Author Topic: C webb Last night.  (Read 6340 times)

Re: C webb Last night.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 12:11:31 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I only see CWebb when he is on TNT, so dont catch a lot of him, but did anybody else think he was stoned last night?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 12:51:28 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I love watching Webber and Payton on Tuesday nights and now Webber on TNT. He is great at telling the truth.

Webber is a lot of fun. He was great tonight on NBAtv asking for fans to stop voting for LA & Clev for every fan night. Funny stuff.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 01:54:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I wouldn't be surprised if Curry never expected the small ball line up to work. He decided he had to try it out to prove it wouldn't work before he ordered either Rip or AI to the bench.
That was my thinking on the situation too .... too bad it's actually been their best lineup and most successful lineup this season. That kind of backfired didn't it?

Coach why do I need to go to the bench when we're winning more games with this lineup than all these other starting lineups you've put out there? That sounds crazy to me coach? What you trying to pull here coach?

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 09:14:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I wouldn't be surprised if Curry never expected the small ball line up to work. He decided he had to try it out to prove it wouldn't work before he ordered either Rip or AI to the bench.
That was my thinking on the situation too .... too bad it's actually been their best lineup and most successful lineup this season. That kind of backfired didn't it?

Coach why do I need to go to the bench when we're winning more games with this lineup than all these other starting lineups you've put out there? That sounds crazy to me coach? What you trying to pull here coach?
Best lineup? Maybe I haven't looked at the in game statistics, but since they've begun starting Stuckey they are 12-9. Right about their overall record.

I know Rip missed some of those games to injury though. Certainly the fans at DBB hate small ball and were rejoicing at this announcement.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 09:22:07 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Not to hijack this thread, but, substitute Marbury for AI, and the same would apply to the Celtics. Marbury could really give the 2d unit alot more quick offense.  Which is why DA is salivating right now.

marbury and AI are at two different stages of their career...AI believes he's an all-star - marbury is fighting for his nba life, as he's become labeled as something he wants to prove he's not.

that's why i'm warming to the idea that boston might be a great fit for him because he wants to prove to everyone that he can be a great team player.

dumars might as well go ahead and fire curry because any intelligent nba fan can see the writing on the wall.
Even now, I still don't think Marbury feels he has to prove anything.  He's... Starbury!

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 09:23:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not to hijack this thread, but, substitute Marbury for AI, and the same would apply to the Celtics. Marbury could really give the 2d unit alot more quick offense.  Which is why DA is salivating right now.

marbury and AI are at two different stages of their career...AI believes he's an all-star - marbury is fighting for his nba life, as he's become labeled as something he wants to prove he's not.

that's why i'm warming to the idea that boston might be a great fit for him because he wants to prove to everyone that he can be a great team player.

dumars might as well go ahead and fire curry because any intelligent nba fan can see the writing on the wall.
Even now, I still don't think Marbury feels he has to prove anything.  He's... Starbury!

yep.