Author Topic: Feedback: what would you change about Celticsblog?  (Read 49276 times)

Re: Feedback: what would you change about Celticsblog?
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2009, 03:14:49 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
just one tiny suggestion. with the new site and format, often times the signatures folks have appear more prominately than their actual messages.

it is a distraction to have to sort through all the text to ignore the sig and read the post.

is there anyway to subdue the sigs, or make they easier to differentiate from the posts?

other than that i am really rather happy with celticsblog...as usual. :)

I definately agree with this one. Especially concerning Crownsy's sig!!

Also, there should be a restriction on posting youtube videos without first explaining in the post what the video is about.

Often times someone will post a video, and curiosity gets the better of me, so i have to click.  Alot of the times the videos themselves are semi-irrelevant or annoying.

If an explanation of the video was included, we could then decide for ourselves whether we want to watch it.

I think you can change the settings for sigs
and other stuff in your profile menu. Try it.

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2009, 03:20:01 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Go to "Look and layout preferences"
in your profile menu.
There's a variety of options you can adjust.
That way you won't have to watch my
beautiful sig every day ;)

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2009, 03:21:45 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
in your profile menu.

Done.

What sig?

TP

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2009, 03:35:05 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
in your profile menu.

Done.

What sig?

TP

At least it didn't say "Lakers" or "KB24"  ;)

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2009, 08:36:09 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but the forum where I spend most of my time has a "My Replies" button on the front page that brings me directly to a list of threads that I have replied to.  Quite useful.

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Not sure if this has been mentioned either, but when you type a long message that takes a while to write and you get timed out , why cant everything you just wrote still be there when you hit the back button . You have to write the whole thing over again and that is VERY frustrating !

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2009, 09:42:23 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but the forum where I spend most of my time has a "My Replies" button on the front page that brings me directly to a list of threads that I have replied to.  Quite useful.

We have something similar.  In the upper right, there is the menu with "Forum Home", "Profile", etc.  The option "Updated Topics" does what you're talking about.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I would prefer to not see threads and articles about non-basketball topics. I live in the midwest and while I am a die hard C's fan, other teams in the Boston area are not of interest to me. Sorry guys but the title says "Celtics Blog" and not Celtics and other Boston sports blog". Thanks for asking.

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2009, 09:56:53 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I would prefer to not see threads and articles about non-basketball topics. I live in the midwest and while I am a die hard C's fan, other teams in the Boston area are not of interest to me. Sorry guys but the title says "Celtics Blog" and not Celtics and other Boston sports blog". Thanks for asking.

Close your eyes. That usually works when you don't want to see something.

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2009, 10:09:31 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I hear what you're saying, but right now, approximately 30% of our forum topics are off-topic (with enough roughly 15% concerning other NBA teams).  There's definitely a demand to discuss other sports, etc., and so long as there's a strong demand, we'll try to cater to it.

In the future, it may be possible to customize the site layout so that users can choose what boards are visible to them, etc.  That technology isn't out there yet (at least compatible with our forums), but if it becomes so, I'm sure we'll do everything in our power to make this site more customizable.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2009, 10:19:30 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i'd like 100 tommy points for my "history" section idea...

(ah, just kidding!)  :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2009, 12:38:34 PM »

Offline CelticSquirrel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 12
I know you have some threads stickied but what about doing a favorite threads section where you can add threads from different forums that you like to check up on every so often. This would obviously be per user as well. For example, I really enjoyed Roy's thread about salary stuff and the thread "Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game" by redz. I want to be able to mark them as a favorite and get to them from just one centralized place.

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2009, 01:10:19 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I would add a spell/grammar check.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2009, 02:39:50 PM »

Offline scottdalot32

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
I don't know if this has already been said, but I would prefer that when you click on whatever forum you may want to go to, that it goes directly to the first page, rather than the last one.  It doesn't help to read the last posts if you don't understand what started the discussion in the first place. 

I mean you can always back track and just click on it, but some other forums have it where it goes directly to the first page, and it does make it a bit easier...

Other then that, I do miss the old celticsblog at times...

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2009, 05:16:25 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't know if this has already been said, but I would prefer that when you click on whatever forum you may want to go to, that it goes directly to the first page, rather than the last one.  It doesn't help to read the last posts if you don't understand what started the discussion in the first place. 

I mean you can always back track and just click on it, but some other forums have it where it goes directly to the first page, and it does make it a bit easier...

Other then that, I do miss the old celticsblog at times...

I don't think this works well because people that are actively using the forum would be inconvenienced more.