Author Topic: Celtics (35-9) at Magic (33-8)  (Read 39915 times)

Re: Celtics (35-9) at Magic (33-8 )
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Gary Payton is a moron, Kenny just made a good point when talking about performing under pressure vs. no pressure, comparing it to shooting a bow and arrow on a table and on someones head from the same distance. in response Gary says, "but you don't know how to shoot a bow and arrow so it don't matter!".  >:( >:(

i thought it was kinda funny, but yeah he definetly did interupt him and completely ruin the point.

Both CWebb and Kenny made great points.

IMO I think the All-Star is for individual performances, so the teams record shouldnt matter.

If we wanna talk about great players being great leaders and driving their team to win on both ends of the floor, then we should be talking about the MVP award not the all star game.

I agree, but in that scenario PP and Ray aren't All-Stars.

It would be Joe Johnson, and Danny Granger.

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 09:43:17 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I hate how the commentators are trying to use the Magics long rest as a crutch for them.

It's not them it's us.

We are playing excellent defense.

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Wow, what's the name of that jackass ref? He's horrible.

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Gary Payton is a moron, Kenny just made a good point when talking about performing under pressure vs. no pressure, comparing it to shooting a bow and arrow on a table and on someones head from the same distance. in response Gary says, "but you don't know how to shoot a bow and arrow so it don't matter!".  >:( >:(

i thought it was kinda funny, but yeah he definetly did interupt him and completely ruin the point.

IMO I think the All-Star is for individual performances, so the teams record shouldnt matter.

If we wanna talk about great players being great leaders and driving their team to win on both ends of the floor, then we should be talking about the MVP award not the all star game.

I agree, but in that scenario PP and Ray aren't All-Stars.

It would be Joe Johnson, and Danny Granger.

Good point, but then shouldnt Paul and Ray be starters?  Allen Iverson and Dwayne Wade certainly dont meet those requirements then.

Im not trying to say you guys are wrong or anything, I just think that with the way the NBA has the all star selection set up, that ultimately stats are what its based on.  Thats why the fans votes come first.  

The most deserving award that cant be won with padded stats or popularity is the MVP award.

When it comes down to it, Im argueing black, youre argueing white, and the correct answer is the grey area.
Greg

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2009, 09:45:23 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Come on Perk. Block that shot!!!!!!!!!!!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2009, 09:45:32 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Refs really trying hard to get the Magic back into the game.

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Come on Perk. Block that shot!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I really thought he did block that one, and when I saw it go in, that was my first reaction, that he needs to get to that.

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:32 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I hate how the commentators are trying to use the Magics long rest as a crutch for them.

It's not them it's us.

Yeah no kidding.  Not to mention that we're on a back to back, if anyone has an excuse card they should be able to pull out, its us.
Greg

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:47 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
KG's jumpshot is so off lately...and these refs are gonna make me puke
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2009, 09:49:59 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

the other night when we were blowing out the nets i beleive brook lopez put up 20+ points, is that an impressive performance even though he did it against reserves and there was nothing to lose from him underperforming? thats what happens when you play on a bad team, you put up big numbers against reserves when no matter how many you score the game can't be won.

I see  what youre saying but Brook Lopez wont put up 20 points every night so I think thats a bad example.

Do you think Al Jefferson would deserve to be an all star?  I certainly would.

i was basing it on that one night, i'm not saying he could be considered an all-star. but from the perspective of individual performance, you could say he had a good one, i'd say it wasn't anything.

and yes Al Jefferson is an all-star, the wolves may not have the best record or winning their division, but they are playing in some close games and big Al is a major part of that

« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »

• Don Chaney
WOW I CANT BELIEVE THESE REFS, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, TICKY TACK FOULS, ONLY REASON WE'RE NOT BLOWING THE MAGIC OUT
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2009, 09:50:51 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191

It's not them it's us.

I switched to WEEI in the first quarter.

Max: "The greatest shooter in the world just missed a free throw!"

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
god perk, at least try to aim the shot. its like he's just throwing it up to say he tried.

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2009, 09:52:21 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
i love Paul's hook shot.

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »

• Don Chaney
this is ridicoulous