Author Topic: 24 (TV Show)  (Read 35786 times)

Re: 24 (TV Show)
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Haha.  The warlord's girlfriend's sister is going to ruin everything.  What a bizarre story line.

Walker (aka, Freckles) needs to take some lessons from Jack as to how to put the fear of God into somebody.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 10:22:25 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Kind of silly that when Jack was fighting the dirty agent in the ally, jacks gun was right behind the agent and he chose to continue the knife fight rather then go for the gun (and since he knocked the gun out of jacks hands earlier, I am sure he would know it was there).

Also, they would never have blown up the car without being SURE he wasnt in there.  Since there secondary motive all along has been to find out who else in Songaila was with him, I find it hard to believe they would take that risk.

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Jack is slipping a little.  Old Jack would've double tap head-shot'ed that last guy, leaving him no way of getting a shot of his own off.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2009, 05:46:06 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Walker (aka, Freckles) needs to take some lessons from Jack as to how to put the fear of God into somebody.

She's coming along alright... and remember my truism from post #9:

If everyone agreed with Jack all the time, the show would just be called "4".

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Jack is slipping a little.  Old Jack would've double tap head-shot'ed that last guy, leaving him no way of getting a shot of his own off.

the old Jack would have thrown his gun at the last guy, knocking him out and enabling Jack to torture him.  new Jack is a wimp.

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 06:11:36 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Why do they always try to make a bad guy seem "human".

Can't a bad guy just be a bad guy and leave it at that?

Where are they going with this waitress storyline? Just another notch for Jack's torture bedpost?

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Why do they always try to make a bad guy seem "human".

Can't a bad guy just be a bad guy and leave it at that?

Where are they going with this waitress storyline? Just another notch for Jack's torture bedpost?

well it gives them more 'drama'.

based on the previews for next week, it seems like he is going to try and kill her sister, jack is going to be there first, setting up some sort of firefight...

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 10:24:52 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Ugh... not the best episode.  The mole being revealed wasn't enough to carry an otherwise uneventful hour.

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2009, 11:30:20 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I disagree, I thought it was a good episode. Given, it was a transitional episode to setup the next one, but as far as that goes I thought this did a good job. We get to see Aaron back, I thought the President had some good scenes in this one, and most importantly I thought that the way they revealed the mole was well done. I'm sure they fooled a lot of people with the misdirection.

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 11:33:33 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I disagree, I thought it was a good episode. Given, it was a transitional episode to setup the next one, but as far as that goes I thought this did a good job. We get to see Aaron back, I thought the President had some good scenes in this one, and most importantly I thought that the way they revealed the mole was well done. I'm sure they fooled a lot of people with the misdirection.

Yeah, agreed.  I thought that this was one of the stronger episodes of the season.  There wasn't a lot of gun play, but there was quite a bit of tension.  Having Chloe directly at the FBI should lead to some interesting interplay between her and J.G.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
There wasn't a lot of gun play...
>:(

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 09:45:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Okay...  Agent Walker officially sucks.  Jack has the right idea.  "Then quit".  I mean, seriously, that's some weak sauce, bursting into tears over some civilian she's known for two hours, when Jack just managed to save the entire free world.

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 09:56:28 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
And seriously...  the President has to "think about it" regarding putting a good word in on Jack's behalf?  Why the heck wouldn't she just pardon him?

It'll be interesting to see what direction they go in now.  (And I still don't get why there's such animosity between Jack and Tony.)

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Okay...  Agent Walker officially sucks.  Jack has the right idea.  "Then quit".  I mean, seriously, that's some weak sauce, bursting into tears over some civilian she's known for two hours, when Jack just managed to save the entire free world.

Well, I can still find some redeeming qualities with Agent Walker....   ;)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 10:51:10 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Well, I can still find some redeeming qualities with Agent Walker....   ;)

Haha.  She's still whiny.