Author Topic: Karate Kid remake, bad omen for Celtics?  (Read 20469 times)

Re: Karate Kid remake, bad omen for Celtics?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 11:38:41 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I heard the news about 2 months  ago, and I still don't understand how it's going to work.  I don't understand how Jaden Smith who is an 11 year old will be able to act like Macchio did while he was 23 years old.  I just don't think it's possible for this to work.
do it

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 12:14:31 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
i think it's time to officially wax off...

Good one, Andy. TP.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 12:14:41 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I heard the news about 2 months  ago, and I still don't understand how it's going to work.  I don't understand how Jaden Smith who is an 11 year old will be able to act like Macchio did while he was 23 years old.  I just don't think it's possible for this to work.

Who cares if it makes sense or could possibly be a good movie, Will Smith wants to crowbar his dumb kid into a movie, and Will gets what Will wants.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Meanwhile, ten thousand scripts with new ideas were burnt in order to fuel the rehashing of a movie not even 3 decades old.

Can we have hannah montana be the love interest?  Ohh, and get Jerry Bruckheimer to produce... I can see it now.

Jerry Bruckheimer presents, as told by Michael Mann, as brought to life by Will Smith's son and Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter... and as seen by shills, KARATE KID:  TOO HIP, TOO EXTREME!

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
didn't they already do a karate kid sequel with some chick with horse teeth?

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 02:36:18 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
At least this will give Bill Simmons something to blather on about for 8,000 words.

Totally unnessesary remake.  Why redo something that's as insanely awesome as the original?  Do a sequel if you must, but some things in life SHOULD be sacred.

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 03:26:25 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Let's add Michael Bay to direct so we can complete the horror show.

WHY!??!?!

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
Lets have the Jonas sisters play the Cobra Kai too!!! You now how intimidating wafer thin pretty boys in skinny jeans are, and if you don't it doesn't matter, lets just put em in a movie give em tough guy lines and pretend it makes sense.

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

WHY!??!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRS90V8BQGo

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

WHY!??!?!

Ahh Michael Bay was who I meant in my post.  Slipped up.

Lets have the Jonas sisters play the Cobra Kai too!!! You now how intimidating wafer thin pretty boys in skinny jeans are, and if you don't it doesn't matter, lets just put em in a movie give em tough guy lines and pretend it makes sense.

As an upside they could also contribute to the soundtrack.  I know you would enjoy a remake of "you're the best!" with their falsetto voices.  Joe "bean" Esposito will spin in his grave (I am assuming he is dead.  Whoever he is.)

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 05:40:41 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen

WHY!??!?!

Ahh Michael Bay was who I meant in my post.  Slipped up.

As an upside they could also contribute to the soundtrack.  I know you would enjoy a remake of "you're the best!" with their falsetto voices.  Joe "bean" Esposito will spin in his grave (I am assuming he is dead.  Whoever he is.)

I am not joking when I say this, if there is a remake of "Your the best" in this garbage remake, all of Hollywood is in danger, I am a Tae Kwon Do black belt and have access to many weapons, there is only so much one man can make.

On a side note that would make a good movie, a guy heading to Hollywood to set right the makers of a terrible remake. I don't need to see the movie though... I LIVED IT.

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 05:48:44 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Jackie Chan soon could be mentoring a karate kid.

The action hero is in negotiations to star in Columbia's remake of "The Karate Kid." He would take on the role of mentor Mr. Miyagi, made famous by Pat Morita in the original franchise.

Jaden Smith, son of actor Will Smith, would play Miyagi's young protege, a role originally played by Ralph Macchio. The studio also has signed Harald Zwart ("Agent Cody Banks") to direct the picture, which possibly will begin shooting this year in Beijing.

After the good luck it bought us last year, could this be a problem?
Am I an idiot - I'm missing something here - what good luck did the Karate Kid bring the Celtics last year?

As for the remake, I too am more than a little disturbed. I consider the Karate Kid the most important film of my lifetime. I will not appreciate the desecration that will surely accompany any remake involving Jackie Chan and Will Smith's kid.

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009, 05:32:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I will not pay any money to see this.

To quote Jay Sherman.... "If you stop watching bad movies they'll stop making bad movies.

If the movie stinks just don't go"

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i love all things jackie chan and kung fu, so i will see this film.  i have read that it loosely based on the karate kid, but there will be alot of differences.  i read that it will be "kung fu kid" and will smith is involved in some capacity behind the camera.  no idea how it will turn out, but i hope it stands on its own 2 feet and doesnt turn out to be a crappy remake of a classic.

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009, 07:08:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I have to wonder what kind of meaningful fighting a 12 year old can do.

If they just didn't call it Karate Kid I'd see it. But rather they want to steal some unearned reflected glory, which is bull