Author Topic: Trade for Lebron Stopper  (Read 11580 times)

Re: Trade for Lebron Stopper
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 11:25:47 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Yes, having Garnett back there after LeBrawn bowls over the first two guys is certainly helpful.

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 11:44:04 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Yes, having Garnett back there after LeBrawn bowls over the first two guys is certainly helpful.

Or more importantly, having Garnett, or Perkins hedging out strong enough to not allow him to bowl over the first two guys.  The only times Lebron has been able to get to the hoop in the halfcourt defense has been when the big men have been too slow to show, leaving them in an awkward position, where Lebron can beat his own man with a quick first step, and then use the big man's momentum against them to fly past them. 

This is how the C's kept Lebron bottled up, especially early in the series last year...they executed flawlessly.  As soon as that execution breaks down, the C's won't stand a chance, even if they have Scottie Pippen in his prime trying to lock down Lebron..

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 12:24:13 AM »

Offline Gunga la Gunga

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
A Lebron Stopper?  This is about the only thing I thnk could stop Lebron.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/model/229/229.htm

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 12:27:40 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 08:17:50 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Leon, Scal, PP, Baby, TA could all stop LeBron somewhat, but the officials have to be willing to occasionally call traveling or offensive fouls on LeBron.
But putting aside my justified paranoia about the NBA refs, it's like when Tommy says about Scal- "you can't stop him, you can only hope to slow him down".

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 01:25:20 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139

;D ;D

The referees could start calling his traveling moves if they bothered to enforce the law. I mean its tough to stop anyone if they can drive to the basket without having to take a dribble inside the three point line, let alone Lebron.

Oh! What the heck! Put Scalabrine on Lebron (thumbs up)!
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2009, 02:02:09 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
There is no such thing as a "LeBron stopper."  Sometimes LeBron has a bad game, that's all.

IMHO Pierce and Tony Allen can do about as good a job on LeBron as anyone. The best you can do is to turn him into a jump shooter.

If there were such a thing as a "LeBron stopper" the team having that player would not be anxious to trade him, because defenders as good as that don't come along very often.

Whats with you and Tony Allen? TA can do nothing against LeBron, Pierce and Posey do a good a job as anyone in the league at guarding him...TA not even in the conversation

It wasnt even Tyrus who was the best on him last night either, Luol Deng and Nocioni did a decent job

I like TA's defense. Sure he's light compared to LeBrawn, but who isn't? The trick is to stay in front of him and make hims shoot over you.

The problem is, he can shoot over whoever we put on him.  Thomas is quick and athletic enough to stay in front of him and long enough to bother the shot.  This is why we need another long guy to defend Lebron.  Not necessarily a stopper, but someone to slow him down and make it more difficult for him, which Thomas can do.  I really don't want to have Paul do defend Lebron for the whole time he's on the floor, it zaps his offense.

The problem isn't that he shoots over whoever we put on him. The problem is that he gets to the hoop too much. Doc would be thrilled if Lebron took mainly outside shots against us, even if they were good looks.

Right on, Tim.  TP

This is exactly the reason why TA can defend Lebron.  Because the strategy is to back off a step to prevent the drive and encourage the outside jumper.   

Another guy that no one has mentioned in this thread is KG.  He can surely handle him, and I expect Doc to use him a bit on him in the playoffs.  If LBJ plays all 48, you put Scal in for Paul and let him cover the opposing PF, and KG switchs to Lebron on D. 

In my opinion PP and KG are the two best defenders in the L to throw at him.  Add to that TA and Scal and we should be able to give Paul proper rest when playing them.