Author Topic: Sons Of Anarchy  (Read 21410 times)

Sons Of Anarchy
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:05:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
awesome show, Charlie Hunnam is the new Health Ledger.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Sons Of Anarchy
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Great show!   I think this is the most underrated  show on TV.   I watched the first 10 episodes but couldn't find the last couple.  If anyone knows where I can find them please let me know.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 10:18:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I haven't seen the last 3 or 4 epis of the season, and thats not a choice, it jsut didn't work out. Now i just gotta find the time.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 10:27:12 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
I haven't seen the last 3 or 4 epis of the season, and thats not a choice, it jsut didn't work out. Now i just gotta find the time.

This is actually something I've always wondered but I don't know anyone else who watches the show.   Is it just me or are they smoking joints throughout the entire show?  They never really mention it but those definitely aren't cigarettes.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 10:28:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

This is actually something I've always wondered but I don't know anyone else who watches the show.   Is it just me or are they smoking joints throughout the entire show?  They never really mention it but those definitely aren't cigarettes.

They mention drugs pretty frequently, as far as I could tell, some of it was cigs, some not.

You catch the whole "Hamlet" subplot? The series is patterned after the play.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 10:36:26 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum

They mention drugs pretty frequently, as far as I could tell, some of it was cigs, some not.

You catch the whole "Hamlet" subplot? The series is patterned after the play.
Ya they talked about smoking weed a couple of times but usually someone would just break out a joint and smoke it as if it were a cigarette.  Only it was clearly hand-rolled and they would pass it around.  Also the way they inhaled the smoke led me to believe it wasn't tobacco.

I didn't pick up on the Hamlet subplot but that's because I know nothing about hamlet.  It doesn't surprise me though that this show has multiple layers.  It is very well written.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:45:05 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I didn't pick up on the Hamlet subplot but that's because I know nothing about hamlet.

;D  That just sounds funny.

TP for the Wu-Tang sig.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 06:21:31 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
cool show. i hope they don't try to drag it out though. it's clearly hamlet. we know where it's goin. i kinda hope it's a two season series.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 06:25:58 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Great show!   I think this is the most underrated  show on TV.   I watched the first 10 episodes but couldn't find the last couple.  If anyone knows where I can find them please let me know.

Hulu has the last 3 episodes up right now.

http://www.hulu.com/search/sons+of+anarchy?sort_by=relevance&type=episode
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »

Online shookones99

• Jayson Tatum

Hulu has the last 3 episodes up right now.

http://www.hulu.com/search/sons+of+anarchy?sort_by=relevance&type=episode
Awesome  Thanks!   TP

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 08:47:37 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Mentalist is a great show, but this is the best new show on TV/Cable of 2008.

The show is not just about a biker gang or "brother hood". It examines multiple aspects of life and society.

Just like Friday Night Lights is not just about football, Sons of Anarchy is not just about guns, fights, and sex.

Looking forward to the second season.

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
cool show. i hope they don't try to drag it out though. it's clearly hamlet. we know where it's goin. i kinda hope it's a two season series.

I can definitely see the reasoning for a 2 season series limit... However, this is an interesting enough premise that they could carry on somewhat with different plotlines and different people.

I agree it wouldn't be as good though... My friend described it as an ensemble cast and I totally disagreed with him. No knock on Clay or Gemma, but Jax Teller IS the show to me. Hunnam is awesome.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 01:32:06 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Interested to see what they have in store for Henry Rollins's character.

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 05:51:39 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Well, finally decided to watch the final 4 episodes that I have been neglecting to watch. Top notch first season, although I thought the finale was subpar.

Second season starts tomorrow, here's a promo to get us in the mood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHltNH8UXSI

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 06:52:38 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
So, none of you have watched the first episode of the second season yet? I just watched it and it was completely badass. The final scenes were completely messed up.

There's no legal online version yet as far as I know. I know Hulu is putting up the episode next Wednesday or so. Else, you look around and you should find it if you missed it.