Author Topic: Are the Orlando Magic hopeless?  (Read 10535 times)

Re: Are the Orlando Magic hopeless?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:59 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
It's interesting that in this entire thread, Rashard Lewis's name has been typed exactly two times. (Once in that list of who the Magic starters are, and the other time saying he can't stop KG)

That's because he is a complimentary player.  A good one, but a complimentary player none the less.  Those guys don't win playoff series.
A complimentary player getting paid like an MVP candidate. Just an awful contract.

Call me crazy but I think Rashard Lewis is turning into more than just a complimentary player, he is straight ballin, a matchup nightmare, and despite what you think actually can guard KG just fine...Hes one of the most underrated players in the league despite the contract....beautiful jump shot
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Rashard Lewis' defensive improvement over the past three seasons has been very impressive.

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It's interesting that in this entire thread, Rashard Lewis's name has been typed exactly two times. (Once in that list of who the Magic starters are, and the other time saying he can't stop KG)

That's because he is a complimentary player.  A good one, but a complimentary player none the less.  Those guys don't win playoff series.
A complimentary player getting paid like an MVP candidate. Just an awful contract.

Call me crazy but I think Rashard Lewis is turning into more than just a complimentary player, he is straight ballin, a matchup nightmare, and despite what you think actually can guard KG just fine...Hes one of the most underrated players in the league despite the contract....beautiful jump shot
How can you be underrated when you're paid 17 million? He's the 15th highest paid player in the NBA.

He's a great shooter and a decent offensive post player. But he doesn't get go to the post that much because Dwight Howard lives there.

He doesn't rebound his position well, he doesn't defend the post well, he doesn't get to the line, he's a poor passer, and he isn't a shot blocker. Rashard Lewis a shooter and that is about it. You need to do more than that to be worth 17 million at the PF position.

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 01:32:09 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Rashard Lewis' defensive improvement over the past three seasons has been very impressive.
He's better under Van Gundy, but I'm still not impressed by his defense.

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 02:47:47 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
The core issue with Orlando, IMHO, is that they still don't really have a guy who can create his own shot.  Howard's a beast, but he's still limited in terms of his post moves; prove me wrong, but he still seems to get most of his points on dunks.  He's not like a Tim Duncan.  Hedo and Rashard, they're both very good players but they'd ideally be #2 guys; fundamentally, they're jump shooters.  On the Celtics, they'd be filling Ray Allen's role, not Paul Pierce's. 

Really, their big three are all guys who would be great #2 guys on a lot of contending teams.  They don't have a Kobe, they don't have a LeBron, they don't have a Pierce, they don't have a 'Melo, they don't have a Wade, they don't have a Duncan.

They're a tough team, one of the most improved in the league, but I'd rather be matched up against a team that relies on jumpers and can't really rebound that a team like Cleveland.

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 03:19:17 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Lewis signed a 6 year 120 million dollar contract. Wish I was so underrated.  ;D