Author Topic: Sons Of Anarchy  (Read 21396 times)

Re: Sons Of Anarchy
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I never liked Opie. For a guy who always wanted to do the right thing, he does the wrong thing like...a lot. For a guy who gives off that 'I don't care if I die, down for whatever' vibe, he seems to be weirdly selfish, chicken out or make a bonehead decision pretty often too.

Plus, you gotta think he smells like garbage drenched in exhaust and cigarettes.

They probably all do for that matter. How do these guys keep scoring chicks smelling like balls?

Maybe because in television bad boys get all the girls? I know it's silly but it's not about how they smell. It's about attitude and how tough a guy is that gets him the girls. Ask any girls who watch SOA they will say "OMG JAX IS SO HOT!!!". I do get annoyed by it but usually in real life girls do get turned off by a guy that smells like a ashtray. This is coming from somebody who smokes and it is a horrible smell!

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I never liked Opie. For a guy who always wanted to do the right thing, he does the wrong thing like...a lot. For a guy who gives off that 'I don't care if I die, down for whatever' vibe, he seems to be weirdly selfish, chicken out or make a bonehead decision pretty often too.

Plus, you gotta think he smells like garbage drenched in exhaust and cigarettes.

They probably all do for that matter. How do these guys keep scoring chicks smelling like balls?

Maybe because in television bad boys get all the girls? I know it's silly but it's not about how they smell. It's about attitude and how tough a guy is that gets him the girls. Ask any girls who watch SOA they will say "OMG JAX IS SO HOT!!!". I do get annoyed by it but usually in real life girls do get turned off by a guy that smells like a ashtray. This is coming from somebody who smokes and it is a horrible smell!

I agree with all of this. My wife thinks Jax is smoking hot (pun intended), but HATES my cigars, and if I go a lazy Sunday without showering, I hear about it Sunday night.

Maybe I'm just jealous.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 10:57:38 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Was pretty surprised when they killed him off, but after they said Tig wasn't going to die I figured it had to be Opie.  I honestly thought it was going to be someone stupid like Otto or a prospect, guess not.
do it

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 11:21:30 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I doubt the chicks they score smell a lot better, aside from the **** stars wearing half a bottle of perfume. I kind of liked Opie, but beyond that he was one of the few members of the gang that wasn't also a member of AARP. It's like Jax and the Over the Hill Gang now.

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

By the way, not really show related, but did anyone see that the person who played Half Sack apparently killed his landlady and then fell to his death? He was a pretty decent character, as was his girlfriend who got shipped off to Ireland after she hit the ATF lady in the head with the wine bottle.

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 11:51:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

By the way, not really show related, but did anyone see that the person who played Half Sack apparently killed his landlady and then fell to his death? He was a pretty decent character, as was his girlfriend who got shipped off to Ireland after she hit the ATF lady in the head with the wine bottle.

I was just thinking that I wished Half-Sack would've been a more major character, did a wiki search and saw that the only reason he was killed off was because of 'creative differences', and he had to abruptly leave the show.

Well, we now see 'creative differences' actually meant 'clinically insane'.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 12:21:40 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Opie is an overly loyal irrational loose cannon i.e. a very genuine character. Being loyal kept biting him in the ass, but he stayed loyal to the end. As for the chicks thing, 80% of the chicks these guys get on this show are trashy (a word that rhymes with stores). Quality over quantity my friends :). Half-sack was cool, but Opie was the man. He and his epic beard will be sorely missed.

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2012, 11:10:03 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Great season. Nice twist at the end (wont spoil it for the DVDrs out there.)

Excited to see another season or two. Hopefully it doesn't pull a shield and lose mo before its over.

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:44 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Anyone still following this show?  loving the final season.

any predictions on how this turns out for Jax in the end?  I'm thinking he's going down in a hail of bullets personally-->all his schemes come back to bite him.

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2014, 11:47:45 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I am expecting they all go to jail because one is a fed. Some Donnie Brasco stuff. I watch the show but don't love it. It's okay is all.

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2014, 12:26:38 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
My guess is Gemma sets him up to die, just kidding. I do think something big will happen to Jax because of Gemma though and Gemma is the only one left standing in the end. It seems she always gets out of everything.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2014, 12:37:28 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

any predictions on how this turns out for Jax in the end?  I'm thinking he's going down in a hail of bullets personally-->all his schemes come back to bite him.

