Author Topic: Hypothetical evil trade idea.  (Read 6812 times)

Re: Hypothetical evil trade idea.
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 02:15:14 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Just forget the Miles part and see if we can find a way to get outlaw from them.

booze, needle drugs, and a picture of thier GM in a eddy curryesqe postion with big scal?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 06:45:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think Travis Outlaw has very good trade value, above what he is as a player. Perception is playing nicely in his favour. I think the Blazers can get a lot more in a package for him.

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I really dislike Outlaw (amazingly dumb and one-dimensional) and Channing Frye (extremely soft). Even in this hypothetical situation, I'd be looking to move them for other players ASAP.

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »

Offline scottt40

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Why on earth would Portland do that?  They are not going to give up Outlaw anytime soon.
Scott_T_CT

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 07:30:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I guess some people are just not getting the tongue-in-cheek nature of this thread.

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 09:15:38 PM »

Offline bostonftw

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
What does this deal do for the Portland Trailblazers?

I love it from our perspective but I know Portland would never go for that.

Raef LaFrentz is a big man vet I'd like to pick up if is bought out released by Portland.
It saves them $18 million!!!

Just to kinda clear it I hope and to be my first post. IN a nutshell, it won't actually save Portland $18 Million, rather it with cost them $18 Million more if Miles plays another two games to any team. That's why Portland Management send out those emails "threatening" other teams that if they do sign Miles just to hurt the financial safety of the team (Portland), legal actions would be taken. That would also mean that the team would be over their Salary Cap and the Luxury tax would be applied, about $8Million to be payed on non tax paying teams.

What was said above is already close to happening since Memphis signed him to another 10days. He just need to play two of them to give Portland some headaches.

"Once Miles plays 10 games this season, the $18 million left on his contract returns to the Blazers’ books over the next two years and severely punctures Portland’s opportunity to sign a star player to complement its good young core of players." He already played 6 for Boston and 2 For Memphis before he got to Portland.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What does this deal do for the Portland Trailblazers?

I love it from our perspective but I know Portland would never go for that.

Raef LaFrentz is a big man vet I'd like to pick up if is bought out released by Portland.
It saves them $18 million!!!

Just to kinda clear it I hope and to be my first post. IN a nutshell, it won't actually save Portland $18 Million, rather it with cost them $18 Million more if Miles plays another two games to any team. That's why Portland Management send out those emails "threatening" other teams that if they do sign Miles just to hurt the financial safety of the team (Portland), legal actions would be taken. That would also mean that the team would be over their Salary Cap and the Luxury tax would be applied, about $8Million to be payed on non tax paying teams.

What was said above is already close to happening since Memphis signed him to another 10days. He just need to play two of them to give Portland some headaches.

"Once Miles plays 10 games this season, the $18 million left on his contract returns to the Blazers’ books over the next two years and severely punctures Portland’s opportunity to sign a star player to complement its good young core of players." He already played 6 for Boston and 2 For Memphis before he got to Portland.
I guess some people REALLY are just not getting the tongue-in-cheek nature of this thread.

Yeah, I know all that. But if Memphis doesn't play him and then releases him and then Boston were to pick him up and sign him through the end of next year and never play him they are saving Portland $18 million.

So, Boston would then force Portland to take some scrubs off their hands for two players that the Celtics could use for their championship run because the Celtics would be ensuring Miles never sees the floor thereby saving Portland the 418 million.

Again, this was a bit of a joke, kinda making fun of how Boston could take advantage of Portland's idiotic situation with Miles.

I hope that clears things up for a bunch of you that just aren't getting this or aren't reading the entire thread.

GEEEEESH!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »

Offline gucci74

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
that Portland trade is what I'm talking about Channing Frye I dont know if you can get Outlaw you may have to swap O'bryant for Pruitt they need a back up point guard