Author Topic: House (TV Show)  (Read 15999 times)

Re: House (TV Show)
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03:47 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I thought the episode was great.  I may have had lower expectations based on some of the disapointment stated in here, but I thought it was good.

I was hoping (and still hope) this isnt some sort of delusion or dream, because that gets tiresome.

That being said, I liked seeing the vulnerability and growth of houses character.  I liked that he could 'solve' a case without the drugs or the team.  And after the carnival, I was not expecting the little twist, so that certainly was good.  All in all, I was laughing a fair amount during the episode, I think a bit more in the first hour then the second, but never the less, a funny episode to me. 

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 10:17:22 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Just finished watching last night's episode, and I really enjoyed it.

I'm glad that the psychiatrist is still around, he's a really good actor. I wonder what House's new role will be when he returns to work, since Foreman is now boss... at least I'm assuming it will be so. 13 got fired too, and nosejob quit... I wonder what's going to happen now since the catalyst for all of this was House departure, so him returning should have some effects on those decisions.

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

I'm glad that the psychiatrist is still around, he's a really good actor. I wonder what House's new role will be when he returns to work, since Foreman is now boss... at least I'm assuming it will be so. 13 got fired too, and nosejob quit... I wonder what's going to happen now since the catalyst for all of this was House departure, so him returning should have some effects on those decisions.

I think House will step back in as Boss, Foreman will complain, 13 will get rehired by House (or he will attempt, she may resist bc of Foreman), Nosejob will probably be back also.

but anyway, I thought the episode was enjoyable.  not as funny as they usually are, but I loved the cooking scenes. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 11:13:37 AM by yall hate »

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2009, 01:30:16 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
He should rehire Cameron.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2009, 01:36:08 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I think House will step back in as Boss, Foreman will complain, 13 will get rehired by House (or he will attempt, she may resist bc of Foreman), Nosejob will probably be back also.

but anyway, I thought the episode was enjoyable.  not as funny as they usually are, but I loved the cooking scenes. 

Certainly not as funny, but there were some good moments... like the cooking scenes as you said, with the foreign chick, and the p---ing scene. It was also kinda funny how House moved form one house chore to another.

From what I hear, this might be her final season.

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2009, 01:45:32 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

It wouldnt be a surprise.  They have essentially whittled down her character's impact on the show with each episode.  It seems she has an obligatory minute or 2 of tv time each episode and thats it.

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2009, 01:52:13 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

That sucks.  Her and Chase are the only two I really liked.  The old episodes with the original 3 were way better than the recent ones.  If he hired the two of them back, I think the show would be way better.  And then if he rehired 13, it'd be kinda cool cause he'd have 2 couples on his team.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2009, 02:33:50 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Looks like you might get your wish in the next episode though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_MsiRNZeE4

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42:48 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Another great episode.

Didn't think Chase would have the cajones to do what he did...and it certainly seems like that issue isnt going away.

Glad 13 had the self respect to get up at dinner - should be interesting to see what happens with her, as it appears House tries to get her back on the team next week.

As for House - he is 'slipping' back into old patterns a bit, 'breaking in', doing investigative work, etc...but yet he didnt touch the drugs the Canadian supposedly had.  I loved the Dexterish needle stick to the Canadian. 

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 03:31:01 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Excellent episode all around.  Loved it.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Completely agree, loved the episode. I'm glad the old team is back for the time being, they have been quite solid. I've been quite supportive of the change of the group, but it's nice to have them back.

House was awesome, and I love his new personality. He's pretty much the same, but different if you know what I mean. I loved the scenes during differential with him acting like a school kid and then as if playing charades or something.

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2009, 11:01:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Simply, one of the best starts to a season this year of my favorite shows. Dexter has been sluggish and most of the sitcoms are all a dime a dozen when it comes to their episodes. But the season premier and this episode were just excellent. I really never thought Chase had the guts to kill the president. I thought for sure it was his wife. Great plot twist and very good continuing side sub plot.

And please, oh please, don't ever let the Cutty/House sexual tension end. Bringing them together would end some of the best comedic parts pf the show with the jabs back and forth between those two.

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2009, 11:08:01 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Simply, one of the best starts to a season this year of my favorite shows. Dexter has been sluggish and most of the sitcoms are all a dime a dozen when it comes to their episodes. But the season premier and this episode were just excellent. I really never thought Chase had the guts to kill the president. I thought for sure it was his wife. Great plot twist and very good continuing side sub plot.

And please, oh please, don't ever let the Cutty/House sexual tension end. Bringing them together would end some of the best comedic parts pf the show with the jabs back and forth between those two.

Yeah, as the writers are still killing it. I wonder if Nose is gone for good? I like his character and hope he comes back.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Who knows, think any chance that Chase is covering for his wife?  Could be another upcoming plot twist.

Good stuff so far definitely.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2009, 01:06:03 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

Who knows, think any chance that Chase is covering for his wife?  Could be another upcoming plot twist.

Good stuff so far definitely.

I dont think so...She doesnt have what it takes to do that.  I think there is no doubt that Chase did it, but I am looking forward to whatever the fall out is.