Author Topic: How I Met Your Mother  (Read 23168 times)

Re: How I Met Your Mother
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
starring Delonte West and Lebron James

;)

Kid's, let me tell you a story back in the summer of 2010 where I met your mother. I was in the NBA and my best friend at the time was...

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 09:18:09 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Spoilers ahead:

That was poop.

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 10:15:32 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Finale, much like the last 3 or 4 years of the show, was hot, trite, been-there-done-that garbage.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 10:17:26 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Spoiler alert:

I did not like how Robin and Barney got divorced, I did not like how Robin became estranged from everyone else, I really did not like that the mother died after all that, but I did like how he showed up at Robin's doorstep just like how the show started to end it.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Finale, much like the last 3 or 4 years of the show, was hot, trite, been-there-done-that garbage.

The show was never meant to be "smart". Try as they seemed to have.

It's like Big Bang Theory...except with a story...and also except there was a time when HIMYM was actually a solid show.

This is where I completely switch off for half an hour after a long week. Sure, it's bubbly and simple and almost mind numbing. But it did its job.

But the ending...it went against everything and tried to outsmart itself. Ended up copping out viewers and destroying the years invested in this show. Sunk a lot lower than the dragged out seasons.

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 10:49:37 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The show was alwways going to end this way. I wish the last season had been wgat the finale was and not one weekend stretched out, but it had been clear that the mother was dead and Ted was ending up with Robin from jump street.

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 11:06:07 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
yeah, I guess I understand how people could be frustrated with the ending but I was fine with it

it was always a fun show that made me laugh out loud and I think they checked a bunch of boxes in order to end the series the way they wanted to all along

found it interesting the way they had him pick BOTH the new girl and the soul-mate (later)

contrast that to Dawson's Creek (don't judge) and Hunger Games where the girl picks the new guy instead of the one she grew up with
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 11:30:16 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Didn't like the ending as they always seemed to be building to the Mother and Ted becoming a better man. As well, they spent a lot of time showing why Robin wasn't the one. That said I can also see how this was built in long term.

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
finally saw the ending last night.  had a bet with my wife that the wife in the show was already dead during the time period of Ted telling his kids about how he met their mother.  picked up on that vibe about the second time they showed a flash forward of Ted with the wife.

wasn't pleased with the divorce nor Ted ending up with Robin again.  so "been there, done that".  thought they'd end on the note of disclosing the mother's death and just let it go from there. 

There's been far worse series endings than this one but have to admit I was looking for something "more" after all the build up

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That finale was legen - wait for it....

<15 second fart noise>

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 03:47:37 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I for one loved and enjoyed the finale although I was sad at the end cuz the show finally came to an end. Throughout the show, I was never a fan of Lily because I always thought she was selfish for good reasons most of the time.

Alyson Hannigan did a great job because she always wanted the crew to stick together. Her tears during the finale had me going as well. Everyone's tears had me going because not only were those strong moments, but also life changing moments for all of the crew.

** CAUTION MAJOR SPOILER ALERT ** ** CAUTION MAJOR SPOILER ALERT **

I didn't mind the mother and Robin ending at all.
Most of you were #$%$ by the ending, but this is how I see it
-Ted met the mom, whole point of the show, he loved her with all his heart, was finally able to let Robin go. He did, which is why he married and had 2 kids with her. And Tracy was perfect for Ted, remembering what Stella and Victoria said about marrying and inviting ex's all related to Robin. Tracy LET Robin attend and she did. That shows that Ted found the right woman that let him still be friends with Robin while Robin finally realizes that she wasn't enough to make Barney change.
-Barney has always loved the single life, always had and always will UNTIL he got a kid, that one on one scene between him and his newborn daughter was nothing but a strong moment for Barney, probably the strongest moment through his 9 seasons.
-Marshall was meh, he was always a consistent character, always selfless and always thinking about other people. That's why he was my favorite character throughout the show.
-Robin, also another consistent character, she always put work in front of everything else but was always wishy washy with the relationship thing.
Finally Ted, his kids were right, although the series was labeled "HIMYM", majority of the story always revolves around him and his love for Robin. He did let her go during the wedding and up to the point where the mother passed away.
And last but not least, most important scene to me of the whole show was the ending. The ending ended where it all began. Ted and the blue french horn. He began the story for his love for Robin with the blue french horn and ended the whole story with the blue french horn. It was a great ending in my opinion.

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Haven't cared about a series leaving the air since MASH checked out.

Given the shoddy writing that marks the current iteration of series, I don't anticipate caring anytime soon.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 05:40:12 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

** CAUTION MAJOR SPOILER ALERT ** ** CAUTION MAJOR SPOILER ALERT **

And last but not least, most important scene to me of the whole show was the ending. The ending ended where it all began. Ted and the blue french horn. He began the story for his love for Robin with the blue french horn and ended the whole story with the blue french horn. It was a great ending in my opinion.

I think the best criticism I've read is that it would have been a great ending if the show had ended 4 or 5 seasons ago.

Mike

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Given the shoddy writing that marks the current iteration of series, I don't anticipate caring anytime soon.
Want good writing....watch House of Cards on Netflix.

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 06:18:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Want good writing....watch House of Cards on Netflix.

Agreed.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team