Author Topic: C webb Last night.  (Read 6347 times)

C webb Last night.
« on: January 20, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

In case anyone missed Webber talking about The Pistons and Iverson. I thought he maid a great point, he said Allen  should come off the bench because he's never seen a guy that can score so well with four Scrubs on the floor with him.

Which is so true. Let Stuckey, Rip, Prince, and Antonio Gel together. And have A.I. come off the bench JACKING up shots, like everybody knows he wants to. It just makes to much sense.

And the other good point they made last night is you can't trade Billups without knowing exactly, where the guy your trading for is going to play, and what his role is going to be. Big Mistake dumars.

But if they can get Iverson not Rip to accept coming off the bench they might have something.

Re: C webb Last night.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
why dumars would trade chauncey billups away is beyond me...i believe that team is in turmoil and it appears he has no plan.

all these gm's waiting for the big FA class of '10 might end up disappointed.  i'm guessing that most guys will stay put as that's where the best payout comes from.  history may one day show that joe d. gambled and made a terrible decision.  if i were a pistons fan i'd be very disappointed...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:24:28 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Curry's decided to let Rip come off the bench. Its sad to see the way the Pistons season is going. Yeah 2010 summer is going to be disappointing too many teams clearing cap space and not enough FAs especially if a few teams pick up more than one.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 10:30:48 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I love watching Webber and Payton on Tuesday nights and now Webber on TNT. He is great at telling the truth.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 10:36:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I love watching Webber and Payton on Tuesday nights and now Webber on TNT. He is great at telling the truth.
What does that mean?

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:40:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
What does that mean?
t=

He's honest, like a fan.  :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 10:41:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
What does that mean?
t=

He's honest, like a fan.  :)
You really think analysts lie?

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 10:42:06 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Word is that Dumars ordered Curry to start Stuckey (I predicted this would happen). After that, Curry talked separately to Iverson and Hamilton inquiring them about their willingness coming off the bench. They both energetically and strongly refused and each of them badmouthed the other.

That's why he decided to go with that small-ball lineup, with Sheed at center and Prince at the 4. That doesn't work and Curry feels he needs to have Prince on the floor, so it seems he's now going with Iverson starting and finishing games.

We'll see how this all situation develops, but I've already watched a game that Detroit lost very possibly because AI was on the floor instead of Rip in the final minutes.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
We'll see how this all situation develops, but I've already watched a game that Detroit lost very possibly because AI was on the floor instead of Rip in the final minutes.
It is clear that Detroit decided it wasn't going to win a title with the current team and decided to dismantle the team for the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if Curry never expected the small ball line up to work. He decided he had to try it out to prove it wouldn't work before he ordered either Rip or AI to the bench.

I wonder how committed Dumars is to Curry. It'd be tough to come into a coach an ECF and watch it be torn apart. Jim O'Brien ended up leaving the Celtics. If Dumars had planned this path from the get go then the hiring of Curry makes more sense. A veteran coach likely wouldn't go along with it as willingly.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 11:05:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Not to hijack this thread, but, substitute Marbury for AI, and the same would apply to the Celtics. Marbury could really give the 2d unit alot more quick offense.  Which is why DA is salivating right now.

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 11:06:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I loved Webber's lines last night.  

AI is the hardest player to get the ball from when you are playing on his team.

AI needs to play with 4 robots like he did when the 76ers went to the finals.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 11:29:53 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Detroit is done this season, is any one really concerned with them?

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Tp footey, I love the point. That's what we need. A crazy, and talented guard to come off the bench and get Crazy. Like Iverson and Steph do.  Either one would be PERFECT for this team coming off the bench.

It's realistic that we get Star child. So hopefully we do.

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Not to hijack this thread, but, substitute Marbury for AI, and the same would apply to the Celtics. Marbury could really give the 2d unit alot more quick offense.  Which is why DA is salivating right now.

marbury and AI are at two different stages of their career...AI believes he's an all-star - marbury is fighting for his nba life, as he's become labeled as something he wants to prove he's not.

that's why i'm warming to the idea that boston might be a great fit for him because he wants to prove to everyone that he can be a great team player.

dumars might as well go ahead and fire curry because any intelligent nba fan can see the writing on the wall.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
dumars might as well go ahead and fire curry because any intelligent nba fan can see the writing on the wall.
He won't fire him after he's made such a major roster moves, at least not this year. I imagine he'll be given at least one more given the upheaval. Especially if they roll the cap space forward to 2010. Why pay two coaches when you're just marking time until the big free agent class.

Besides to back stab your home grown candidate after only one year? Not Dumars style, nor a smart move.