Author Topic: Variation on my Memphis trade  (Read 2866 times)

Variation on my Memphis trade
« on: January 15, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
i tossed this out there in a couple of other posts today after suggesting something similar before New Year's:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=348~3023~3425~2188~2794&teams=29~29~29~2~2&te=&cash=

it's changed from baby and TA to powe and house, in order to make it more attractive to memphis. they could use help at the 4 in a big way, and some shooting to compliment mayo. eddie would have to approve the trade. so to me, TA and eddie are interchangable here. i can't stand watching either of them play and don't feel they're keys to us winning again this year. a combo of cassell and gabe can EASILY replace eddie's role (when was the last bog shot he made? does he use his fingers when he dribbles or just his palms?), and ross immediately moves ahead of TA in the rotation anyway.

i'm not going to go thru a big justification on this, other than to say that baby has been pretty good lately from a defensive standpoint, leon has been shaky at best, and warrick is a dynamic offensive weapon. we're not really going to pay leon some large sum to stay in green next year, i don't believe. maybe he'll come cheap, but i'd rather pay warrick. i also think ross is severly underrated as a defensive garbage man.

would you do this deal? would memphis do this deal?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Variation on my Memphis trade
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I wouldnt go as far as saying gabe replacing house easily...But im all for the idea, im not sure management would. Intersting idea but theres just something i dont like about it for some reason. Warrick and Ross are too similar of players for me (or maybe I just havent seen enough of their gameplay).

I like the idea of warrick for the 3 but he's just another small 4 to me.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:32:45 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
are you Tradeproposaldude's cousin?

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:58:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
are you Tradeproposaldude's cousin?

i don't know him, actually. notice i'm not trying to trade for luol deng. my ideas are based on role players who may be available and could help the Cs in areas of deficiency. warrick. nocioni. watson (not one of my best). julian wright (i wish).

very few trades are vaible for the Cs based on their bench talen right now. memphis has needs for power forward and shooting, and they're not going to keep warrick. that's why i think this trade is doable.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:01:01 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't like the idea of keeping TA over House.  If we keep House and trade TA instead, I might do it.  But why would Memphis?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I don't like the idea of keeping TA over House.  If we keep House and trade TA instead, I might do it.  But why would Memphis?

For Memphis: 1) they have no back to the basket post presense at the 4. Darko doesn't count, even when he actually plays. I like Gasol's game more than i thought i would but he's alone out there in the middle most nights. they don't even really have a power forward of any kind save for Arthur, who is a nice prospect but basically compliments Powe's game -- point is they could use a great garbage man like Leon. 2) Warrick duplicates players they already have, and there have been rumors for over a year that they'd be happy to move him. What they have is slashers, what they need is inside play and shooters (thus my inclusion of House over TA). In my estimation Warrick is worth at least 30-35% more on the free agent market, and that is money Memphis is not going to spend on him, but they may spend on Leon. 3) they get a 7 foot euro prospect, something they seem quite fond of.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I do like this trade idea better than the first for us, but I just dont think Memphis would do it. They will 'feel' like Warrick is worth more than Leon Powe and Eddie House.

Nice idea though, I would like to pick over their roster as well. ;D
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 07:48:49 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2367~3200~1021~2171&teams=29~29~29~2&te=&cash=

i'd rather get el-busto to help our defense especially considering perk's health.