Author Topic: House (TV Show)  (Read 15997 times)

House (TV Show)
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:34:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Post thoughts on the size of House's ego here.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: House (TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I'm not sure if anybody watches this show, but tonight's episode was the best one in a long time.  Both story lines were pretty compelling, I thought.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I watch House reruns on Sunday evening.  You know, to cure end-of-weekend-itis.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:04:20 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I'm not sure if anybody watches this show, but tonight's episode was the best one in a long time.  Both story lines were pretty compelling, I thought.

Love the show - but sadly, FOX can't be bothered to post the stream until 8 days after broadcast, so I'll be in the dark about tonight's episode until then...glad to hear it was a good one though.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:34 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
All I can say is wow, totally unexpected, but I didn't really like this episode at all.

It's funny, I complain when episodes are too fake, when everything works together too well, and the random plot twists are just too far fetched.  But then with an episode like tonight, where you have something completely unexpected and unfortunate happen with no explanation and it's just like real life then I don't like it either.  I guess I'm just never happy.  :-\ 

I love House, but didn't really like this episode.  I am curious to see where it goes from here though.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:48 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

very shocking...I dont think there was any indication that they were going to go that way...

That being said, that is 2 former competitors in the competition who are now dead.  13 is on her way there as well.  could be time for a new team soon.

I wasnt completely pleased with the story line outside of Kutner.  the patients were annoying...and what is this, the 47 episode where a spouse cheated on the other to the detriment of their health?

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 10:47:55 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572

very shocking...I dont think there was any indication that they were going to go that way...

That being said, that is 2 former competitors in the competition who are now dead.  13 is on her way there as well.  could be time for a new team soon.

I wasnt completely pleased with the story line outside of Kutner.  the patients were annoying...and what is this, the 47 episode where a spouse cheated on the other to the detriment of their health?

You know, my wife keep pointing that out to me, for some strange reason. ???

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 10:56:13 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Obviously something had to be going on behind the scenes with this one.  You just don't kill off main characters midseason with no story build up or anything.  Kal Penn left to work for Obama if anybody really cares to know so that's why his character was killed off so quickly and abrubtly:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/house-exclusive.html
http://movies.rediff.com/look/2009/apr/07/kal-penn-to-join-politics.htm

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 11:31:46 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Obviously something had to be going on behind the scenes with this one.  You just don't kill off main characters midseason with no story build up or anything.  Kal Penn left to work for Obama if anybody really cares to know so that's why his character was killed off so quickly and abrubtly:

Good for Penn that he is giving up a high paying job to take one doing something that he wants to do, public service.  I liked his character, so I wish it hadnt happened, but I am at least glad he had a reason for leaving rather then something like a fight with a cast member or legal problem...

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 12:42:28 PM »

Offline Stu

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 44

TP for passing along the inside scoop.  I wondered what could have precipitated such a hasty exit.

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I haven't seen the episode yet (havent gotten to it on DVR). I knew there would be spoilers in this thread but I just...couldnt....stop ...reading! I liked Kal Pen in that role but thought they could have written him a bit funnier. I still cant tell who else died from this thread but I am going to stop reading and go watch.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Man, did any of you watch last night's finale? It was amazing. The last 5 or 6 episodes of this season have been quite awesome.

Oh, and I need to get House to throw me a bachelor party.

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 03:51:25 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Oh, and I need to get House to throw me a bachelor party.

TP for being in my mind !! :D

Amazing last episode ... Can`t wait for season 6

It`s going to be a very long summer.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 04:14:02 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I DVR'd the last episode and to my dismay the recording finished before the episode ended! I'm sure I didn't miss much but... what a twist for a the finale! I'm psyched for next season.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 04:21:19 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Okay so maybe I'm not that bright, but did he just imagine the whole detox, nailing Cutty night?