Author Topic: Supernatural  (Read 10774 times)

Supernatural
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:31:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
post thoughts on supernatural here

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Supernatural
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:24:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Anyone here watches this show? I think it's really good, and probably one of the more underrated shows on tv at the moment (probably because of the network). From all accounts, this show's budget keeps getting cut, but they still manage to put out some real quality stuff out there. I myself don't like the brotherly love aspect, but the plot is quite good... and at times it can get really funny.

The series returned two weeks ago.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:34:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
never missed one, but I think the current plot line is what the spaniards call el terriblay

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:22:20 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
never missed one, but I think the current plot line is what the spaniards call el terriblay

'Terrible'. Yeah, this latest arc isn't the best, it gets quite melodramatic at times, and I'm not caring much for all these seals. But I think there'll be a good payoff somewhere.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Where is this all even going? Will someone please explain what's gonna happen if Sam becomes superdemon? 1st Season: made sense. They were chasing their father. Second season: Made sense..they were chasing the demon, figuring out the special kids, etc...Third season: Made sense...they were dealing with all the stuff about demons getting out of hell, and we meet lilth...

Fourth season: Dean is outta hell for some kinda angels and demons show down..we haven't seen lilith in like 8 epis, and how does all of this even end?? This show needs some direction.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:38:17 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I think the show writers know where they are going with this, they simply haven't revealed it to us for whatever reason. This season is mainly about Sam's and Dean's trust issues, and considering that the Angels clearly have some hidden agenda, they can't lay out the plans for us just yet, since it plays right into the trust theme of the season. For now, be content with preventing Satan from being released upon the world.

By the way, show was picked up for another season.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Did you watch the latest episode? I think this should satisfy some of your plot curiosities.

We learn that there's a rebelious faction with the Angels, and that God might not be the one sending the orders at the moment. Sam is somehow half vampire at the moment... will he become a full fledge demon if he continues this way?

We learn some important things about Dean, on how he became the first broken seal and why he was rescued. I would've loved to see some scene of him toturing his father though.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Did you watch the latest episode? I think this should satisfy some of your plot curiosities.

We learn that there's a rebelious faction with the Angels, and that God might not be the one sending the orders at the moment. Sam is somehow half vampire at the moment... will he become a full fledge demon if he continues this way?

We learn some important things about Dean, on how he became the first broken seal and why he was rescued. I would've loved to see some scene of him toturing his father though.

But he whooped on Alistair (I do love the demon's names on this show), so Sam can't be just a demon, right?

I think we're gonna see yellow eyes at some point to tie it all together.

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
season finale tonight!

Time for dean to save the world!

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
season finale tonight!

Anyone else thinking this should kinda gets worse every episode?

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 06:38:06 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
season finale tonight!

Anyone else thinking this should kinda gets worse every episode?

The ratings are solid and the reviews are always really high. So no.

This is the most epic season so far. I mean there are Angels telling dean he has to stop the devil from rising.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 12:58:36 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I agree with vagrantwade... I really liked this season. So, what did you guys think of the finale? I knew Ruby was hiding something, but I never thought it would be this. So, is Satan now on the loose for real? I'm not sure if they'll manage to pull that off, I would guess he'd be too overpowered, unless he being in "prison" for so long it might've weakened him.

I'm interested with what's going to happen to Sam now, since he seems to think that he's changed forever after drinking all that demon blood. It's time for a battle royale.

On related news, starting fall Smallville won't be leading Supernatural anymore on Thurdays. A new series called "Vampire Diaries" will as Smallville was moved to Fridays. I wonder what this will do for the ratings. Looking around, some good shows are moving for to Thurdays from other networks so the night is going to be competition heavy.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
The show just made way more sense to me when they were chasing yellow eyes...then it made sense when they were tracking down other children of yellow eyes

But then here's the thing....yellow eyes, he had to create X amounts of kids...then Sam has to kill Yellow Eyes, do all this other stuff, then go with ruby, stay on on Lilith's tail then kill lilith only to find out that lilithe actually wanted to die, and since Sam is a junkie now Satan is free and it was all a trap?

I mean its all just "ah-ha! It was my plan all along!"...kinda a "Deux Ex Machina" ending for me.

Maybe its because supernatural was my 3rd or 4th favorite show this year, I just expected a lot of it. See: My whining about Chuck.

FTR, this season it went

#4-Life on Mars-well done. Very well done.
#3-Supernatural
#2-Chuck
#1-Life. This show is so underappreciated it's criminal. And its criminal it was canceled. You ever see actors you really like that you know are gonna end up doing bad roles cuz its the only role they can get, despite the fact that you know they have the chops and ability to be a powerful character in a very good project? Damien Lewis is like #2 or #3 on that list for me. He's up there with Peter Sarsguard and Kevin McKidd (Lucious from Rome, and Tommy from Trainspotting)

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 01:13:27 PM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
I didn't expect what happened in the finale. Ruby, Ruby, Ruby...who'd have thought? I mean, I also knew she was up to something but never that. I have no idea what they're going to do with this but I remember feeling the same way at the end of least season when Dean ended up in hell. I had no idea how they were going to work that one out but they managed. I'm interested to see how they're going to handle this one.

Ditto on the Thursday competition...my DVR will probably get more use than usual on that night this season.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Yeah, I know where you're coming from IP. I don't let it bother me too much because as much as I like the plot, I think my main draw is the character interaction... they have some good comedy in there and the ability of the show to parady the genre and poke fun at itself. We'll see where it goes next season, but admitedly this show should conclude soon and I've heard as much from the creator if not mistaken.

As for shows this season, here were my favorites in no particular order:

#1-Life. Completely agree with you. Awesome show.

#2-NCIS. Really this is my favorite procedural show, with an amazing character interaction and the plot is pretty good for a procedural.

#3-Fringe. Come on, any show that mentions Len Bias it's an instant winner.

#4-Supernatural.

#5-House. I don't know if many agree with me, but this was one of my favorite seasons, especially in the last 8 episodes or so.

#6-24