Author Topic: Chris Wilcox  (Read 2678 times)

Chris Wilcox
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »

Offline driz

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • Stojko Vrankovic > *
Folks, let's not kid ourselves, here.  First, we need to acquire Chris Wilcox.  Then, we need Sam Cassell to come off the bench and Ike Turner everybody.

Flames?
David Friedman

Re: Chris Wilcox
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'd rather have Joe Smith.  How is Wilcox's defense?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:15:47 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
I'd rather have Joe Smith.  How is Wilcox's defense?
I'd also rather have Joe Smith. He's a veteran and a proven scorer. I'd feel better if he was on the squad compared to Wilcox
UBUNTU

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:36:52 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd much rather have Chris Wilcox... He gives us the athleticism and length we would need off the bench. He's a banging center who has some pretty good defensive skills, hes a great rebounder, and he can run the break very well for a big man. He's a veteran and he's young.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »

Offline driz

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
  • Stojko Vrankovic > *
I'd much rather have Chris Wilcox... He gives us the athleticism and length we would need off the bench. He's a banging center who has some pretty good defensive skills, hes a great rebounder, and he can run the break very well for a big man. He's a veteran and he's young.

Wilcox has often been limited by his health, but when he gets minutes, he's a stud.  Really, though, I just wanted an excuse to use "Ike Turner" as a verb.
David Friedman

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 01:09:49 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
The big problem with Wilcox is a lack of consistent effort. This is why he will likely be available at the end of this contract. I think he lacks leadership and may be a bit immature. Talented players that get to a certain age and still need motivation (Olowakandi) are usually career underachievers. That said, the talent is there. He would get plenty of motivation on this team if receptive and may be just fine. I would definitely make an offer in the midlevel range during the offseason if I couldnt trade for him cheap.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 03:20:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i would take either smith or wilcox...smith much more of a 10-15 foot jumper threat but wilcox could add some serious muscle down low