Author Topic: Family Guy  (Read 22119 times)

Family Guy
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:35:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Post thoughts on where "The Clam" actually is here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Family Guy
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Just discovered Hulu.  Pretty amazingly clear video, free and basically w/o out commercials (1 12 second Verizon as)

This was one of the best Family Guys I've seen in a long time

http://www.hulu.com/watch/64995/family-guy-not-all-dogs-go-to-heaven
Yup

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:20:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
The BEST recurring family jokes are the ones where Brian actually acts like a dog. I almost peed my pants when he begged Meg not to throw the cross, then refused to give it back while he chewed on it.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 08:23:51 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
The BEST recurring family jokes are the ones where Brian actually acts like a dog. I almost peed my pants when he begged Meg not to throw the cross, then refused to give it back while he chewed on it.

Yup, that was good stuff.  This episode relied less on the oddball "sort of reminds of the time when..." schtick and more on an actual plot lines (both of which were amusing).
Yup

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 08:37:06 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I like the reoccurring joke of Cleveland and his bathtub. Makes me laugh every time.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:44:59 PM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 09:15:17 PM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
i like the random Kobe Bryant rapist scenes that always pop up randomly ;D
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
i like the random Kobe Bryant rapist scenes that always pop up randomly ;D

"Kobe brand condoms.  The protection you want for the sex she doesn't."
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 09:42:40 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I thought this was really funny - too bad fox banned it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TltqAH_fwPQ

it will be removed from youtube soon - watch it while you can

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:08 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Last night's episode was beyond epic. Much better than that overrated Star Wars crap.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I have been extremely disappointed with Family Guy as of late.  The one two weeks ago enraged my heart and soul.  I am talking about when they cut into the country guy singing, "And ladies and gentleman, here is _________" then you got some guy from a show that looks like it was made in the 70s singing some country song.  Now, they have had that a few times and I can deal with.  Don't really find it funny, but I can deal 30 seconds of it.  But on the episode a couple of weeks ago, they had like 5 minutes of this guy singing!  Seriously, even if anyone thought it was funny, it's not funny for 5 minutes!!!  It's like they just gave up and thought, 'we have no joke so we're just going to insert this and let it be'.  It p---ed me off soooo much and it literally turned me off from watching Family Guy ever again.  I am the guy that saw the episodes when if first came out thought it was the funniest cartoon since South Park and The Simpsons, but now I have no motivation to watch it at all.

Whew!  Thanks.  I need it to vent that one off.  It's been kept inside of me for two weeks now so I needed that.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 10:15:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I have been extremely disappointed with Family Guy as of late.  The one two weeks ago enraged my heart and soul.  I am talking about when they cut into the country guy singing, "And ladies and gentleman, here is _________" then you got some guy from a show that looks like it was made in the 70s singing some country song.  Now, they have had that a few times and I can deal with.  Don't really find it funny, but I can deal 30 seconds of it.  But on the episode a couple of weeks ago, they had like 5 minutes of this guy singing!  Seriously, even if anyone thought it was funny, it's not funny for 5 minutes!!!  It's like they just gave up and thought, 'we have no joke so we're just going to insert this and let it be'.  It ****ed me off soooo much and it literally turned me off from watching Family Guy ever again.  I am the guy that saw the episodes when if first came out thought it was the funniest cartoon since South Park and The Simpsons, but now I have no motivation to watch it at all.

Whew!  Thanks.  I need it to vent that one off.  It's been kept inside of me for two weeks now so I needed that.

Apparently you have a grudge against one of america's most beloved entertainers, conway twitty.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 10:16:47 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I have been extremely disappointed with Family Guy as of late.  The one two weeks ago enraged my heart and soul.  I am talking about when they cut into the country guy singing, "And ladies and gentleman, here is _________" then you got some guy from a show that looks like it was made in the 70s singing some country song.  Now, they have had that a few times and I can deal with.  Don't really find it funny, but I can deal 30 seconds of it.  But on the episode a couple of weeks ago, they had like 5 minutes of this guy singing!  Seriously, even if anyone thought it was funny, it's not funny for 5 minutes!!!  It's like they just gave up and thought, 'we have no joke so we're just going to insert this and let it be'.  It ****ed me off soooo much and it literally turned me off from watching Family Guy ever again.  I am the guy that saw the episodes when if first came out thought it was the funniest cartoon since South Park and The Simpsons, but now I have no motivation to watch it at all.

It really enraged your heart and soul? Whoa. Here's a TP to calm yourself down.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 10:38:22 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-7tqcLup08

that is my favorite family guy joke ever.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 10:42:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

It really enraged your heart and soul? Whoa. Here's a TP to calm yourself down.

One of their favorite things is to beat a dead horse to the point of discomfort
Yup

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Last night's episode was beyond epic. Much better than that overrated Star Wars crap.

Was last nights the one I posted?  Star Trek and Meg's religion?
Yup