te=&cash=

Why for Miami: Yes they are saving up for 2010, but after this trade they have given DWade what he needs to stay in Miami, a team that can compete.

Why for Clipps: They probably wouldn't do this unless they were willing to admit that the Bdiddy experiment was a bust.

It will definitely improve Miami, talent-wise, give them a big they need, and give LAC a chance to dump a lot of salary.  But I really don't see B-Diddy and D-Wade playing well together.  Davis needs the ball in his hand and needs to put up a bunch of shots.  I don't think that's the type of point guard they're looking for

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
The player that Miami should be trying to get with Marion's contract is Elton Brand.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 02:21:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The player that Miami should be trying to get with Marion's contract is Elton Brand.
That is an interesting idea

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I like the trade idea.  Makes sense to me.  Miami would have an interesting lineup...

PG - Baron
SG - Wade
SF - Beasley
PF - Haslem
C - Kaman

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't like the deal for the Clippers.  The Clipps would or should ask for Chalmers.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm not sold on the ability of Baron and Wade to co-exist. 

Also, Miami is getting a lot of "years left" committed on Kaman and Davis.  Hamstrings them quite a bit down the road and I'm not sure that new lineup is enough to take down either Boston or Cleveland in the forseeable future in the East. 

It is an interesting trade to debate the "what ifs", though.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I don't like the deal for the Clippers.  The Clipps would or should ask for Chalmers.

Thats a better idea. But I agree that BD and DW might not mesh

I wonder about Elton. I thought he would really help PHilly but it seems like he's like Dirk( he constantly needs the ball to put up nice numbers )
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80

Clippers would be totally blowing up their team for a couple weak prospects and a expiring contract, No way would the clips do it. They might unload one of them in the right deal, but I dout they have given up on Baron so soon

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 09:06:12 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I don't think DW and BD cannot co-exist. BD has played well with JRich and Monta in the past. I don't think Philly or LAC will have the vision to give up on bad signings so quickly.

Brand and Marion is very interesting, I think they'll need a third team though.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The latest has Miami offering Shawn Marion to the Kings for Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas. If the Kings do this, Miami is set up for a nice run into the playoffs IMO. Brad and Kenny 'revive' for this 1/2 season to give the Heat a decent veteran front court with Haslem.

The Kings get rid of two guys who are not going to win a championship for them (they will go much further behind D Wade as supporting cast) and get a guy that is expiring. This sets up the Kings for a nice piece of cap room to sign a FA or two after the retirement of Shareef Abdur Rahim.

I would try to make the Kings take our pal Marcus in the pkg, but this is likely asking too much.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 12:15:27 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I like the trade idea.  Makes sense to me.  Miami would have an interesting lineup...

PG - Baron
SG - Wade
SF - Beasley
PF - Haslem
C - Kaman
And what a concept. Actually improve your team with a trade.  So many teams nowadays just settle for serving one objective like freeing up cap space or filling one need.  When you are hovering around .500 or below, why not do nothing until something comes along that moves you in the right direction.