Author Topic: 24 (TV Show)  (Read 35892 times)

Re: 24 (TV Show)
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2009, 05:56:12 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Well, it's time to save Kim once again. Love Jack beating the crap out of Almeida... I could watch him do that for a full hour, why didn't they?

Season finale next week, 2 hours.
I kinda liked this season until this save Kim storyline came into play. I'm not a fan of the coerce Bauer storylines.

I pretty much agree... let's see what comes out of it though. But, I think this is probably the best season since season 4. Aside from Agent Walker though, they failed to make us care about any of the characters. I don't think anyone cares for the President or her daughter. I thought the First Gentleman was a cool character, but he went away early in the season. But I think the season has been quite entertaining with some good moments.

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2009, 06:07:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Well, it's time to save Kim once again. Love Jack beating the crap out of Almeida... I could watch him do that for a full hour, why didn't they?

Season finale next week, 2 hours.
I kinda liked this season until this save Kim storyline came into play. I'm not a fan of the coerce Bauer storylines.

Agreed.  I hate the Kim story line.  She adds nothing other than being the perpetual (idiotic) damsel in distress.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Reminder:  the season finale started at 8:00 EST tonight.

Cool idea: use Jack as a replacement for the bio-weapon.  No idea if that holds up scientifically, but at least it wasn't 100% predictable.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Very good finale, other than the stupid stem cell thing.  They're going to be able to administer an experimental cure to Jack in, what, under two hours, when he's at an advanced stage of illness?  His doctor was just about to administer morphine, now they're going to synthesize this miracle cure?

But, other than that (fairly minor) departure from common sense, I liked the episode.  I just wish the writers had explored some of the themes more.  There were a few weak episodes down the stretch, followed by the finale cramming a lot of good stuff into 90 minutes.

I'll be watching next year.

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2009, 10:01:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, that was...uhhh...hmmm....I really don't know how to describe that.  

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2009, 01:09:48 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Very good finale, other than the stupid stem cell thing.  They're going to be able to administer an experimental cure to Jack in, what, under two hours, when he's at an advanced stage of illness?  His doctor was just about to administer morphine, now they're going to synthesize this miracle cure?

But, other than that (fairly minor) departure from common sense, I liked the episode.  I just wish the writers had explored some of the themes more.  There were a few weak episodes down the stretch, followed by the finale cramming a lot of good stuff into 90 minutes.

Yep, I agree for the most part. The finale needed more Jack ass kicking though. I loved when he killed all the doctors... might've been the best exchange of the season.

Looks like Walker is going to invoke her inner Bauer from now on. Will be interested to see where they're going with the character. Reading around, the show will be moving to New York, so certainly not all the characters will be making the move. Will Walker? Some have hinted at a possible interest for Jack, plus it will be nice for him to have someone he trusts on the field with him for a change.

I thought the President was a complete you know what at the end, but her daughter deserved it. Still feel sorry for the dad though... he was a cool character that needed more screen time in the series. Reports say there's a new chief of staff for the next season, and I wonder what the fallout of this mess will be with the President since she still seems to be in power. Hopefull Henry shows up at some point.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:59:42 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500

Yep, I agree for the most part. The finale needed more Jack ass kicking though. I loved when he killed all the doctors... might've been the best exchange of the season.

Looks like Walker is going to invoke her inner Bauer from now on. Will be interested to see where they're going with the character. Reading around, the show will be moving to New York, so certainly not all the characters will be making the move. Will Walker? Some have hinted at a possible interest for Jack, plus it will be nice for him to have someone he trusts on the field with him for a change.

I thought the President was a complete **** at the end, but her daughter deserved it. Still feel sorry for the dad though... he was a cool character that needed more screen time in the series. Reports say there's a new chief of staff for the next season, and I wonder what the fallout of this mess will be with the President since she still seems to be in power. Hopefull Henry shows up at some point.

I actually didn't like the finale as much as you guys did. As a 24 fan, I'm used to seeing closure from one season to another, this season was not that. I don't really like how nothing major was really answered in the two hour finale.

Also, the season changed so much throughout. I feel like the whole Sudan situation was three seasons ago when in actually it was about 10 hours ago in their time.

The scene in the airport when the one guys shot like 10 security guards was way over the top. And what are the odds that she sits down next to those two people to begin with. And how did they know she was going to the airport?

Also, when those guys went in to get Bauer after Tony tied him up, they didnt check to see if he was armed or had a bomb strapped to him or anything first? Youd think that by the way that guy was protected, they would do that.

I still liked the season overall and will watch next year, but it was definitely not one of my favorites.

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2009, 02:11:18 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Erm, are you forgetting when Jack's wife was killed in the finale? When Jack was taken by the Chinese in the finale?

As for your other complaints, I don't see how you can think something is over the top when you have a character like Jack Bauer, taking on at times what seems like whole armies by himself. In the scheme of things, I think your complaints are quite minor things.

« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
When I finished watching it my wife asked me how I liked it. I told here I didn't know. I just really wasn't sure if I liked it or hated it. I hated the whole Tony is a bad guy but really a good guy that is blinded by revenge for his wife's killer storyline because we all know it was not just one man that was responsible for that. But he went out of his way to kill this one guy. Made no sense to me.

I hated the President from the time she forced Jack to open the doors to the safe room at the White House. If she let her daughter die I think she makes a much better character and they could have played out the whole White House under attack for about another 4-5 episodes. In this manner a whole lot of the bad Tony crap at the end with the daughter "accidently" having Hodges killed could have been averted and Jack wouldn't be trying to save the world while getting to a critical stage while then being miraculously given cutting edge technology surgical procedures at the very end to live.