Author Topic: Tony Parker: Rondo is the most overrated PG in the NBA  (Read 19819 times)

Re: Tony Parker: Rondo is the most overrated PG in the NBA
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Back to the OP and what Parker said
1. Noone forgets who Rondo plays with, thats dumb.
2. No mention of Ray Allen? huh
3. Is he forgetting he plays with Tim Duncan, one of the greatest big men ever?
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2009, 10:48:51 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
My top PGs for this year:

1. Paul
2. D Williams - when healthy
3. Parker
4. Billups
5. Kidd
6. Nash - though because of his defense he should probly be placed below the next three guys.
7A. Rondo
7B. Nelson
7C. Harris
10A. Calderon
10B. Rose
10C. M Williams
I agree with list except I don't even think Kidd belongs in the top 10 anymore.  To me he is below average at this point.

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2009, 11:07:07 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Tony Parker's wife is the most overrated
actress in regards to both looks and also
in regards to acting skills.

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2009, 11:07:37 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I hope Rondo burns Tony Parker over and over again when the C's play the Spurs.  That really makes me mad when I read that.  Especially with his reasoning considering he himself has one of the best power forwards of all time and one of the best swingmen in the league right now on his team.

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2009, 11:09:31 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Tony Parker's wife is the most overrated
actress in regards to both looks and also
in regards to acting skills.

AMEN AND TP!
I'm done with thinking about Parker until the Cs beat the Spurs on Feb. 8th.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Sorry, but i have to agree with Tony's top 5. And it sounds like he was put on the spot with that overrated question.

Tony Parker put up 55, 10, and 7 in a game this year. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Tony Parker is not the 2nd best PG in the NBA, but then again I cant stand cp3 either
dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, hand it off to David west or shoot it... Chris Paul 13 assists, Hornets 15 assists...he stagnates the offense and over time will be exposed
tp to you,i thought i was the only person who didn't like him.I think he might be a bit overrated.If most teams were playing decent defense he wouldn't be as successful as he has been.Most teams don't make him a priority ,therefore he takes advantage of it.  
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:26:18 AM by housecall »

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2009, 11:44:43 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Eva Longoria has noted she has the most overrated husband in the NBA...

simply put, folks, this is a sign of jealousy...pure and simple.
Let's let Eva hang with Rajon for a little bit and see if Tony is really confortable with his masculinity. He can take D-West's route of Popeye's chicken and skinny dipping as nice date idea for Mrs. Parker.

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
After hearing this, I'm going to drop Parker from my fantasy team immediately.  My respect for him just went down a great deal
UBUNTU

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2009, 11:55:41 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

6. Nash - though because of his defense he should probly be placed below the next three guys.
7A. Rondo

Not to pick on you, Nick, because I think that most of this discussion centers around offense only, but of course Rondo's not a top pg if you don't count defense. Where does KG rate as a pf if you completely ignore defense? Top 8 or so?

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 12:08:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

7A. Rondo

Not to pick on you, Nick, because I think that most of this discussion centers around offense only, but of course Rondo's not a top pg if you don't count defense. Where does KG rate as a pf if you completely ignore defense? Top 8 or so?

Not sure what you're getting at.

I think Nash is better than those other three guys but his defense is woeful. He must give up more than he makes though I don't know for sure. But I rated him higher than those other guys because he makes other players on his team so much better and I think that quality moved him ahead of the other guys.

What I was trying to say is that Nash is a great PG but he is bad defensively, that's all. So I'm kinda confused as to what you're getting at.

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I still can't believe he ranks himself #2 then turns round and calls a PG
who's having a similar career start like he did overrated. The irony. Is it
because he put himself second that no-one is jumping on this story? When Pierce said
he believed he was the best the complaining went on for weeks.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2009, 11:14:26 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
He didn't deserve his Finals MVP, Duncan should have gotten it.

Tony can think what he wants. The great thing about democracy is you're free to open your mouth and say any stupid thing you want.

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2009, 12:53:20 AM »

Offline TheGreenThumb

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 25
Don't be too hard on Tony P!  Remember the controversy that Pierce created when he was quoted in Europe as saying that he is the best player.  :o

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2009, 01:59:47 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Don't be too hard on Tony P!  Remember the controversy that Pierce created when he was quoted in Europe as saying that he is the best player.  :o

Pierce also had a legit point.  He was the Finals MVP on the best team at the time.  Is it true?  No.  But I like the mindset that he goes on the court every night thinking he's the best player out there. 

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2009, 02:00:17 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I think there might be a bad translation in this article. It sounds like he is saying his top 5 is Chris Paul, Myself, Deron Williams, Steve Nash and Chauncey Billups but that might not be a ranked list. But the hoopshype article assumes it is ranked.

Also I think people are jumping down Tony Parker's throat just a little here. I mean he says Rondo is a BIT OVERATED and that it is hard to tell in the first place whether there is an overated PG. I hear these same sentiments often on the forums here. And Parker can't think too low of Rondo as he does list Rondo in his top 10 if you look at the rest of the article.

Finally for TP to rank himself so highly is a good thing. Just remember a few months ago people were praising Pierce for calling himself the best player in the NBA. Playing with confidence and thinking you are the best can be very good for a player.