Author Topic: Lost (TV Show)  (Read 45029 times)

Lost (TV Show)
« on: January 21, 2009, 08:14:30 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Anyone watching tonight? I'm getting excited!!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:52:19 PM by Roy Hobbs »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Re: Lost: 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:28:14 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
hell yah im watching, although im getting sick of these season reviews, i feel like ive seen as many of these reviews as i have episodes

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:25:13 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I was fairly underwhelmed with the season premiere, not a lot of groundbreaking events, what do you guys think?

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I was fairly underwhelmed with the season premiere, not a lot of groundbreaking events, what do you guys think?

I thought it was a pretty decent premiere.  I loved the Marvin Candle/Orchid Station stuff at the beginning.  I think the time travel twist is going to be interesting but I'm not sure if I'm like it in regards of plot.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 01:38:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Not reading the posts above since I've yet to see the episodes, going to watch them tonight, but I'm really excited about this. Overall, since the producers gave the show a definite length for the series, the writing and action has been really good and exciting. They're also including more action than in the past.

A bit disappointed with the viewer ratings it got with the premiere, hopefully it'll improve. There are too many people watching Criminal Minds. I like the show, but I don't understand how it can get that many viewers.

Re: Lost (TV Show)
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
I think that the two episodes started and finished with great scenes (Daniel in the orchid station and Ben talking to Daniel's mother???).

I think that you are really going to have to watch more of this season as a whole to appreciate these beginning episodes.

I do like the direction it is going in and still believe it is one of the best shows out there so far.

Anyone watching Fringe on Fox?  Another J.J. Abrams project.
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I'm watching Fringe. Good stuff, we can discuss it here:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=25015.0

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 02:39:57 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
They filmed a bunch of stuff for Fringe in my neighborhood in Brooklyn, and one morning my girlfriend and I walk outside, and walking right in front of us was...

Matthew Abaddon!!!! He looked strange in person as well, it was particularly shocking to see him, since his first appearance on Lost, had been only a few days before we saw him.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 03:08:13 PM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
Just a theory I have that I already posted on the Fringe page, but does anyone else think there is a connection between Lost and Fringe?

Seeing that J.J. Abrams has a hand in both shows and Matthew Abaddon is in both shows, I feel like something is up.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 05:29:59 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Just a theory I have that I already posted on the Fringe page, but does anyone else think there is a connection between Lost and Fringe?

Seeing that J.J. Abrams has a hand in both shows and Matthew Abaddon is in both shows, I feel like something is up.

I've not started Fringe yet. I'm waiting to see if Fox will renew it. Anyway, I doubt there is a conection since they are on 2 different networks. But you never know.

As for Lost, I really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Sci-Fi, so the whole time travel twist is kind of neat. Having said that, I don't know how others feel about the time travel twist. One of the cool things about lost was that most things, besides the smoke monster, could be explained without a sci-fi angle. Now we are full fledged sci-fi, people may be worried about bizarre things happening. :-\
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 06:31:37 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i think lost is a mess.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen

I've not started Fringe yet. I'm waiting to see if Fox will renew it. Anyway, I doubt there is a conection since they are on 2 different networks. But you never know.

As for Lost, I really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of Sci-Fi, so the whole time travel twist is kind of neat. Having said that, I don't know how others feel about the time travel twist. One of the cool things about lost was that most things, besides the smoke monster, could be explained without a sci-fi angle. Now we are full fledged sci-fi, people may be worried about bizarre things happening. :-\

It's a toss up, through the past couple seasons I felt like everything was being explained away with "too much reality." The fact that the others weren't others, people didn't have powers, etc. were things that were annoying me, but there is so much left to explain.

I have to say that time travel was by no means a surprise, I just hope they don't get overly confusing trying to explain the space time continuum, there is such a gray area, and we already saw it with Faraday insisting the past couldn't be changed. The writers have taken on an even greater task by almost combining time travel and alternate dimensions at once, hope they finish by doing their usual great job.

I am starting to think that all the voices and whispers always being heard are other people being in that area at a different time, and that being the residual effect of their presence, since prior to the wheel, they where on different time lines.?

Things I need explained:

Libby at the mental hospital
Walts powers/significance
The 4 toed statue
Adam and Eve
Smoke Monster
4 8 15 16 23 42
The other survivors that were with the Others and seemed to be
  brainwashed (the flight attendant, the kids...)
Christian's body, it still hasn't been found
The island's healing ability
Dead characters always being seen

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 07:17:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I've not started Fringe yet. I'm waiting to see if Fox will renew it.

FOX will renew it without a doubt. It's currently one of their best performing shows, and along with House and Bones, really the only 3 shows that did really well for the network during the Fall. There's really no question that it'll be renewed. I'll leave it at that, let's keep this thread on topic.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
Anyone out there think Mikhail Bakunin (aka Eye Patch Man) is still alive?

They tried to kill him off before and he keeps coming back.  Remember when they sent him through the electric fence?

He was one of my favorites and I wish they had more on him.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 10:14:01 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

It's a toss up, through the past couple seasons I felt like everything was being explained away with "too much reality." The fact that the others weren't others, people didn't have powers, etc. were things that were annoying me, but there is so much left to explain.

I have to say that time travel was by no means a surprise, I just hope they don't get overly confusing trying to explain the space time continuum, there is such a gray area, and we already saw it with Faraday insisting the past couldn't be changed. The writers have taken on an even greater task by almost combining time travel and alternate dimensions at once, hope they finish by doing their usual great job.

I am starting to think that all the voices and whispers always being heard are other people being in that area at a different time, and that being the residual effect of their presence, since prior to the wheel, they where on different time lines.?

Things I need explained:

Libby at the mental hospital
Walts powers/significance
The 4 toed statue
Adam and Eve
Smoke Monster
4 8 15 16 23 42
The other survivors that were with the Others and seemed to be
  brainwashed (the flight attendant, the kids...)
Christian's body, it still hasn't been found
The island's healing ability
Dead characters always being seen

oh and don't forget about the creepy dude in the cabin, can't remember his name right now haha