Author Topic: Speeding up to get Marbury  (Read 6002 times)

Re: Speeding up to get Marbury
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 10:17:16 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
One person not mentioned is SAM. He could probably give us as much as Marbury considering that he knows the system. Both are shooters, both are known for lack of defense, both are not in game shape. But Sam is on the team and is a known factor.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 10:21:37 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
We need a more versatile player for the 3 and a long big man first.

Agreed.  Pruitt and House, while neither is perfect, fill the backup PG need.  A 3 who can defend off the bench would be great (TA is too short and, at the end of the day, just not good enough for this position; Walker too inexperienced).  A long big man would be great as well. I like what BBD has been doing in stretches as the backup big, but I get the sense that in a playoff series he would be less effective as the other team would figure out a way to deal with him.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 11:27:11 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Ignore the current record, and admit that the Celtics have to upgrade that bench to prevent another scary Playoff series. As it is now ,we have no single player to truly help the bench. SO, we should all agree that Marbury could definitely fit in with our bench, allowing House to be a true SG. So since we still have half of the MLE, isn't there a legal way for Ainge to convince Marbury to give up 2 or 2.5 mil of his contract so he could be waived and signed by Boston? I bet they could do that as long as Walch is involved.
Next to that, we should try a 10 day contract for Antoine, and also look into a 10 day offer to Miles possibly. Besides that, I would recommend looking into the health of Pollard, as well as trading a couple players for draft picks. We can't wait up on a title this year just to save the possibility of Bill Walker, Giddens, Pruitt, and/or BBD to be good. Someone's gotta go since noone will take Scal...even if we paid them...could we do that...

This is one giant post full of bad ideas. Literally one right after the other. Marbury, Antoine, Miles, and then Scot Pollard. Wow...just Wow. I mean is Kedrick Brown not available?? Any other has been basketball players we can dredge up for this discussion?

The only really bad idea missing from the OP is Gerald Green.

And given the way this board thinks, I'm surprised it hasn't come up.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 02:30:59 AM »

Offline driz

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • Stojko Vrankovic > *
Ignore the current record, and admit that the Celtics have to upgrade that bench to prevent another scary Playoff series. As it is now ,we have no single player to truly help the bench. SO, we should all agree that Marbury could definitely fit in with our bench, allowing House to be a true SG. So since we still have half of the MLE, isn't there a legal way for Ainge to convince Marbury to give up 2 or 2.5 mil of his contract so he could be waived and signed by Boston? I bet they could do that as long as Walch is involved.
Next to that, we should try a 10 day contract for Antoine, and also look into a 10 day offer to Miles possibly. Besides that, I would recommend looking into the health of Pollard, as well as trading a couple players for draft picks. We can't wait up on a title this year just to save the possibility of Bill Walker, Giddens, Pruitt, and/or BBD to be good. Someone's gotta go since noone will take Scal...even if we paid them...could we do that...

Why not just let Sam Cassell suit up?
David Friedman