Author Topic: Who do you root for?? (Soccer/Football)  (Read 36781 times)

Re: Who do you root for?? (Soccer/Football)
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »

Offline eat ur wheaties

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 19
CHIVAS DE CORAZON!!

also enjoy watching EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, AFA or w/e FSC or GOLTV has to offer

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 01:39:55 PM »

Offline lilbrady012

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
my favorite team has been roma, but that was my allegiance for totti, but since hes been injured all the time, and there not as good as they were 2 years ago, my love has faded a lil bit. As for the premier league, my favorite has always been, and will be this years premier league and champions league champs....LIVERPOOL...though torres has been injured, they have not lost a beat, with gerrard kuyt keane, i love this team. and as for the most exciting player, im not goin to go with the cliche answer of cristiano ronaldo, but didier drogba. that much power, that much speed is jus amazing

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 01:41:56 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
my favorite team has been roma, but that was my allegiance for totti, but since hes been injured all the time, and there not as good as they were 2 years ago, my love has faded a lil bit. As for the premier league, my favorite has always been, and will be this years premier league and champions league champs....LIVERPOOL...though torres has been injured, they have not lost a beat, with gerrard kuyt keane, i love this team. and as for the most exciting player, im not goin to go with the cliche answer of cristiano ronaldo, but didier drogba. that much power, that much speed is jus amazing

Didier Drogba of a season ago was certainly up there. This season? He's looked average at the best of times.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Casperian - Kaiserslautern are definitely not a small team. However, if you get promoted this year I don't see the title on the cards for you in 2010.

PS: That Lautern team's "architect" and key player was Sforza...

In Germany I root against Bayern. The most arrogant team in the world, don`t despise any team more then them. I like Hoffenheim since I started following them when they promoted to second devision 2 years ago. Their development has been unbelievable! And I am also a Kaiserslautern fan from the year they won Bundesliga as a promotion side. Loved Olaf Marshall on that team!

Ok, then weīre the smallest "big" team in the country^^. And I donīt see us winning the league, either...but a fan can dream. This season, they play very entertaining and have great offensive defenders. Thatīs already more than I could hope for 6 months ago, so even if they wonīt get promoted, Iīd call it a succesful season.

Sforza was my favourite player in the early nineties, a playmaker with exceptional defense and high IQ, but the architect was Otto Rehhagel, thereīs no doubt about it. Sforza was also always a troublemaker, so he wasnīt really the leader of the team. Olaf Marschall was a typical 80ies striker in the late 90ies. Even ten years later, I canīt put my finger on what exactly made him so efficient. Also very underrated is Mario Basler, who was probably one of the most skilled german players ever, but could only play 60 minutes due to his conditioning.
TP all around, I donīt get many chances to talk about the 1. FCK on the internet. (And yeah, **** Bayern)

Regarding Keane, I have to say that I was never more afraid of any ManU player when a german team played them, but I was also always concerned about injuries. Roy Keane played at the limit, and sometimes stepped over the line, but I donīt think he ever tried to injure an opponent on purpose. If a player would really play that way, he would be out of the league in a short time, because opposing teams would try to injure him first.

I understand the quote Markeras posted as if Keane knew his relentless style of play would cause injuries for himself.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:06:25 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 06:28:13 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Well there is the team i support with all my heart and a couple of european teams that i like to follow.

So my team is the competely unknown (unless you are interested in volleyball) team Iraklis Thessaloniki. A few years ago we played against Kaiserslautern , so maybe Casperian knows us :D

Other that Real Madrid and Man Un are the teams i like from the major clubs since early-mid 80s. There was a weekly show about english football and one game live and Man Un although not at their best were very popular.

On the other hand Real Madrid was in top flight with Sanchez, Buyo, Gordillo ,Camacho, of course Butragenio. I think the all white outfit attracted me. The clashes against Milan are still legendary (although the italians crushed us a couple of times)

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 07:12:25 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
AC Milan since I can't remember when, always has been my #1 team, always will be

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 07:36:12 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
AC Milan since I can't remember when, always has been my #1 team, always will be

Thoughts on Kaka?

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2009, 02:59:12 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Liverpool FC!!!!
UBUNTU

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2009, 05:18:36 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Here it is Yugocelt... I was just kidding by the way you don't owe me anything.

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 06:01:53 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Underdogs in the World Cup.

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »

Offline Yugocelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'm surprised there are so many that follow the German Bundesliga here.. Great.  I'm also a Hoffenheim fan, hard not to like them.. Such a shame Ibisevic was injured, he had a shot at breaking the record for most goals scored in the league..

I'm an Inter Milan fan btw.  Go Nerazzurri.

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 07:15:05 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm blue through and through.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 07:17:54 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Didier Drogba of a season ago was certainly up there. This season? He's looked average at the best of times.

Average under Big Phil.  He has looked really good with Hiddink at the helm.  That said, I'm not sure Hiddink is the answer long term.  I wish they had kept "The Chosen One".
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I root for the Patriots and for no one in soccer. 

Well, I guess I liked the women's U.S. olympic soccer team when they took off their shirts.

I realize that soccer is an intricate and universally-loved game, but there just isn't enough scoring, and for me, the majority of the games are like watching paint dry.  That's why the anoouncers bellow at the top of their lungs for at least 10 minutes when someone actually scores.

I don't like golf either.  As Karl Malone said, it just spoils a nice walk.

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Any Liverpool supporters out there?

Y.N.W.A
UBUNTU