Author Topic: 24 (TV Show)  (Read 35883 times)

Re: 24 (TV Show)
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
And I'm saying there are only so many things you can do. They're professional writers and get killer ratings every year. It just ruins the thread when someone inevitably brings up the "it's been done" angle. We get that it has. Whatever.

I apologize for ruining your enjoyment of the thread.  I guess if you didn't like the comment, you could have not responded to it, which would have stopped any discussion of the repetitive nature of the show.  as a variant to what you said, stop reading.  I will attempt to censure my feelings about a show, in a thread about that show.  nothing but positive comments about 24 from here on out, to ensure that the thread isnt ruined. 

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So I didn't see "24: Redemption" so could someone fill me in on who Jon Voight is and what his whole history with this is? It's an important pece of this year's puzzle that I think I might be missing out on.

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2009, 12:08:12 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
And I'm saying there are only so many things you can do. They're professional writers and get killer ratings every year. It just ruins the thread when someone inevitably brings up the "it's been done" angle. We get that it has. Whatever.

I apologize for ruining your enjoyment of the thread.  I guess if you didn't like the comment, you could have not responded to it, which would have stopped any discussion of the repetitive nature of the show.  as a variant to what you said, stop reading.  I will attempt to censure my feelings about a show, in a thread about that show.  nothing but positive comments about 24 from here on out, to ensure that the thread isnt ruined. 

Awesome, thanks

So I didn't see "24: Redemption" so could someone fill me in on who Jon Voight is and what his whole history with this is? It's an important pece of this year's puzzle that I think I might be missing out on.

I don't remember the specifics, but I checked wikipedia and he definitely was in it. Here's the page for 24: Redemption

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Redemption

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The last great 24 moment was when Logan turned out to not be a bumbling fool. That was brilliant. A one and a half season setup, showing him to be incompetent when he was really playing everyone.

The current season is entertaining, but the torture debates are heavy-handed.

« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
A summary of this season so far...

"Oh I just came upon a major breakthrough that has earth-shattering implications!"... DEAD!

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2009, 12:39:56 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

"Oh I just came upon a major breakthrough that has earth-shattering implications!"... DEAD!

The whole fight at the end of the episode was borderline hilarious.

Driving a bulldozer and knocking over the trailer and then a screwdriver (or whatever it was) right in the chest?

I'm sorry.... but this show has turned ridiculous but I keep finding myself entertained and still watch.  ;D

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

The whole fight at the end of the episode was borderline hilarious.

Driving a bulldozer and knocking over the trailer and then a screwdriver (or whatever it was) right in the chest?

I'm sorry.... but this show has turned ridiculous but I keep finding myself entertained and still watch.  ;D

I also like how he didn't miss a beat, bulling the screwdriver out of the guys chest, and used it to start the truck.  Is it really THAT easy to start a truck with a screwdriver?  Really?

And I agree, it is still immensely entertaining.  I think it has lost its "watch the DVD straight through, since you can't stand the suspense" quality.  But it is still immensely entertaining TV, even if its because its so over the top.

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2009, 01:16:44 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
****** SPOILER ALERT IF YOU DVR'd IT ********

(Although why are you in this thread anyway???)

i don't know about you guys, but i honestly didn't see Red getting popped like that.  my wife, who doesn't watch the show, but was in the room for that episode reading a mag, said she saw it coming (or course she also thought Janine Garafolo was talking directly to the assasin).

but that was a genuine holy sh*t moment for me.  haven't had one of those since Tony showed up at the beginning.  That's what will keep me watching.

PS - was i that dumb to not see that coming, or was anyone else surprised??

« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2009, 01:34:17 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

i don't know about you guys, but i honestly didn't see Red getting popped like that.  my wife, who doesn't watch the show, but was in the room for that episode reading a mag, said she saw it coming (or course she also thought Janine Garafolo was talking directly to the assasin).

but that was a genuine holy sh*t moment for me.  haven't had one of those since Tony showed up at the beginning.  That's what will keep me watching.

It didn't cross my mind either, but they set it up that way.  The scene just before he gets killed was the FBI offices sending people to his house.  You naturally would assume it is them.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

It didn't cross my mind either, but they set it up that way.  The scene just before he gets killed was the FBI offices sending people to his house.  You naturally would assume it is them.

Haha.  I saw it coming, and was thinking that Jack was an idiot for 1) going along with Senator Red's plan, and 2) letting him answer the door without at least verifying who it was.  That didn't seem like a very Jack-like move.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2009, 09:58:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
24 without Jack...  just isn't as good.  Lots of interesting stuff happened, and the end was sort of cool, but it wasn't nearly as compelling without Jack center stage.

Hopefully, Jack develops some sort of super immunity to the biological weapon soon, and gets back to kicking butt.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2009, 10:21:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
24 without Jack...  just isn't as good.  Lots of interesting stuff happened, and the end was sort of cool, but it wasn't nearly as compelling without Jack center stage.

Hopefully, Jack develops some sort of super immunity to the biological weapon soon, and gets back to kicking butt.
Actually tonight's episode was soooo predictable as to be bad comedy rather than drama. And you are right Jack, non jackcentric episodes just lack that oomph that gives the show its appeal.

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2009, 10:24:45 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

Jack isnt going anywhere...they will either find a cure on the base, torture someone on the base to tell them the cure, or miraculously discover a cure. 

the whole daughter being cheif of staff is kind of silly.  what was it, like 2 hours ago her mom hadnt talked to her in how long.  now all of a sudden the mom is listening to everything she says.  great.

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2009, 10:30:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Decent filler episode, keeps the story going.

Slater with the double cross on Tony was pretty funny to watch.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2009, 10:31:54 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Love how people are calling him senator red... to bad he's dead.

and jack can not and will not die. he is superhuman, like chuck norris
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-