Author Topic: Cavs vs LAL  (Read 16751 times)

Cavs vs LAL
« on: January 19, 2009, 03:52:25 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
who do you think will win? If the cavs win, I'm gonna be worried much more against them. Of course, Lakers aren't that much treat concerning East playoffs but I wish they'll beat the cavs.

Re: Cavs vs LAL
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 04:54:47 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If the Cavs were healthy, they'd be my pick.

Then again, the Lakers aren't playing good basketball right now. Bynum has something like 7 rebounds in the last three games (Orl, Sas, Hou). Their defense is up and down like a yo-yo and their offensive execution has been inconsistent due to spacing and scoring options beyond Kobe.

Think I'll stick with the short handed Cavs to beat LA. Lakers are the team that should win this game, it'd be a disappointing loss for them.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 05:05:29 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Tossup.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Who guards LeBron? Kobe certainly cant
Cavs
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:27:19 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
Don't worry guys, Scottie Pippen lite will be guarding Lebron!! I read it on the internet.

In all seriousness, I think the Cavs win if someone else on the team can have a good shooting night. Need shooters to step up in absence of Delonte. If it's all Lebron, Cavs chances for success seem small.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 08:50:44 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
this should be a really good game.  i will watch as much as a i can b4 falling asleep.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:07:07 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
What I like about this matchup is that one team has to lose and gives us a chance to catch up with them in  the overall standings ;D Of course the Celts need to do their part today and win. 

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'll go with the Cavs...They play in a better conference  :)

Seriously, Cavs are playing the best ball right now.
Yup

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 10:08:21 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
cheering for stadium implosion...can't stand either team

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 10:10:33 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
If Sasha and Wally are on, the Cavs win (see Friday night).  If they are off, they will lose.  It's pretty much that simple.  Look for Lebron to guard Kobe.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »

Offline idrinkdetergent

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
My money is on me puking 2 mins into the game due to all the Lebron vs Kobe best player on the planet discussion. I hope they both some how lose the game and maybe even Lebron gets hurt diving into the stands and lands on the Zen master forcing him to retire and never passing Red in the Championships won record. The Camera can pan to Sasha crying over the loss of their leader then getting a manicure to make himself feel better.
"Sam Cassell was heckling on the sideline when I walked down, He looked at me and was like, ‘You're getting the ball, I know you're getting the ball!'
said Allen.

And did Cassell, a man of many words, have anything to say after that?

"No, I told him he needed to wear a tie."

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I'll go with the Cavs...They play in a better conference  :)

Seriously, Cavs are playing the best ball right now.

Best ball out of those 2 teams...The Magic are playing the best ball in the entire NBA, the fact that they have the best record isnt a fluke
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Hmm, I really think we could use HCA over Cleveland more than any other team so I guess I will watch and sit in silence because I can't root for the Lakers to win.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
My money is on me puking 2 mins into the game due to all the Lebron vs Kobe best player on the planet discussion. I hope they both some how lose the game and maybe even Lebron gets hurt diving into the stands and lands on the Zen master forcing him to retire and never passing Red in the Championships won record. The Camera can pan to Sasha crying over the loss of their leader then getting a manicure to make himself feel better.

Besides the name and avatar, both of which
crack me up every time, this made my day  :)
TP.

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 12:28:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
As I stated in an earlier thread I guess I will be tentatively supporting the Lakers as it gets us within a game of LA, CLE, and ORL in the loss column (assuming a W against the Suns). 

What I am really rooting for is a Sasha P/Sasha V Ultimate Slapfight showdown.  Tiebreaker can be who weeps the most on the bench afterward.