Author Topic: If Marbury is going to be signed by the Celtics. Put trade idea here.  (Read 4839 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
What the heck.  Need a place for all of them.

I'll start.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2367~138~3200~3429~348~3019~1978~2506&teams=25~25~25~25~25~25~2~2&te=&cash=

New depth Chart

PG  Rondo   Marbury  Cassell (after the 30 day waiting period)
SG  RA      Wilkins   Pruitt
SF  Pierce  Scali     Walker
PF  KG      Powe      Joe Smith (bought out and yes, I am dreaming right now)
C   Perkins Collison   

PLus one free spot in case anyone else shakes out. 

Re: If Marbury is going to be signed by the Celtics. Put trade idea here.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 02:56:29 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
How receptive would House be to be traded?

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 03:57:00 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 03:22:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'd worry more about Cassell. That trade messes with chemistry something crazy.

I think its more likely Giddens goes somewhere for a future pick.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 03:53:10 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
One of those slow days, I guess...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2367~138~3200~348~1021~2165~70~498~510~788~1731~2010~615&teams=25~14~25~25~28~28~28~2~28~2~14~2~14&te=&cash=

Probably not too plausible, but it's not too far out there, either I don't think.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 04:50:40 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
How about Tony Allen and Eddie House for James Jones? Jones is on a ridiculous contract but only this season and the next are guaranteed.

Marbury + Jones + Pruitt/Walker/Giddens.

Not a great trade, may (or maybe not, not convinced myself) be a solid one though, help shuffle the pieces into a better order.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 08:13:38 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Desmond Mason and Joe Smith

for

Tony Allen, Eddie House, Big Baby, and Scals.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2367~3200~348~1021~518~788&teams=25~25~25~25~2~2&te=&cash=

I like this one if we traded Powe instead of BBD for two reasons: I think BBD will be a better fit because of his all around game potential, plus Powe is valued more around the league right now and the deal might get done if Powe is included instead.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 08:17:06 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Desmond Mason and Joe Smith

for

Tony Allen, Eddie House, Big Baby, and Scals.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2367~3200~348~1021~518~788&teams=25~25~25~25~2~2&te=&cash=

I like this one if we traded Powe instead of BBD for two reasons: I think BBD will be a better fit because of his all around game potential, plus Powe is valued more around the league right now and the deal might get done if Powe is included instead.

I don't really know about better fit, but definately Powe has more value around the league and he should be offered to get trades done if needed be.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 08:19:35 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
How about Tony Allen and Eddie House for James Jones? Jones is on a ridiculous contract but only this season and the next are guaranteed.

Not a great trade, may (or maybe not, not convinced myself) be a solid one though, help shuffle the pieces into a better order.

The bigger question for me would be if James Jones will be effective this year after not playing for some time now and coming back from that wrist injury. He's played very little this season, and with little impact from what I've seen. He hasn't gotten into the court in the last couple of games.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 08:20:21 AM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
If Marbury was added to the roster, the only big issue would be a 6'10 (or taller) center on the bench. And as you know, most tall, talented guys are either on expensive, bad contracts, or just not good enough to play on this team. And I'm not even sure that the guy I'd like to see, would do much better than Glen Davis, but he's got more size. Plus to me it seems like a realistic trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=138~3200~234&teams=15~15~2&te=&cash=

Francisco Elson already won a ring with the Spurs in the 06-07 season, so he's been in the playoffs before as a backup (He actually started some of the games too). He's never been a beast on the boards or a scorer for that matter, but I think he could be solid with Powe as a part of the bench unit and most likely fill the role of PJ Brown. I don't know much about his game though, so I don't know if he's got an outside shot - But hey, it's better than seeing Davis taking jumpers with a droprate of 30 % anyway.

And why would Milwaukee trade this guy? Well, he's only playing 10 minutes a game right now, and he's no cornerstone of their team. He might be somewhat of a mentor for Andrew Bogut, but I think the Bucks would let him go without much hesitation. They've also got Malik Allen and Dan Gadzuric for this role, so god knows they've got more than enough centers. They'd get Big Baby Davis as a backup PF with some upside that can produce more than Elson does as this moment, plus he's a young guy. Milwaukee aren't going to compete for playoff spots this season and I doubt they see Elson as a part of the franchise future, given that the guy is 32 years old.. 

Edit: The trade would also work with JR Giddens or Gabe Pruitt instead of Sam Cassell.

I also just read that Elson and Garnett have a history from the playoffs, so perhaps this wouldn't he a good solution anyway..

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2367~3200~1021~2171&teams=29~29~29~2&te=&cash=29:2

That's predicated on a couple things:

1. Memphis is cash strapped (not sure if that's true or not.)

2. Scal would take a buyout (he has ~6 million left over the next year and half) - not to come back here, but just not wanting to stay there.

3. We'd send cash.

Net result is that they'd save 1.5 million in salary, plus whatever cash we sent, and whatever buyout they could get going with Scal.

For us it'd get a big man who can step in when Perk is injured and is serviceable on a non-killer deal. As bad as he was last year, his throwing up an average PER and has played good D in the past. His +/- is a bit underwhelming though.

I'd see us ending up with a rotation of something like:

Perk, KG, Pierce, Ray, Rondo

Use KG at C for 5-10 MPG and Darko (10-15) behind Perk. Powe would get 20+ at PF. Starbury would get 20+ behind Ray and Rondo. That would leave 20 MPG for House, Walker, and Pruitt at the wings to be used as needed in a given game. With each bringing something different.

Depth Chart:
Perk, Darko, POB
KG, Powe
Pierce, Walker
Allen, Pruitt, House
Rondo, Marbury, Cassell
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:41:42 AM by Brendan »

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 08:55:24 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

The bigger question for me would be if James Jones will be effective this year after not playing for some time now and coming back from that wrist injury. He's played very little this season, and with little impact from what I've seen. He hasn't gotten into the court in the last couple of games.
Great point. There's about a month prior to the trade deadline. That should be enough time to find out the answer to that question.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

yeah, Jones' contract is actually extremely reasonable. 4 mil next season and that's it. like you said the rest is a team option.

he's actually a pretty good idea if he can play, but if he can play, i would think Miami would hold on to him....at least until they decide what to do with Marion. If they trade Marion for a big, then i could see Jones getting PT on that team.

plus, they are looking at a playoff spot, so i think teams that could face us in the playoffs are going to be very hesitant to do a deal that ends up helping us get better.

it's not like we can save them a lot of money in a deal with an expiring contract.

maybe something like:

TA, Cassell (who get released), and Bill Walker.

they save about a mil on Cassell and get an interesting prospect in Walker.

but again, i think teams that might end up facing us in the playoffs are going to be very hesitant to deal with us.