Author Topic: Suns (23-15) at Celtics (33-9) 1/19  (Read 43036 times)

Re: Suns (23-15) at Celtics (33-9) 1/19
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I don't get why Bill couldn't have played more tonight. He didn't even get in until about five minutes left in the game... Makes no sense to me. The last game he got in for a possession or two before half time and played the entire 4th... = /

I see no reason to not give him at least 10-15 minutes with TA out... and then when TA's healthy I'd love to see Tony in a different uniform.

« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
After this game, POB has accumulated 17 turnovers in 85 minutes.

That's around 9 turnovers per 48 minutes. Meaning he turns over the ball more or less at the same pace of the entire San Antonio Spurs team in a decent day. Seriously, the entire team (5*48 minutes=240 minutes, meaning that on average POB will commit 5 turnovers for each one of a Spurs player).

« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2009, 11:05:46 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I don't get why Bill couldn't have played more tonight. He didn't even get in until about five minutes left in the game... Makes no sense to me. The last game he got in for a possession or two before half time and played the entire 4th... = /

I see no reason to not give him at least 10-15 minutes with TA out... and then when TA's healthy I'd love to see Tony in a different uniform.

Does he know the plays? Just a couple of days ago Doc said he didn't even had the chance of practicing with the kids.

« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm on the Bill Walker bandwagon. I like his energy and athleticism. I know its been mainly garbage time but he's scoring and playing decent defense. I'd like to see him get 8 minutes or so per game. I'd do it to give the bench a spark and to get Pierce some rest.

« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2009, 11:09:12 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I did not read through this game thread, but it is worth noting (if not repeating) that Scal is a very good defender. He uses his feet and body as well as anyone, and plays the rotations to perfection. He frustrated the hell out of Stoudemire tonight.  He is a very intelligent defensive player.

I just wish he was a better 3 point shooter. You just feel his loss of confidence when he shoots.

True that. He does a good job on everyone he guards. Remember how he guarded Harrington when he was on fire? He was the only one who could do anything about it.

I think he's a pretty good 3pt shooter. Just not tonight, percentage wise, I think he's up in the 40%'s on the season.

Speaking of 3pt percentage, doesn't Rondo's 3pt stroke look good? It seems like every time I see him take one it goes down.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2009, 11:10:43 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I'm on the Bill Walker bandwagon. I like his energy and athleticism. I know its been mainly garbage time but he's scoring and playing decent defense. I'd like to see him get 8 minutes or so per game. I'd do it to give the bench a spark and to get Pierce some rest.

I'm trying really hard to stay off the Bill Walker bandwagon until I see him get those 8 meaningful minutes per game. Garbage time doesn't prove much... but its hard not to be excited. He's such a fearless beast. Imagine how athletic he'd be if he hadn't had two or three knees surgeries.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2009, 11:17:03 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Does he know the plays? Just a couple of days ago Doc said he didn't even had the chance of practicing with the kids.

Does TA know the plays? ???

« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2009, 11:22:44 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
anyone else notice this interesting tidbit on espn's recap

"Celtics G Ray Allen was planning to leave after the game to attend the presidential inauguration. The rest of the team was flying to Miami early on Tuesday so it could arrive in time to watch on TV. "
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2009, 11:31:05 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Im not going to rag on TA, I think he works hard with the tools that he has.
With that said, Billy Walkers offensive footwork is miles ahead of T Allens.
And he has a natural abillity to use this footwork to get between his man and the rim.
His defense is more of a concern, but the effort is there, and he can only get better.
Hid defense is better than GGs ever could hope to be, and his offensive potential is much higher than either TA or GG.We need quality depth at this position, and a player who can score as well as put forth solid effort on D is worth taking a closer look at, we have nothing to lose.
blind optimist or GENIUS