Author Topic: How I Met Your Mother  (Read 23162 times)

How I Met Your Mother
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:36:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
She was a wonderful lady, your mother.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: How I Met Your Mother
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:06 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Judging by the fact that no one ever replied to the original post by IP, it may be safe to say that not many people on this site watch HIMYM.  That being said, for anyone that does, I wanted to get your feelings on the most recent episode.  It seems to have gotten a very strong reaction, both good and bad, by fans.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 02:43:25 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Judging by the fact that no one ever replied to the original post by IP, it may be safe to say that not many people on this site watch HIMYM.  That being said, for anyone that does, I wanted to get your feelings on the most recent episode.  It seems to have gotten a very strong reaction, both good and bad, by fans.

Great episode IMO.  I was laughing the whole way through it.  Untill the end.  What are people saying about it being bad?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 02:54:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
HIMYM has become just repetitive to me. Episodes will have 2 or 3 laughs (usually with the help of Barney), and the plot will be cliche and derivative.

But, at this point I'm too invested to let go.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
HIMYM has become just repetitive to me. Episodes will have 2 or 3 laughs (usually with the help of Barney), and the plot will be cliche and derivative.

I agree, Ive seen them all and dont want to stop now, its like "Lost", but this was the first episode in a long time where I was laughing the whole way through
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I agree, Ive seen them all and dont want to stop now, its like "Lost", but this was the first episode in a long time where I was laughing the whole way through

Meh..the Barny doppleganger was awesome, but you know, I can't even remember if Ted had a storyline.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff

Great episode IMO.  I was laughing the whole way through it.  Untill the end.  What are people saying about it being bad?

I've read where people are saying that the whole countdown was in poor taste because of what it lead to, or that the death of Marshall's father from a heart attack shouldn't have been so abrupt at the very end of the episode.

In my opinion, I thought it was a great episode.  I didn't know the title was "Bad News" beforehand, so I was even more stunned by the end, although I definitely had a bad feeling when the phone wasn't answered.  Also, I noticed numbers randomly throughout the episode, but didn't pick up on it that it was a countdown to something.

For the people that complained that the announcement of Marshall's father's death was to abrupt, that unfortunately is how life works sometimes.  My father suffered a heart attack years ago out of the blue and I came very close to losing him.  My family was lucky, because he pulled through.  Many other families aren't as lucky.

I think the episode was put together very well, and I'm looking forward to see how the show goes from here.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 04:07:29 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The best part about the show is we've already met the mother.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff

How so?  Did I miss something?

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Didn't like the death and a little tired of waiting for the mother. Enjoy it well enough but needs a name change.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Let's see if anyone can guess the episode.

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 04:23:29 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574

I'm guessing they're both secretly gay and it Marshall. Okay I'm one of the people who haven't watched the show and don't know what you're taling about.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 04:26:21 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff

Well I remember the episode where he was dating the roommate, and then we saw the back of the "mother" as she was walking into her room, and I also vaguely remember a party that they were at and he said the mother was at the party, but he never met her.  I don't know if she was shown or not.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Well I remember the episode where he was dating the roommate, and then we saw the back of the "mother" as she was walking into her room, and I also vaguely remember a party that they were at and he said the mother was at the party, but he never met her.  I don't know if she was shown or not.

The second one is the right episode and we do actually see her. I'm curious if anyone can remember the moment.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 05:30:21 PM »

Offline 16Bannaz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 18

The second one is the right episode and we do actually see her. I'm curious if anyone can remember the moment.

It's the girl he bumped in to. The "bump girl" as she's known by HIMYM fans. But, I believe that it's been disproven by the creators