I am hate watching it at this point. Nothing makes sense anymore. Why would anyone trust the Sons after they backstabbed and alienated literally EVERY OTHER GROUP in Charming? The police officer who got shot by the Neo Nazis? Yeah, she won't say anything because she loves Charming, even though the idiot MC wound up getting her partner killed, putting her in a coma, and, oh yeah, being basically the cause of EVERY BAD THING THAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE CITY THIS DECADE. GRENADES ARE LITERALLY BEING THROWN INTO MAIN STREET SHOPS BECAUSE OF THESE JACKWAGONS.

Oh, and we've got a new sheriff, who promptly forgot about the old sheriff's murder. Apparently her only job is to sleep with gang members.

Also, Jax, who refused to make a move on ANYONE without proof in the past, takes his mom's story at her word (despite the vast history of her crappiness) and sets in motion the events that have led to about 100 deaths so far. Seriously. If Charming were a real place, the National Guard would have taken it over by now. The police there are SO TERRIBLE AT THEIR JOBS that they see the head of the MCs' wife and sheriff dead in the same kitchen and fail to make any connection between the two. But yeah, let's just take Gemma's word for it, I'm sure she has no reason to be manipulative, no proof needed here.

And the Nazi plotline. The Sons literally killed a dozen people just to impress some Nazis so they could unload some heroin and stay in their good graces. THIS WAS THEIR ONLY OPTION??? I know these guys aren't supposed to be smart, but good lord everything is off the rails and nothing makes sense.

On the plus side, Sutter has yet to force a graphic dude-on-dude rape scene on us this season. He has made sure to compensate with several terrible Katey Sagal cover songs during extremely long and lazy montages, though. I guess being married to the brain behind it all has its benefits.

This show used to be so much better. We miss you, Opie.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I am hate watching it at this point. Nothing makes sense anymore. Why would anyone trust the Sons after they backstabbed and alienated literally EVERY OTHER GROUP in Charming? The police officer who got shot by the Neo Nazis? Yeah, she won't say anything because she loves Charming, even though the idiot MC wound up getting her partner killed, putting her in a coma, and, oh yeah, being basically the cause of EVERY BAD THING THAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE CITY THIS DECADE. GRENADES ARE LITERALLY BEING THROWN INTO MAIN STREET SHOPS BECAUSE OF THESE JACKWAGONS.

Oh, and we've got a new sheriff, who promptly forgot about the old sheriff's murder. Apparently her only job is to sleep with gang members.

Also, Jax, who refused to make a move on ANYONE without proof in the past, takes his mom's story at her word (despite the vast history of her crappiness) and sets in motion the events that have led to about 100 deaths so far. Seriously. If Charming were a real place, the National Guard would have taken it over by now. The police there are SO TERRIBLE AT THEIR JOBS that they see the head of the MCs' wife and sheriff dead in the same kitchen and fail to make any connection between the two. But yeah, let's just take Gemma's word for it, I'm sure she has no reason to be manipulative, no proof needed here.

And the Nazi plotline. The Sons literally killed a dozen people just to impress some Nazis so they could unload some heroin and stay in their good graces. THIS WAS THEIR ONLY OPTION??? I know these guys aren't supposed to be smart, but good lord everything is off the rails and nothing makes sense.

On the plus side, Sutter has yet to force a graphic dude-on-dude rape scene on us this season. He has made sure to compensate with several terrible Katey Sagal cover songs during extremely long and lazy montages, though. I guess being married to the brain behind it all has its benefits.

This show used to be so much better. We miss you, Opie.
hey now, let's not start applying intelligent thought to the storylines.  none of the prior seasons would have held up under similar scrutiny.

I do get your frustration with the inconsistancies.  For me, current Jax makes more sense than Jax in earlier seasons where he was hesitant to do anything without 'proof'.   I keep waiting for his schemes to backfire at one point and I think this season is the payoff.

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 11:34:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
RIP Bobby.  should have done the smart thing and stayed away from Jax's chapter.   found it odd he got a different burial treatment from Opie

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One more episode.  The question is, who -- if anybody -- survives?  (The show is inspired by Hamlet, after all).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes